Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to Fool Your Game Into Giving You Full Clubs

Comments

• DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited December 2010
    Neverent wrote:
    Druscylla wrote:
    Here is a silly question but I am curious. I sync my Documents/EA folder between my desktop and laptop and the DeviceConfig file is saved from my desktop so it doesn't display my laptop info. BUT if I fire up Sims 3 on the laptop or delete that file and then play, will it replace it with the laptop's version? I am guessing it will but I haven't ever tried it before.

If it's synced, it's likely it will replace it. After you make the new file, if you go to it's properties and check "read-only", it should prevent it from being overwritten.

Thanks. I am just curious what my laptop is scored at - mainly because its not a good gaming computer and I just wanted to know how bad it was xD I don't want to make that one have more sims per lot, because it would very likely explode, but my desktop already can get up to 15 with a CPU rating of 2 and everything else maxed, so I don't think 5 more sims will cause too much more stress. (I need to just figure out what kind of replacement processor I should get for this thing :P)
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited December 2010
    I think I made a boo.boo... I loaded up my game after switching the GraphicsRules.sgr with the new one, and it said I had an unrecognised graphics card. I checked all my graphical settings, and they were all set to 1! The lowest possible for each. I quit, checked my DeviceConfig, and it's totally empty! I must have erased it all by accident.

I don't have time to fix it now, but I will see what I can do tonight. Any advice?
  • SulkySim66SulkySim66 Posts: 361 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Great guide! It's really easy to follow. :D

Unfortunatly, for me, it caused some major lag and I didn't really experience increased attendance at my clubs. I tested it in Bridgeport at the nightly "hotspot". I got 5 sims including mine.

I might try changing it to all 3's instead of 4's and to see if that takes care of the lag.
  • sereia8sereia8 Posts: 2,333 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Hi :)

I just wanted to post real quick that this worked beautifully for me :D

I made the lowest setting at 3 since I thought 4 might be a little extreme for my hardware. Now my club (at least the first one I am at and only one I've tried yet) is full of Sims and more keep coming in. I also think it's pretty cool that I see Sims out in my community for once at night. They used to be a rare find sorta. I've experienced a little lag on the ride over to the club but no lag inside the club so it's bearable. :)

Thankyou!!!
  • rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    edited December 2010
    You are made up of awesome.

Knowledgeable, and a very good explainer/trainer.

As I said. Made up entirely of awesome.
  • SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I have just done it, I am starting Sims 3 now!
    Fingers crossed, the most people on my lots were two at a time!
  • NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited December 2010
    wow. Thanks alot for this Neverent!
    edited December 2010
    Sorry, it didnt work :(
    I tried 4,4,4,4 showed brideport just a white blanket, immediately crashed.
    Did the same with 3,3,3,3 and 2,2,2,2 and still didnt work.

I didnt try 1,1,1,1 because it would probably be the same.
    I got a comp that was supposed to be for gaming, but this doesnt seem to have worked.

Any suggestions?
    edited December 2010
    Sorry for the obsessive posting, but the whole game has BLANKED now. It loads, I can create a sim, everything else is white.

I swear I did everything right. You gotta help me, uninstalling is my last resort.
    PLEASE
  • rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    edited December 2010
    did you save off the original?

If so, did you replace it again after the failed experiment?
  • NeverentNeverent Posts: 478 Member
    edited December 2010
    Kolby wrote:
    I think I made a boo.boo... I loaded up my game after switching the GraphicsRules.sgr with the new one, and it said I had an unrecognised graphics card. I checked all my graphical settings, and they were all set to 1! The lowest possible for each. I quit, checked my DeviceConfig, and it's totally empty! I must have erased it all by accident.

I don't have time to fix it now, but I will see what I can do tonight. Any advice?

Aye, you screwed something up. I had this exact problem the first time I tried this. What I did the firs time was delete the old GraphicsRules.sgr before simply moving the new one in. This apparently doesn't work. You have to REPLACE the old one with the new one.

Apparently deleting the old one before moving the new one in causes the game to simply not recognize the new one. Therefore when it refers to the "manual" to determine what to set your graphics card to, it can't find it.

To fix it you need to uninstall latenight and reinstall it. Then try this process again, but this time REPLACING the file. Deleting it and moving the new one in doesn't work.

If you did replace the file, then I'm not sure why it's not working. I've done this and so have other people in this thread and it worked. I don't know what to say except to reinstall Late Night and try again -- then if it still doesn't work, you just may not be able to do it. Reinstall again after that and simply don't try again :P Your computer may just have some different setting or something that I'm not seeing.

::EDIT:: Did you make sure to turn file extensions on? I explained that before step 1. If you didn't, then the file you're making to replace the original isn't the right file. You need to turn on file extensions so that when you rename it, it changes the file from a .txt (notepad document) to a .sgr (file the Sims uses for things).

If you have not enabled file extensions, you're basically overwriting the original file with a defunct version -- that would cause this exact problem you're having. Basically, the sims will look in the folder, try to read the defunct version you put in there, it'll be unable to read it, and it'll just set everything to 1. Turning on file extensions and renaming your file to GraphicsRules.sgr will fix it.
    Sorry, it didnt work :(
    I tried 4,4,4,4 showed brideport just a white blanket, immediately crashed.
    Did the same with 3,3,3,3 and 2,2,2,2 and still didnt work.

I didnt try 1,1,1,1 because it would probably be the same.
    I got a comp that was supposed to be for gaming, but this doesnt seem to have worked.

Any suggestions?

Nothing about this guide should cause anything like that; I'm not sure what you did O.o

As per the guide, you should have at least made a backup copy of the original file, just in case you did something wrong, so you could replace your new (screwed up) version with the original -- then TADA! Everything's back to normal.

I hope you did :/
    rebekah512 wrote:
    You are made up of awesome.

Knowledgeable, and a very good explainer/trainer.

As I said. Made up entirely of awesome.
    NezImani wrote:
    wow. Thanks alot for this Neverent!

Thanks for all the praise! :oops:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • phantasyemotionsphantasyemotions Posts: 277 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Your instructions were so clear and dummyproof! Thank you so much for all the detail! I just altered the coding and am about to try it out. I'll let you know if it works.
    edited December 2010
    Your instructions were so clear and dummyproof! Thank you so much for all the detail! I just altered the coding and am about to try it out. I'll let you know if it works.

I'm crossing my fingers for you :)

I WILL say that other's have followed it and their games have not died. If your game "dies", you did something wrong :P Just revert back to the original file if something goes wrong.
  • phantasyemotionsphantasyemotions Posts: 277 New Member
    edited December 2010

It works!!!!!!
  • OreilleeOreillee Posts: 51
    edited December 2010
    How convenient that I already have a delicious sandwich. I already have a few of the steps done.

I will be trying it, and every step is saved on my computer.
    Thank you so very much, I cannot say how grateful I shall be if my computer allows this to work. ^^
  • immskayleahimmskayleah Posts: 1,818 Member
    edited December 2010
    Neverent I just tried your fix for my neice on her PC and I'm happy to report that the results are phenomenal. There's a world of difference in the club crowds. Now her "hopping" clubs are "hopping"! Thanks so much. Your directions were clear, detailed and oh so easy to follow!
    :mrgreen:
  • AlexurtAlexurt Posts: 3,807 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Wow! I never had a big issue with empty clubs..but this...is...just...amazing Neverent! What a significant difference this has made to the clubs :shock:

Thank you very much! :-)
    edited December 2010
    I'm beyond elated that it's working so well for everyone :)

Just remember to not only save a backup of the original GraphicsRules.sgr, but also the new and improved one; a patch will cause the new ones to be changed back. If the patch doesn't fix the problem, and you need to do all of this over again, you'll be happy you made a backup of it.
  • StrawberryBasketStrawberryBasket Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited December 2010
    I'm trying this out right now. Hope I didn't bork something. *Crosses fingers*
  • OreilleeOreillee Posts: 51
    edited December 2010
    Just reporting back that all is well.
    There were sims already there when she got there and they just kept showing up!
    It was amazing. <3

Thank you so very much. ^^
  • sereia8sereia8 Posts: 2,333 New Member
    edited December 2010
    It worked for me.

Now if there was only some way to make Sims show up to clubs in actual formal wear and not their greasy work clothes from tossing around meat all day at the bistro. :roll:

:P
    edited December 2010
    sereia8 wrote:
    It worked for me.

Now if there was only some way to make Sims show up to clubs in actual formal wear and not their greasy work clothes from tossing around meat all day at the bistro. :roll:

:P

Haha, there's a mod that does this, I believe. It's a mod that makes all sims change out of their work clothes when they get home.
    edited December 2010
    Neverent wrote:
    Kolby wrote:

Aye, you screwed something up. I had this exact problem the first time I tried this. What I did the firs time was delete the old GraphicsRules.sgr before simply moving the new one in. This apparently doesn't work. You have to REPLACE the old one with the new one.

Apparently deleting the old one before moving the new one in causes the game to simply not recognize the new one. Therefore when it refers to the "manual" to determine what to set your graphics card to, it can't find it.

To fix it you need to uninstall latenight and reinstall it. Then try this process again, but this time REPLACING the file. Deleting it and moving the new one in doesn't work.

If you did replace the file, then I'm not sure why it's not working. I've done this and so have other people in this thread and it worked. I don't know what to say except to reinstall Late Night and try again -- then if it still doesn't work, you just may not be able to do it. Reinstall again after that and simply don't try again :P Your computer may just have some different setting or something that I'm not seeing.

::EDIT:: Did you make sure to turn file extensions on? I explained that before step 1. If you didn't, then the file you're making to replace the original isn't the right file. You need to turn on file extensions so that when you rename it, it changes the file from a .txt (notepad document) to a .sgr (file the Sims uses for things).

If you have not enabled file extensions, you're basically overwriting the original file with a defunct version -- that would cause this exact problem you're having. Basically, the sims will look in the folder, try to read the defunct version you put in there, it'll be unable to read it, and it'll just set everything to 1. Turning on file extensions and renaming your file to GraphicsRules.sgr will fix it.

I deleted the old GraphicsRules.sgr before putting in the new one. That's what I did wrong... *face palm*

I guess I will start uninstalling / reinstalling Late Night. Thanks again!
    edited December 2010
    I need help! I uninstalled ALL of my Sims 3 games in the right order. I did some cleaning, (Disk Cleanup, Defrag) and then I reinstalled Sims 3. Everything was fine until it was done installing, I checked my documents and there was no Electronic Arts folder. :?

So.. I loaded up the game to see if that would generate the folder (which it did) however, when I got to the main screen after it loaded, I got the notification "We did not find your graphics card" or whatever. The same one that popped up before, when I messed up on the CPU adjusting. I went into Options and moved all my graphical options to the highest settings (except high-detailed lots). I exited the game, checked for the EA folder in my documents. (It did show up). Deleted the caches, reloaded the game. No message. Opened a new Sunset Valley, played the tutorial, saved, Main Menu, deleted the save, quit, deleted the caches again. I checked the DeviceConfig and it has my graphics card listed, but it says 0.
    Here is what is says:
    === Graphics device info ===
    Number: 0
    Name (driver): ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730
    Name (database): ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 [Found: 0, Matched: 0]
    Vendor: ATI
    Chipset: Vendor: 1002, Device: 68c0, Board: 02****28, Chipset: 0000
    Driver: atiu9pag.dll, Version: 8.14.1.6091, GUID: D7B71EE2-2B80-11CF-5364-FF22A1C2C535
    Driver version: 6091
    Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
    Texture memory: 4080MB
    Vertex program: 3.0
    Pixel program: 3.0
    Hardware TnL: 1

Something is not right. Why is it still messed up? I want to uninstall again because I know it can't be right.

EDIT: Could it be that I should uninstall EADM as well? Then get the new one once I uninstall + reinstall Sims 3?
  • guitarangelguitarangel Posts: 167 Member
    edited December 2010
    Well as a computer nerd myself. I did everything like you said and my Sims are still not showing up in the clubs. Maybe a couple here and there. I have it set to 4,4,4,4 and everything is the same. There are no sims stuck anywhere and my game is running normal. So this was a flop for me. I put my settings high cause I have a high performance gaming card that I put in my computer when I built it so this was a let down for me. But I am glad it is working for most other simmers. :?