Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited August 2019
    We still need to be filling out those forms. :D Your great work needs to count for the challenge!

@Kgaff: that is a very unique cave--so many things I did not think of to put in! Awesome job!
  • chrischris8894chrischris8894 Posts: 371 Member
    NAME: Chrischris8894
    LINK TO LOT: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9334795
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://imgur.com/a/NqeSxeO
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Included in above album
    LEVEL: Advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x20/74 Ocean Vista, City of Sunsets/$50,767
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Secluded on the edge of a bustling city near the ocean, this rocky abode gives sims the chance to go back to their roots. This home is made in stone & wood & decorated with animal hides for that primitive flair. Basic appliances & a fireplace are provided without the crowding of modern technology.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    21a63a76613ef59a6ab875e93d138b7c.gif
    I am still working on my man cave. How is everyone else doing?

@Chrischris8894 Love your "caveman" and the layout of your house!
  • chrischris8894chrischris8894 Posts: 371 Member
    @ciane @iampes23 Thank you! It's been a while since I did a build challenge :)
    21a63a76613ef59a6ab875e93d138b7c.gif
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    I actually decided to give this a try, not sure I'll be done by the end of the month. Just too much else going on, but it's a fun try anyway.
    I finally got mine done after several attempts. I have all the pictures done, but I need to put the slide show together. I will have it up later today.
    @creativemetaphor: I hope you do you get it done soon. If you need an extension, just ask! We would love to see your entry!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #216 - The Man Cave
    NAME: iampes23
    LINK TO LOT: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9335960
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://imgur.com/a/5DOhGEV
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9335965 (included in the slideshow)
    LEVEL: advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Dragon Valley lot, 16 Clover Drive, 25x25, $23,628
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: A natural rock slide between two hilly areas provided the perfect "cave" for this man cave build. An entrance concealed from passers-by gives the ultimate privacy to this tiny home. A small pond on the property allows Nean to fish without leaving home. The home is the perfect place for this outdoor -loving aspiring author to get away from everyone and everything and concentrate on his writing, painting, and guitar playing.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: only my own patterns
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    wDq0UsR.jpg
    cQvqsKi.jpg
    Not going to do an official entry but here are the screenshots from the build I managed to actually do this time! :)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/X5gWrEAaZ13oMm787

Just a few brief notes - courtyard has a small harvestable garden, a swimming pool, and across that is an outdoor 'waterfall' shower. Beside the entrance to the first room is a water feature.

Through the entry is the living room with a fireplace and an opening in the ceiling for the smoke. There is some seating beside the fire and some additional seating beside a window looking out onto the pool. This room also has a paint kit for making cave wall art, and a ball for exercise and entertainment.

The inner room has a place for grilling fish and vegetables, dining area, and kitchen with stone "built in" sink, wood fired stove, and refrigerator. There is also a dummy for keeping in shape and a bookshelf for reading and education. There is also a door to the toilet room. To one side is an archway that leads to the outdoor shower, and has an indoor tub. Near that is the doorway leading to the bedroom.

On top of the build is a bonfire with a sleeping bag for sleeping outside in summer and watching the stars.
    @ciane I really liked your tiny one-room cave! Everything a stone age sim could want!

@kgaff I love the little touches like the hottub and juice keg you put in without them feeling out of place. The archery range is a great idea, too.

@chrischris8894 Beautiful lot placement! I really like what you did with the dining room table.

@iampes23 The outside is amazing, you did such a great job with the rocks and foliage to really make it look like it was tucked into the ground!
    Wow! You both had a lot of fun with this! Loved how complex they both were!
    It's always interesting seeing the different directions everyone takes with the same build.
    I must add I'm impressed with how pretty some of the street art images are. I'd never really played with the skill before but my cave-sim just made this:

screenshot.jpg
    Yes, some of the murals are truly beautiful. It took me a long time to realize you could pick up the street art and move it as well. I like to use MOO to overlap some of the pieces as well.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    5nd1sli.png

BnS216 The Man Cave is closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    mYBFuLN.jpg

"He looks so sad," you think, studying the teenage boy staring down at the sidewalk as the door behind him shut. As you approach, he looks up and straightens his shoulders. A faint "I'm ok" smile crosses his lips and fails to reach his midnight sky eyes.

Unable to help yourself, you give a friendly, comforting smile. "Is everything ok?"

"I, uh, yeah," he glances back at the door behind him. "Yeah." He repeats, that fake smile leaving his face. Forgetting your presence, he mutters, "It will be fine. I'll find someone else who will help."

You glance at the door, a realtor company. You also frown, knowing them to not always be the most open minded of people. "Wanting to buy a house?" You ask curiously.

He jumps. "Huh? Oh. Kind of. Not really a house. Its fine."

Intrigued you smile, "Maybe I can help."

His eyes brighten, "Really?"

"Maybe," you gesture to a bench across the way. "Lets talk."

A few minutes later, the young man, introduced as Gio Cooper, turns to face you on the bench and begins his story. "My family and I, we travel a lot. Sometimes for work, sometimes just because there's some place we want to go see. We don't have a house really, just some RV's that we use to travel around. Its pretty neat." He sighs, "last year my da got sick. He didn't pay much attention to it. Said he had a cold. Ma finally made him go to the doctor when it didn't go away." His mouth tightens and he swallows hard, "The doctors say that it won't ever go away."

"I'm sorry." Your heart twists for him.

"Yeah. Anyway, the doctors, they say that he had a while yet and Da wants to keep traveling. But he has to keep coming back here, to Willow Creek, now. His doctor is at the hospital here." He falls silent for a while. "So, the rest of the family and me. We want to have a base. Got the money up and everything. But... No one will sell us some land."

You're silent for a moment, then "You will want a bathroom. Maybe a bunkhouse for cold weather. Kind of a lodge maybe." Gio stares at you as you yank out your phone to take notes. "How many RVs are there?"

"Uh...3." He says uncertainly.

"Electrical hook ups..." you trail off muttering to yourself. Then you look up at him. "What budget?"

"$35,000 I think." Gio says, staring at you like you're crazy.

You grin and stand up, "come on. I have a friend who is selling some land." And head off, with Gio scrambling up to follow you.

The Brief:
    Create a base for Gio and his family
    3 'RV's' (you'll need to put your creative hats on firmly for this one)
    A lodge for when the weather draws in
    A communal bathroom area
    Any lot size 40x30 or larger
    Budget - $75,000 to include building the three 'RV's'

Optional Challenge
    Create Gio Cooper along with members of the family, and show them looking around the new site.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Oh, I like this one. I've been wanting to build more tiny houses, RV style.
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Yeah, this one is ticking my fancy too. It’s been eons since I participated... since the Fairy Tale Neighborhood. Should be fun trying to make the RVs :)
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member
    edited September 2019
    Lol Ciane. Any opportunity for CFE and I'm in the mix heh heh. Well I'm making good progress... up until its time to recolour then I turn into a snail. How about you? Any one else going for this one?

@BuildnShare ... your deadline on p1 says Saturday, 31st August, 2019... I think you meant Sept 30, correct?
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Lol Ciane. Any opportunity for CFE and I'm in the mix heh heh. Well I'm making good progress... up until its time to recolour then I turn into a snail. How about you? Any one else going for this one?

@BuildnShare ... your deadline on p1 says Saturday, 31st August, 2019... I think you meant Sept 30, correct?

Thanks for pointing that out, is now fixed! :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Recoloring is my bane as well! But, so far I haven't started the actual building. I'm still in the thinking and planning stage.
    @BuildnShare I'm a little confused as to the purpose for the lodge. The RVs would have everything already, no? Living, cooking, beds and bath?
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    @BuildnShare I'm a little confused as to the purpose for the lodge. The RVs would have everything already, no? Living, cooking, beds and bath?

Maybe because most rv's aren't insulated, in rl that is. ;)

Also depending on the type of lodge it might have amenities you can't fit into an rv, such as a dj booth & dance floor, bar, arcade, and more. :)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    I think of it as a normal rec camp facility that offers campers showers and kitchen as well as covered eating area.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top