Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to Fool Your Game Into Giving You Full Clubs

Comments

• KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    edited December 2010
    Okay. I did everything right but it won't let me copy and paste the stuff from the bin to notepad. It says access denied and that's where I can't continue. Can anyone help me?
    edited December 2010
    4) Copy the contents of the GraphicsRules.sgr file into a notepad and edit the cpu levels from 1, 2, 3, 4 to 4, 4, 4, 4.

This is the part that is giving me trouble.
  • 3jsand1r3jsand1r Posts: 264 Member
    edited December 2010
    Wow this seems to have helped the overall performance of my game.. not night yet so I will see how it does for club populations!
  • dalevan101dalevan101 Posts: 180 New Member
    edited December 2010
    WOW! Hats off to you my friend! This has done exceptional things for my game! :mrgreen:

Like the poster above me, it seems the overall performance of my game has improved entirely. Bridgeport is blazing fast!? My clubs are now always filled with sims, especially places like Waylon's Haunt, and Eugi's, but also the Brightmore, and Aquarius! Late Night just got 100% more enjoyable. This is a must do for anyone who's getting empty clubs!

**I haven't tried to see how many people show up at some of the high-end lounges, like the Prosper Room or Plasma 501, but I'll check it out. Also, another tidbit of useful information. Go into create a sim, and make a family of 8 Young Adults. Make them all party animals, flirty, friendly, etc. and dress them in club wear and what not. Move them in to a cheap house and let them do their thing. They'll help contribute to the number of sims at your clubs, BIG TIME.
    edited December 2010
  • thepagemaster234thepagemaster234 Posts: 122 Member
    edited December 2010
    It didn't work for me at all, my maximum amount of sims in a club is still 8 exactly, my CPU score is 2.

I did everything and followed every instruction :/
  • NeverentNeverent Posts: 478 Member
    edited December 2010
    Hey everyone; just checking in. I've been away for a while (finally the semester ended [got another 4.0! One more semester and I'll actually graduate with a 4.0!), christmas AND my birthday also came and went... so I've been very busy!

I'm really happy to see that so many people are still benefitting from this. Aside from one complaint (someone messed up their game doing this? I don't know people manage to do that...), everyone seems to be having phenomenal results. That's great :)
  • rawremilygrrrawremilygrr Posts: 9 New Member
    edited December 2010
    So I have followed every step... I messed up the first time and didn't turn my file extensions on... ugh But I'm having a problem actually replacing the file now. I can only put the other file in the "bin" folder. What am I doing wrong? :(
  • rediqueredique Posts: 354 New Member
    edited December 2010
    My CPU rating is 1 BUT there is MORE then 20 sims behind the plasma 501 high rise that wont leave EA HAS TO FIX THIS and there is more MY SIMS ARE STUCK THERE TOO.
  • WintyrWintyr Posts: 241 Member
    edited December 2010
    Hey I wanted to thank you for posting this and putting it really simple so even someone like me could understand...but i was wondering after i copy everything fromthe original bin it won't let me paste it into my new sgr folder, so could you tell me is there something i was supposed to do in between those two steps? :cry: Anyways everyone seems really happy and it looked like it worked very well for them..so thanks if you can :-o

oops thats what i get for not reading every page sorry for the bother :shock:
  • kianna83kianna83 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I having problems replacing th eold file i save it and then i go to the old sgr and try to replace it but how do i do that i try to right click it but nothing comes up im working with an labtop does that make a difference
  • richard1972rrichard1972r Posts: 79 Member
    edited January 2011
    Dude, you da man!

I did the little tweak and now all my clubs are PACKED!
  • Nealos101Nealos101 Posts: 19
    edited January 2011
    My computer is pretty average as the CPU is concerned but my memory and graphics card are top notch so it really bugged me in the Sims 2 and I almost gave up on it becuase of this very same nasty! Luckily I found maxnumofvisitingsims cheat in a strategy guide :)

Thankyou so much for showing me the appropriate file to do a similiar fix; at least I won't have to add a command line cheat every time.

Will try tomorrow.

:)
  • kattenijkattenij Posts: 49 Member
    edited January 2011
    If people have tried this fix, and still feel like there aren't enough Sims at a bar/club, there are max limits to the number of guests based on bar type. These values can be quite less than the hardcoded max of 20. Dive Bars have a max of 8, Lounges a max of 19, and Dance Clubs a max of 14. These values do NOT include the staff.

There also seem to be be traits that are "non optimal" for venue gathering: Frugal, Loner, Looser for Dance Clubs/Lounges and: Snob, Coward, Neat, Family-Oriented for Dive. The game may not be "calling" Sims with these traits to the clubs/bars.
  • ced1106ced1106 Posts: 139 Member
    edited February 2011
    Great post. Learned quite a bit from it, especially the celebrity / slots explanation.

I'd suggest the "in-game only" workarounds be added as separate section in your OP, for those who really don't want to tweak their computer:
    * Remove the security ropes from clubs.
    * Add families of party-animals.
    * Copy Celebrities into your Sims folder.
    * Have fewer clubs.
    * Maximum number of Sims in Dive, Dance, and Lounges.

In Riverview, I only have three nightclubs, with no security guards. But they're certainly busier than their Bridgeport counterparts!
  • VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited February 2011
    I love this post so much. My clubs now have people in them!

It deserves to stay bumped, so...

Thank you. :mrgreen:
  • VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited February 2011
    Posting this in case it may help someone else:

(With the inevitable disclaimer: This seems to be a very clear case of under-rating my processor. Don't try and force an old machine do more than it can handle.)

OP's instructions worked like a charm, my hot spots are now actual hot spots, but I did notice one problem:

As warned, one side-effect of this was having my sims occasionally stand around, staring into space, when they should be doing something. Too much to handle at once, the game just goes "I'll process this later."

Dismayed, I opened up my DeviceConfig file again and noticed this.

Relevant bits are bolded and underlined:
    === Rating info ===
    GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 4 RAM: 3 CPU Speed: 2659 Threading: 2
    Adjusted CPU: 2259 RAM: 3068 Adjusted RAM: 2556 Cores: 1
    === Machine info ===
    OS version: MacOS 10.6.4
    OS prod type: 0
    OS major ver: 10
    OS minor ver: 6
    OS SP major ver: 0
    OS SP minor ver: 0
    OS is 64Bit: 0
    CPU: GenuineIntel
    Brand: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3520 @ 2.67GHz
    Family: 6
    Model: 10
    Cores: 1
    HT: 1
    x64: 0

Lies. I have a quad-core! :evil:

So I enlisted the help of my other half, who's a programmer, and we jumped back into GraphicsRules.sgr and dug around a bit trying to find the right setting to tweak to fix this, and make the game take better advantage of the processing power my machine actually has.

A bit below the "seti cpuLevel____" lines that were to be changed according to OP's instructions, there's another set that looks like this:
    seti threadLevelHigh 3
    seti threadLevelMedium 2
    seti threadLevelLow 1

We changed it to this:
    seti threadLevelHigh 3
    seti threadLevelMedium 3
    seti threadLevelLow 3

So.
    Much.
    Faster.

Events that used to make my game shudder to a halt I now barely notice.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited February 2011
    Well I went to all steps until make a new file and opening it up but it says that windows cannot open file and it says I need the correct program to open it so can anyone help me I really want full clubs and I have a vista if that helps with something so plz help.
  • Eden777Eden777 Posts: 1,263 Member
    edited February 2011
    I tried this and it seems to be working fine. Thanks.
    edited February 2011
    Well I found out what to do and its working perfectly did create a bit of lag but it might have nothing to do with the changing of those things but anyway it is now perfect.
  • katyshewankatyshewan Posts: 2,717 New Member
    edited February 2011
    wow thanks *fingerscrossed* that my laptop wont hate me for doing this :lol:
    loading up my game right now, going to go clubbing and see if i can find some simmys! :mrgreen:
  • katyshewankatyshewan Posts: 2,717 New Member
    edited February 2011
    redique wrote:
    Well I went to all steps until make a new file and opening it up but it says that windows cannot open file and it says I need the correct program to open it so can anyone help me I really want full clubs and I have a vista if that helps with something so plz help.

i got that to! well im windows 7 and i used notepad, i figured that would be the simplest way, checking if it worked right now :)
  • Diamond0PirateDiamond0Pirate Posts: 61 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Just tried this, but it seems to totally mess my options up. My Map view blanks out, it runs fine zoomed in, but the entire graphic options menu is at minimum and the changes wont save.
  • Eden777Eden777 Posts: 1,263 Member
    edited February 2011

I tried this too and I think my game seems to run faster and smoother. Not so many lags.

So I enlisted the help of my other half, who's a programmer, and we jumped back into GraphicsRules.sgr and dug around a bit trying to find the right setting to tweak to fix this, and make the game take better advantage of the processing power my machine actually has.

A bit below the "seti cpuLevel____" lines that were to be changed according to OP's instructions, there's another set that looks like this:
    seti threadLevelHigh 3
    seti threadLevelMedium 2
    seti threadLevelLow 1

We changed it to this:
    seti threadLevelHigh 3
    seti threadLevelMedium 3
    seti threadLevelLow 3

So.
    Much.
    Faster.

Events that used to make my game shudder to a halt I now barely notice.