Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Agmolly210Agmolly210 Posts: 21 Member
    Sounds like fun! I can't wait to see everyone's houses.
  • ZinchtZincht Posts: 32 Member
    Just throwing a happy (American) mother's day out there to any of the ladies here who have children! [I hope that is within the ToS]
  • missroxormissroxor Posts: 392 Member
    Oooh, I LOVE this challenge! I'm a bit late to see it so don't know if i'll finish on time but I'm definitely gonna give it a go! :D Can't wait to see everyone's, I love seeing real houses.

Q. Do the before pics have to be furnished as they are now or just walls, floors, doors, windows etc as they are now?
    edited May 2019
    I have my houses done, just need to take pictures. I placed them side-by-side for the before and afters...

I've had my house for 15 years, a lot of it is already what I want by now >.< and sims 3 doesn't have 'collectible card games' and 'cubical storage'... Or if they do, I haven't bought it yet.
    Zincht wrote: »
    sims 3 doesn't have'cubical storage'.

I was just grumping about this yesterday! Why on earth did they not collaborate with Ikea for TS3 like the did with TS2? :(
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    I've lived in my house for 15+ years but still had to look at picture to make sure I did the front right!! OMG!
    edited May 2019
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #214 - The Tables Have Turned
    NAME: Zincht
    LINK TO LOT:
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://www.flickr.com/photos/156838363@N05/sets/72157708829955387

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: nope, sorry
    LEVEL: only intermediate
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x40 size, base house $133,534, remodel $159, 024
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I put a lot of comments in the picture descriptions. I've had the house for 15 years, so some of it has been remodeled already. The stairs have been adjusted for sims standards, and most of the "stuff" in the house has been moved/removed to allow proper sims pathing on the base model. (I tested this a bunch!)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: YES please.
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No idea if I have custom content. I don't think so, but if you see something, let me know and I'll change this. I have some store content.
    TWITTER TAG: none
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: nope
    TUMBLR LINK: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    BEFORE:
    47962777631_42555a12f3_o.jpgBnS 214A-009 by Daniel Z, on Flickr
    AFTER:
    47962738207_c0715af68f_o.jpgBnS 214B-061 by Daniel Z, on Flickr
    Anyone else?
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    We had the gift exchange going on this month in the store's gift giving forum, so that kept everyone who participated too busy for anything else, I think.

You have a lovely home @Zincht. I love the wood and the greens and all the lovely flowering bushes.
    Same here, I put all my energy into the gift exchange and didn't quite get mine done, then add to that the Flickr change over. I did do most of it but I don't have any pictures to upload.

Hope to get the next one :)
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Your home is lovely @Zincht
    Like ciane, I <3 the amount of wood there is and the green in the laundry room is such a pretty color!! I envy your having a large bathroom ... our "master bath" has a walk-in shower, no tub. If you're standing at the sink, nobody can get in or out of that shower. At least we have two bathrooms so it isn't too big of an issue, lol

I'm sorry that regular/frequent BnS builders couldn't participate this month because they were busy with the gift exchange I hosted. Hopefully, they have time to do this one just for fun like I plan on doing and can share images and links later (if not here, somewhere else) because it would be neat to see how each other live.
    No one has posted it closing yet ;)
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited June 2019
    I sure hope more people participate in the next challenge! I would, but my computer finally quit even turning on. I am on my roommate's laptop, which will not run any of my games . But I still want to see what everyone can come up with. :D That would make my boredom more bearable :D lol
    Sorry to hear that @iampes23. I've had that problem before myself (or was it that I couldn't turn off?) It might have been a fan problem once, but I did eventually get a new computer.
    I started mine and really enjoyed making the house how it is now but funnily enough I had the same problem i have in real life: I couldn't decide on what style or even colour scheme I wanted to live with :lol: In the midst of trying to figure it out we finally received the notice we've been waiting on all year that we're moving house. So now I can't get enthusiastic about decorating this house anymore because I've seen the houseplans for the new house (which I have already built and I'm trying to use sims to help me figure out wth I'm gonna squeeze all our furniture in! lol. Sorry.
    That's awesome, @missroxor - enjoy simming your new home and the move as well.
    Just so @Zincht isn't alone, I quickly finished what I had started. I don't remember the finished price or the lot size, sorry. This is just for fun.

I live in the middle of corn and soy bean country in the mid west. There are only about 10 houses close to me and lots of wide open fields.

I didn't do the remodel of course due to time, but, I really don't know what I would change except for some new furniture perhaps. We just did the kitchen and the master bath (the real one has a quarter round tub and shower but the sims one is just toooo big)

47995131053_85f4b1c66e_c.jpg

More pictures --> https://flic.kr/s/aHsmDZRm5k
    I loved seeing your home @Kgaff. You have a very lovely home with a great layout. I love your pretty flowers and flower patterns. And what a nice sized garden - not too large, but large enough.
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

I was hoping to enter this one since creating my home is on my bucket list but unfortunately life kept me super busy. Ah well... hopefully one day. Very nice homes @Zincht and @Kgaff . Well done 🌟
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    I was hoping I could enter as well but a) life is crazy busy for me right now and b) I feel at this moment in time that my building skills are not quite able to handle recreating my home. (It's an old home with many features that are difficult/impossible to recreate in TS3).

I love your homes @Zincht and @Kgaff ! I'm glad you had the chance to build them! :)
    There have been over 200 challenges, is there a place to submit challenge ideas, and somewhere where they are all listed so we don't repeat them?
    edited June 2019
    Can I suggest a round-robin format for ideas? Like, instead of suggesting a duplex for two couples for pride month on a lot no bigger than 30x30 with a budget of 88,000 who like to host pool parties, one person would post the tenants/clients, the next would post a line about their personality/lifestyle, then the lot size, then the budget?

You could always restrict requests to one day a month (like, the last day), then at the end of that time, use a random selector program for each and see what comes together. That way more people are inspired to build, since their suggestions have become part of the process.
    Post edited by Zincht on
    edited June 2019
    Zincht wrote: »
    Can I suggest a round-robin format for ideas? Like, instead of suggesting a duplex for two couples for pride month on a lot no bigger than 30x30 with a budget of 88,000 who like to host pool parties, one person would post the tenants/clients, the next would post a line about their personality/lifestyle, then the lot size, then the budget?

You could always restrict requests to one day a month (like, the last day), then at the end of that time, use a random selector program for each and see what comes together. That way more people are inspired to build, since their suggestions have become part of the process.

Aww, but I come here for inspiration! :lol: I don't love every challenge idea but I always really appreciate the way the stories are written for these rounds, the author really has a way with words. And I like that there's usually details hidden in the story that aren't listed in the requirements so you have to pay attention. I wouldn't want to see that change too much. Unless the person that writes the challenges is sick of having to do them on their own :lol: Well that's my two cents anyway, not that you asked for them. A round robin challenge sounds fun but I'd do it as a separate challenge on a separate thread to this.

ETA: There's this thread where they're always looking for ideas and builders.
    I agree with you @missroxor, about the wonderful writeups. The little narrative vignettes seem to add something to the contests that other contests lack. It just seems that perhaps the team is getting a bit worn down, and the respondents either busy or thin on the ground.

Since January (when I found this thread), I have seen multiple calls for assistance, a decline in entries, and no updates in the staff on the first page of the thread. Maybe I just missed the updates, but I was hoping to have another challenge this month, and time to work on it.

I suppose I could wade through 378 pages of past challenges and comments, but it looks like most of those people haven't been posting here recently, either. I can't get the winner's circle or the link to the collected history of winners to load, and I find it disappointing. So, I made the offer to see if there was a way to keep things going a bit if the judges need a break.
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited June 2019
    The problem is not the stories--we have plenty of those for the rest of this year and into next year for the Sims 4, which is every two weeks. Generally speaking, the challenges are used for both Sims 3 and Sims 4. I am not sure why the challenge for this month is so late.

@BuildnShare--are you going to put up a new challenge soon? Thanks!

Even though I cannot participate in the challenges right now due to my computer biting the dust, I have written many stories. I am also not the only one writing stories. I will try to get some more to her soon. I hope nothing bad has happened...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top