Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    5nd1sli.png

BnS215 The Family Emergency is closed!

As this was a short challenge, please let us know if you have a build to submit. We can look at extending the deadline as needed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    BuildnShare 216 - The Man Cave

It’s not that he seems unhappy, exactly, or even displeased with you. He just seems flat. As if there is no excitement or emotion there at all. “I’d like a cave,” Mr. Durtal says.

“Oh, I enjoy doing man caves! So much room for creativity. Sports memorabilia, wet bar, maybe some arcade games?”

But he shakes his head. “No, I mean a cave. Literally, a cave.”

“A cave?”

He nods.

“As in, a hole in a rock?”

He nods again. “A cave. Made habitable, of course. Curtains, table, chairs, bed… all natural materials that, well, look like they’d belong in a cave.”

Well, who are you to judge others’ interests, right? “Well, I admit, this is a first for me.”

“I love the idea of having a real cave,” he says. “Where I can… well, y’know, just be me.”

You think you know what he means and you really do not want that mental image. Though, speaking of image, this is not what you had in mind when Mr. Durtal sat down across from you. He seems so clean-cut, modern clothes, nothing about him screamed ‘caveman’.

“But, with walls, of course, yes?”

“Not necessarily. Look, I admit, I may not know exactly how to go about it, but I want to live in a cave. Like, you know, cavemen did. It’s just something I’ve always wanted to do.”

You fidget with your pencil. “Nothing modern at all?”

“Well… it could use some basic plumbing. A fridge would be nice, too. But make them look as ‘stone-agy’ as you can. Nothing overtly modern; no tv or anything.”

“So leather, furs, wood, definitely stone, and of course, fire,” you say as you start making notes.

“Exactly!” he says.

You put down the pencil and smile. “I think that’s all do-able, Nean.”

He seems surprised to hear it, and it’s sort of a relief to see some spark of emotion on his face at last. “Really?”

“Of course,” you say. “There is a reason people come to me, after all.”

He breaks into a wide grin. “This is amazing! You are the first architect who has accepted my request!”

“Oh? How many have you asked?”

“Twenty-seven,” he says.

“Ah.” Well, that explains his initial mood. “Well, I guess that makes me lucky number twenty-eight!”

The Brief:
    128,000K budget
    Create a “cave” house.
    The basic needs of your sim must be met - hunger, bladder, hygiene, energy, fun - but you have wide-leeway in how to meet them.
    Social does not need a specific item placement as it can be met through being, well, social.
    All items should be made to blend as much as possible with the theme. Avoid anything too overtly modern.
    Landscaping must complement the theme.

Optional challenge
    Show Nean Durtal moving in to his new cave and making himself at home.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Wow, that's a very unique build request. I am going to have to play with that. I just saw a friend of mine make a cave for Sims 4, so I am looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Are both The Man Cave and The Senior Situation due on August 31st?
    Both sound like intriguing ideas and it will be fun to see what everyone comes up with.
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Both sound like intriguing ideas and it will be fun to see what everyone comes up with.

I'm thinking both are options and both are due at the end of the month. And, yes, very intriguing and lots of ingenuity and creativity!
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    ADWilson wrote: »

I'm thinking both are options and both are due at the end of the month. And, yes, very intriguing and lots of ingenuity and creativity!

Sorry--miscommunication--we are doing the man cave--but the number is not right--we are up to 217--I will let @BuildnShare know :D
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Hi...

I did the last challenge buy I can no longer access my Flickr account for some unknown reason. I have had it with Flickr and am now searching out a new way to post pictures.

I'm not sure which platform I'll use yet, seems like google or imgr might be the way to go.

• creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    Kgaff wrote: »
    Hi...

I did the last challenge buy I can no longer access my Flickr account for some unknown reason. I have had it with Flickr and am now searching out a new way to post pictures.

I'm not sure which platform I'll use yet, seems like google or imgr might be the way to go.

Yeah, I use Google photos. You can arrange in folders, add descriptive headers, and put them in whatever order you want.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Kgaff Oh, that's too bad about your Flickr account. Mine has been fine, although - for whatever it's worth - a while ago I went ahead and got a paid account with them because I was putting up so much stuff and it wasn't a bad cost. Did you ask them for any help with it? (no idea how their customer service is).

@creativemetaphor Happy to see you're still around. :)
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    suzses wrote: »

@creativemetaphor Happy to see you're still around. :)

I second this! We've missed you lately.

@Kgaff - I hope you find a new site you like and share the pics again. I'd really love to see what you did.

• creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    Been swamped with all sorts of endeavors, haven't even cracked open Sims in months. But have been trying to peek in here occasionally and enjoy everyone's builds. :)
    edited August 2019
    Well, it turns out it was a glitch in the universe for the last few days and mostly yesterday.

I couldn't get on anything yesterday, including this site. I tried posting and I got a message that said I don't have permission for that !!? : :#

So now today everything seems to be working okay...so far. I'll try to put up a pic or two of the last challenge later

Hello @creativemetaphor! I was just thinking about you. Glad to see you again :)
    Kgaff wrote: »
    Well, it turns out it was a glitch in the universe for the last few days and mostly yesterday.

I couldn't get on anything yesterday, including this site. I tried posting and I got a message that said I don't have permission for that !!? : :#

So now today everything seems to be working okay...so far. I'll try to put up a pic or two of the last challenge later

Hello @creativemetaphor! I was just thinking about you. Glad to see you again :)

Sorry you have been having problems. I am glad that they at least seem to be fixed. You have an extension to enter the last challenge. :D

Thanks for the extra time :) I ended up starting a new flickr account so this one is dedicated to Sims, what a pain >:)

I started doing the reno on the EL first, I then abandoned it and did the cabin that @iampes23 did. I had a good chuckle when i looked at @ciane 's build. We sometimes think alike and they both came out looking quite similar. I did however go up and have a second floor. I really liked the landscaping that came with the cabin so I really didn't add or subtract any except to change the walkway to the front door.

48456008627_3f51e95e65_z.jpg

Here's the rest of the pictures -- https://www.flickr.com/photos/183138166@N05/albums/72157710093964811/with/48456008627/

Here is the "EL" before I quit...

48455909291_1485b6a9bc_z.jpg

and a few more pics -- https://www.flickr.com/photos/183138166@N05/albums/72157710094967492/with/48455909291/
    @Kgaff - The El - Wow! I really love the design you added into the roof portion through other roofs. I've never thought of that, but will now have to play with that a lot! I also love the mix of reddish tan brick with the blue green color and those big windows. I like the way you added onto the house much the same as I only different, with a nice big living room in the front and the kitchen and dining off the back. Pretty landscaping too!

I also love your cabin and am off to take a closer look at it now.
    @Kgaff --I love what you did to the cabin! Great job!!! you also had a strong start at the El as well.
    I was seriously under budget again on the cave, so I bought an expensive car! :wink:
    ROFL I was trying to do this in Sims 2, but there are no rocks that you can use in build mode.
  • ZinchtZincht Posts: 32 Member
    I have family vacation this week and next, and I've had a cold for the past several weeks (yay me for having it before the trip?), so I don't think I'll have time for the challenge this month. But, I didn't want people to think I had given up on this thread, I understand how important it can be to attract new people!
    Enjoy your family vacation. Summer will soon be over.
    Yay! on the "new" computer now and will start this build soon. So good to be able to do the challenges again!!!
    If you are curious, I've finished mine:
    http://cianesims.home.blog/builds/bns/cave

I do hope some other caves appear before the end of the month!
    ciane wrote: »
    If you are curious, I've finished mine:
    http://cianesims.home.blog/builds/bns/cave

I do hope some other caves appear before the end of the month!

Your build looks awesome! I want to steal all your ideas now! lol I should not have looked until I had finished!

I came not even close to spending the entire budget. I was at around 78,000 when I decided it was enough.

Here is the MAN Cave

48601109371_3da5563a33_c.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183138166@N05/albums/72157710492090371
    I love that view! You made a very nicely landscaped setting! And, wow, nice and roomy with lots to do inside. Nice job @Kgaff !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top