Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to Fool Your Game Into Giving You Full Clubs

Comments

• Options
    KrisBKrisB Posts: 115
    edited December 2010
    KrisB wrote:
    why is my mapview all black and I just see the tags do I need to change something on the graphics? ;-))
    everything was good had lots of sims in the bars but mapview was black.
    *Sigh* :cry: Ok so I uninstalled Late night then reinstalled it, then I went through the whole thing again , and it did nothing ,it wouldnt take I did this several times, please tell me I don't have to uninstall all the sims 3 game and expansions to have this work again. Wow Where is that Patch ugggh :x
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited December 2010
    sereia8 wrote:
    I just want to add to this thread that anyone who did not do this right or knew their computers could not handle it, you were given a disclaimer in the first post. Read before you try and actually try to follow directions. Most people who did this have great results. The others did not notice a difference OR they did not follow directions and messed up their computers. Tought tittay.

??tittay?????? *** lmfaoooo mannn
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    sereia8sereia8 Posts: 2,333 New Member
    edited December 2010
    alexandrea wrote:

You never heard that nursery rhyme from your peers growing up as a kid? Lol.
  • Options
    DarmbaggieDarmbaggie Posts: 189 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Once again Neverent, thank you so much for this guide!

I'm having a problem getting started. I went into the bin folder and copied everything (I hit ctrl A and then right clicked copy). I then created the text only document on my desktop and renamed it GraphicsRules.sgr. When I open it and right click, I have no option to paste the contents from my bin folder. Probably a simple error on my part.

Any suggestions?
  • Options
    NeverentNeverent Posts: 478 Member
    edited December 2010
    Darmbaggie wrote:

I'm having a problem getting started. I went into the bin folder and copied everything (I hit ctrl A and then right clicked copy). I then created the text only document on my desktop and renamed it GraphicsRules.sgr. When I open it and right click, I have no option to paste the contents from my bin folder. Probably a simple error on my part.

Any suggestions?

I'm not sure why it wouldn't give you the option, but you can try ctrl+v to paste it. That's what I always use (ctrl+c is copy, if you're wondering).
  • Options
    raqjaqraqjaq Posts: 86
    edited December 2010
    Neverent you are a star!! Thank you so much for this guide. I don't have a clue when it comes to computers but I managed to work my way through your guide and now have lots of Sims in my clubs. Also thanks for explaining about the CPU rating, I have an I7 processor which had been given a rating of 1. It's always nice to understand what is causing a problem. Thanks again.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited December 2010
    sereia8 wrote:
    alexandrea wrote:

You never heard that nursery rhyme from your peers growing up as a kid? Lol.

noo not really lmfaooo off topic but : i see you on almost every forum :]
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited December 2010
    Through a long and nerve-wracking process, I reinstalled my graphics driver which solved my issue with Sims. I no longer get the unrecognised graphics card message! (Yay)

So, I am going to retry this process. I think I may have found the problem. The first time I tried, I created the text file on my desktop, and named it GraphicsRules.sgr , however I was never prompted about the extension like .sgr. So, I noticed this when I created a new graphicsrules.sgr tonight. It still thinks it's a .txt file. I checked it's properties and it says "GraphicsRules.sgr.txt"

How do I REALLY switch it over?

I have another question about the future too. When I am installing a new EP, SP, or a patch, should I temporarily put back the old GraphicsRules.sgr (which I'm keeping on hand now) into the game's files? Then create a NEW graphicsrules file once the EP/SP/update is installed?

EDIT: I figured out how to make it an .sgr file. I saved a copy of the old GraphicsRules, then replaced it with the new one! All good! The game runs better than before!

I have another question though, Right now I have my values set to 4,4,4,3. Is the game only running off the 3? As in will the clubs only have about 12 sims because I left a 3?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Neverent wrote:
    Darmbaggie wrote:

Any suggestions?

I'm not sure why it wouldn't give you the option, but you can try ctrl+v to paste it. That's what I always use (ctrl+c is copy, if you're wondering).

I think there is a misunderstanding here. When in the Bin folder, don't you go into GraphicsRules and THEN copy everything THERE? Not everything in the Bin folder, because obviously it won't be pasted into a text file.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Kolby wrote:
    Neverent wrote:
    Darmbaggie wrote:

Any suggestions?

I think there is a misunderstanding here. When in the Bin folder, don't you go into GraphicsRules and THEN copy everything THERE? Not everything in the Bin folder, because obviously it won't be pasted into a text file.

You are right. The idea of his problem being that he's trying to copy files never even crossed my mind... since it fundamentally makes no sense.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Well, my issues are all resolved and my clubs are totally hopping now! As well as other improvements I have noticed since the adjustment.

I have all the values set to 4,4,4,4. I ended up placing the original GraphicsRules back in the LN folder, then making a NEW one again but this time keeping them all at 4's. It's awesome.

I also plan to put the original back in the LN folder each time there is a new EP, SP, or an update just to be safe, then create a new GR.sgr.

Thanks Neverent, very much! I love my game now and I'm so glad it is working right. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Kolby wrote:
    Well, my issues are all resolved and my clubs are totally hopping now! As well as other improvements I have noticed since the adjustment.

I have all the values set to 4,4,4,4. I ended up placing the original GraphicsRules back in the LN folder, then making a NEW one again but this time keeping them all at 4's. It's awesome.

I also plan to put the original back in the LN folder each time there is a new EP, SP, or an update just to be safe, then create a new GR.sgr.

Thanks Neverent, very much! I love my game now and I'm so glad it is working right. :D

I'm very glad it's working so well for you :)
  • Options
    devonni92devonni92 Posts: 164 New Member
    edited December 2010
    It won't let me open the file to change it. It asks right away if I want to overwrite it.

Any ideas?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    devonni92 wrote:
    It won't let me open the file to change it. It asks right away if I want to overwrite it.

Any ideas?

So that I can help, let me clear this up: When you double click on your GraphicsRules.srg file, it doesn't open it up. Instead it immediately asks if you want to overwrite it? If so, that's bizarre.

If you CAN open it but can not save it, that makes more sense and I can help with that. But if it won't let you even open it up, that's strange.

P.S. are you on a mac?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Kolby wrote:
    Through a long and nerve-wracking process, I reinstalled my graphics driver which solved my issue with Sims. I no longer get the unrecognised graphics card message! (Yay)

So, I am going to retry this process. I think I may have found the problem. The first time I tried, I created the text file on my desktop, and named it GraphicsRules.sgr , however I was never prompted about the extension like .sgr. So, I noticed this when I created a new graphicsrules.sgr tonight. It still thinks it's a .txt file. I checked it's properties and it says "GraphicsRules.sgr.txt"

How do I REALLY switch it over?

I have another question about the future too. When I am installing a new EP, SP, or a patch, should I temporarily put back the old GraphicsRules.sgr (which I'm keeping on hand now) into the game's files? Then create a NEW graphicsrules file once the EP/SP/update is installed?

EDIT: I figured out how to make it an .sgr file. I saved a copy of the old GraphicsRules, then replaced it with the new one! All good! The game runs better than before!

I have another question though, Right now I have my values set to 4,4,4,3. Is the game only running off the 3? As in will the clubs only have about 12 sims because I left a 3?

It should not have two extensions. It should just be GraphicsRules.sgr. Your new one should be that, and you should drag it to where the original is and agree to overwrite it.

I know you've done this, but I'm just saying this in case others wind up in your situation.

Patches and expansions will simply overwrite the .sgr - you don't HAVE to move it out and put the original in. Though I would make sure you have a backup to overwrite the one that patch puts in there.

As for your other question, the 4443 thing: What that means is you have the lowest setting (what would normally be rated a 1) set to a 3. If your card was rated a 1 before, it'll now be rated a 3. The other ratings are all 4s, so if you were rated a 2, 3, or 4 before, now you'll be rated a 4.

Does that make sense?

So if you were a 1 before, then yes, you're telling the game to use a rating of 3 instead, and will be limited to less than 20 max sims. If your computer seems to handle it fine, I'd switch to a 4 for every option. That is, 4444.

Sorry for answering you so late, I missed your post until now :(
  • Options
    devonni92devonni92 Posts: 164 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Neverent wrote:
    devonni92 wrote:

Any ideas?

So that I can help, let me clear this up: When you double click on your GraphicsRules.srg file, it doesn't open it up. Instead it immediately asks if you want to overwrite it? If so, that's bizarre.

If you CAN open it but can not save it, that makes more sense and I can help with that. But if it won't let you even open it up, that's strange.

P.S. are you on a mac?

It was the first one, I had no idea what to do.
    So I did a little improvising and now it works! Thank you so much :)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    devonni92 wrote:
    Neverent wrote:
    devonni92 wrote:

Any ideas?

P.S. are you on a mac?

It was the first one, I had no idea what to do.
    So I did a little improvising and now it works! Thank you so much :)

I don't know what you did, but I'm glad it worked out ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    This is the first and only bump I'll give this topic.

I just want to do it one last time in case it helps someone.

Happy simming!
  • Options
    FilipeSimPlayerFilipeSimPlayer Posts: 3
    edited December 2010
    My computer has a Radeon 2400HD, 4 gb ram and intel core 2 duo processor... do you think it´s going to be harmful to the game?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    My computer has a Radeon 2400HD, 4 gb ram and intel core 2 duo processor... do you think it´s going to be harmful to the game?

Your graphics card isn't that great, but the GPU isn't highly implicated in this so it shouldn't matter much; I don't know about your processor because all you've told me is that it's a dual core which can vary wildly.

Could you please go into start->run-> type "dxdiag" and open that and tell me what it says about your processor?
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Have you resolved this yet? I mean, have you tried it with your hardware?
  • Options
    simsworldrocks88simsworldrocks88 Posts: 18
    edited December 2010
    does this apply to macs? If it does, can you use some mac terms just to give me an idea of what to do (not like a full rewrite, just a little guide if possible). I am so sick of having a sim with a boring night life.
  • Options
    superSIMFANsuperSIMFAN Posts: 30 New Member
    edited December 2010
    HeY i got and issue is different to the others that you put in this blog i hope you can help me. the issue is that when i go to a hot spot especially to that one that is in front of the Scients lab my sims arrive an i put him to dance an when the other sims start to show up to the club they enter to the club but then just leave they just pass the entrance and leave :!: i don't understand that.

i'm asking to you this because i think that you are the only one that i see that is intellingent about this. i hope you really help me.
    (sorry if i write something wrong im from colombia)
  • Options
    Stephster99Stephster99 Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    Just a warning: I tried this and it messed up all my graphics. Everything was really fuzzy and I couldn't see my town when i would zoom out. Sooooo yeahh. I hope they come out with a patch to fix it..otherwise this game will get boring really fast:(
  • Options
    hungryhippo724hungryhippo724 Posts: 65
    edited December 2010
    I got to hand it to you, this is excellent. I had a strong feeling that the performance level of your computer determined the amount of Sims entering a club.

This is very helpful for those who don't have high-end computers. :?

Thanks to this, I was able to help my friends' games into getting more Sims into nightclubs. I cannot thank you enough! :D