Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blog help!

Hi i've just started my first blog so i can publish my legacy and i'm trying to create links to each chapter and episode so that readers can just click and read the episode they want instead of having to scroll through my blog (hope this makes some sort of sense!)

Can anyone help me out with this?

Hope its ok to post this here i know it's not exactly sims related but it's legacy related (kindof!)

Comments

• ashpie88ashpie88 Posts: 3,163 New Member
    edited January 2011
    What site are you using?
    Blogspot livejournal wordpress?
  • angiebeno18angiebeno18 Posts: 903 Member
    edited January 2011
    Sorry i should have said i'm using blogspot, i'll link to my blog (shamelessly plugging my legacy in the process!)

http://angiebenno.blogspot.com

• ceruleecerulee Posts: 444 New Member
    edited January 2011
    If you're using Blogger, what I like to do is use the Link List gadget. Go to Design, and it will take you to the Edit Layout page. There will be random text boxes saying "Add a Gadget" on this page, and you click on the box that is in the location where you want your links to be. Select "Blog List" from the drop down menu, and then put the urls of each of your blogs into each of the links, ordering them however you like.

Edit: derp.
    Edit 2x: Go away Liam
  • angiebeno18angiebeno18 Posts: 903 Member
    edited January 2011
    Ok thanks i will give it a whirl :D
  • reportedcatladyreportedcatlady Posts: 2 New Member
    I realize this is a really old thread, and a LONG shot... But I am trying to create a new blog and could use some advice from people who have blogs. I couldn't find where to create a new post, I dont think I can until I'm a full member. I don't even know if anyone will see this. But my question is... What is a good website to start the blog on? Wix.com was incredibly laggy, I have all of my posts there but I can't handle the lag anymore. I heard of wordpress.org and weebly.com. Also Ghost.org. I own my own domain, if that makes a difference. Any help is appreciated!
  • BABYxTHExLUXEBABYxTHExLUXE Posts: 230 Member
    I like to use blogger. A lot of simmers also use wordpress.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I realize this is a really old thread, and a LONG shot... But I am trying to create a new blog and could use some advice from people who have blogs. I couldn't find where to create a new post, I dont think I can until I'm a full member. I don't even know if anyone will see this. But my question is... What is a good website to start the blog on? Wix.com was incredibly laggy, I have all of my posts there but I can't handle the lag anymore. I heard of wordpress.org and weebly.com. Also Ghost.org. I own my own domain, if that makes a difference. Any help is appreciated!

You're asking a question that I wanted to ask myself. I've always told Sim stories to myself as I played and wanted to take a stab at an on line story.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I love word press. You can up load pics to the media section and add new pages and grab your pics from media to add along with text. Linking is easy too.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright