WELCOME to BuildnShare! Originally started by @addict1220
, this challenge has been running strong since June of 2009. For those new to the challenge, you may want to read the information in the second post to see more information about Build-n-Share.
, Your BnS Hosts
You sit back at your desk and smile. The last project took a lot out of you, but you are so happy you could help. You think back on many of your clients and how pleased they were with your work. But really, you could use a bit of a break, you think.
Rose comes in and hands you a stack of mail. You motion for her to sit as you flip through it, mainly bills and junk.
“So, who’s next?” you ask.
“Actually- ah, nobody.”
“Really,” he says. “I guess it’s just a quiet month. We have some interest for a few months from now, but I think your schedule is free.”
You ponder this for a minute, then say, “In that case, Rose, we have a client!”
“Oh?” She perks up, as curious about why he doesn’t know this as he is about who the client is.
“I have been living in the same place, with the same decor for years now! After helping so many others realize their dream houses, I think it’s time I do something about my own!”
“But you love that house!” Rose protests.
You laugh. “Yes I do. I do love that house. But the inside is so dated! The decor, the colors, the style... It may have been me once, but it isn’t me anymore. Rose - I am going to give myself a makeover for a change!”
- This challenge will be quite different. This month we are asking you to build your house in the game. No, not your dream house, your actual real house. To the best of your and the game’s ability, we want you to build the house, apartment, or residence you currently live as close as you can.
- Then, give your home a makeover! Do not add, remove, or change any walls. This includes adding detached structures - no walls can be added or removed. The structure of the building must stay exactly as it is. You can swap a door for an arch of the same size and vise versa. You can swap windows for the same size windows. Fences and half-walls can be added, changed or removed. No other changes are allowed to the structure of the home.
- Beyond that, you are free to change the type and style of floors, walls, any built-ins like cabinets and plumbing, you can re-purpose rooms, but only within the scope of not changing the walls and windows.
- Take before and after shots to show us how you have reimagined your home! Take enough to really give us a feel for how it is now and how you envision it in the future.
- There is no budget for this build! There are too many variable home to try to limit, this challenge is all about the before and after.
The deadline for this challenge is Friday, 31st May, 2019 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EST/New York Time]
OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #214 - The Tables Have Turned
NAME: your forum id
LINK TO LOT:
LINK TO MEDIA: your entry will be judged on your pictures
OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: if you entered the optional challenge, include a link here
LEVEL: beginner, intermediate, or advanced
LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST:
LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: tell us about your build, include any details and rationale that might not be obvious from your pictures
CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes" if you'd like suggestions for improvement, "no" if you'd like only positive feedback
CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:
TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)
A reminder to use the entry form as is. If you are adding any pictures, please limit them to two per entry post and place them at the bottom of the entry form.