Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late Night Bugs - Compiled List in first two posts

Comments

• ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited May 2011
    The first bug in GENERATIONS is out already. :lol:

The phone in the Registartion bundle is suppose to be a functioning phone. It's not. It's missing the reciever and can't be used as a phone.
  • symgyrlsymgyrl Posts: 2 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I keep having problems with all sims in a neighborhood eventually going and remaining on ONE LOT (except the active household). I have tried everything to prevent sims for continually going and standing around on the same lot. NOTHING WORKS. This glitch brings gameplay to a cccccrrrrrraaaaaawwwwwwlllllll. PLEASE FIX. I cannot stand to play the game when this happens.
  • ASHATKA123ASHATKA123 Posts: 1,307
    edited May 2011
    I don't have bugs :?
  • ShinyknightShinyknight Posts: 26 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Banzai Lounge has no bartenders any more. When I started NL, there was one bartender, but the other bar was not staffed. Last two times I went to Banzai for an opportunity, there were no bartenders at all... or people. The pathing was so bad I could only get my Sim there by manually using each staircase.

I bulldozed and replaced it, and will see if that helps - if it doesn't I'll try editing the place.
  • rebekahtownsendrebekahtownsend Posts: 2
    edited May 2011
    glitches which have cropped of all of sudden after a lot of playing:

My sims going to work and then standing outside the work building stuck and non responsive to me forcing them to go to work and the employment panel stating they are 'missing work'. And then they're stuck there even after shift/work has ended for the day.

Going to work and them immediately teleporting back to the lot as soon as they reach work.

Doing something else like turning the tv on and supposedly watching tv, while making drinks at their bar at home - a little nuts considering the tv is upstairs.

One of my sims is physically on their lot, but is also inside one of the community lots in bridgeport - huh!

These are a few of the glitches which appeared after a carefree game of playing and advancing my sims to the top of their careers and storyline. Do glitches suddenly appear when the sims have advanced dramatically through the game?

Would appreciate advice and anyone else experienced their sims suddenly going crazy after several (SEVERAL) hours of playing?
  • iLLyNadaiLLyNada Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    When I try the get married option for one of my sims, it happens however, once I try to move the other sim to my active household, it gets stuck on processing. This had never happened before until I installed late night. I even tried to see if it was because of the venue I chose for the wedding party by trying to merge that sim from the other household to mine, but the same problem exists. Help?
  • tammi222tammi222 Posts: 478 Member
    edited May 2011
    I don't know if this is a known glitch or not but since I got LN I've been getting a glitch were suddenly my sims mood goes down and it is impossible to get back up even through all the moodlets are good. It's been happening alot aprox 12 of my sims have experienced this.

Btw this is some of the information:

- What OS are you on? PC.
    - Do you use any mods or cc? I have CC but it has been happening since before I started using them.
    - If you have any mods by Twallan, they have been updated? Don't use them
    - Post some basic info like RAM, CPU and Graphic Card. Not interested in any DxDIAG. Do not know how to read them? Yea sorry don't actually understand what that is sorry.
    "I never like to do anything quiet if I can help it. Swords for everyone!"
    tumblr_mtugnbGcVr1rlg2wpo1_400.gif
  • TateSaundersTateSaunders Posts: 997 New Member
    edited May 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    The first bug in GENERATIONS is out already. :lol:

The phone in the Registartion bundle is suppose to be a functioning phone. It's not. It's missing the reciever and can't be used as a phone.

They normally release an update the weekend before the EP, or the day of its release with the fix. So we will probably get it then. Also I do not believe the registration gift is buggy. Why did you DL if you do not have Generations? The phone was made for that bundle, and the new EP has certain services like new parties and Private school, which ours dont. Of course it wont work. I would not expect it to work without the EP. The bundle will also probably work with the new upsate which has not been released yet either.

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2011
    Hi guys,

have not been reading here and won't be maintaining this thread anymore. I do plan to make a brand new one on the weekend in the Generations forum.

Not sure how to do it yet but I will be maintaining that the first week of the EPs release. On June 8th I'm leaving for vacation and I probably won't have access to the Internet at all (or not often) but I will try to get back in the game when I get back around the 20th.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited May 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    Hi guys,

have not been reading here and won't be maintaining this thread anymore. I do plan to make a brand new one on the weekend in the Generations forum.

Not sure how to do it yet but I will be maintaining that the first week of the EPs release. On June 8th I'm leaving for vacation and I probably won't have access to the Internet at all (or not often) but I will try to get back in the game when I get back around the 20th.
    Have a fun Vacation!

Looking forward to the new Bug Thread in Generation! (Especially to see what old bugs are still hold-overs from the previous packs like the WA Excavation Bug.)
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2011
    Generations Bug thread can be found here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/377927.page
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• orangeOrborangeOrb Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2011
    whenever i zoom into the buildings in bridgeport in a recent game (i have all expansion packs) they fade away and i can't interect with them. incredibly annoying.
  • Mfaw81PMfaw81P Posts: 114 Member
    edited June 2011
    I dont know if this was occuring before the genereations expanision or not, but I hired 3 butlers into 3 different homes, and when I go to play different homes within the same town, I will get notifications that the butlers in other homes are taking thier paychecks.

Also, when i return to the homes that employ butlers, the house will be an absolute disastor. Every sink that hasn't been made unbreakable will be broken and leaking all of the floors, and dishes will have not been done for obviously forever. The bulter of course will seem to have kept up on the cooking, but he will not have cleaned or fixed anything- which is what he does when the household is active. If sims could still die by flies, these sims would be dead.

As soon as I'm in the house with the butler though, he will begin doing dishes after the sinks are repaired, and he will begin cleaning. But after he's done I fire him. I dont like returning to a messy house. They are nice to have when I'm laying the house though. Very good cooks...

I uploaded pictures using the new uploading thingy that came with generations, but I dont know how to attach them.
  • BaibeniBaibeni Posts: 3
    edited June 2011
    I would appreciate if anyone could help me with a glitch I am having with an elevator in my game. I have all the expansion packs but not generations, (WA, Amb, and LN) and I created a house (not an apartment) and i put an elevator in the basement that goes down into a second basement floor. but every time i try to put the elevator there, the walls around it turn black and i cant recolor it.
  • jak1234jak1234 Posts: 46
    edited June 2011
    I got a problem. When i installed The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack it was awright. It asked me to update my EA download manager to version 6.000.0.0 or something like that. Then it asked me to remove it and replace it with Origin. I was like "Okay then..." I downloaded Origin. I started the game and then a error popped up. It sad my The Sims 3 base game isnt compatiable or something like that with The Sims 3 Late Night. When i launched i got the same error! DANG!!! I cant run my game! And if i de-install my expansion pack i could damage other Sims3 games! Help!

P.S: I got no mods or CC-s.

P.P.S: My launcher version is: 6.5.1.011031 ( the latest version)

Sorry im not english. I wrote some things wrong :oops:
  • jak1234jak1234 Posts: 46
    edited June 2011
    PS: I have Sims Medieval installed. Does that make the problem?
  • CrzydramaqueenCrzydramaqueen Posts: 632 Member
    edited July 2011
    My vampire sim is an adult, but still seems to learn skills really really quickly. Actually, he cured himself, but still has the benefit. His portrait is also still a vampire...
    cropped-vampiresig-e1486927472938.jpg
  • LisaNomiLuLisaNomiLu Posts: 171 Member
    edited July 2011
    I sudanly can't play any household. It just loads and ends up in town view. And nothing is clickable, and I can't even exit the game. Never happened to me before.
  • jm417jm417 Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    I ran into an odd glitch this week. I am playing TS3 with Ambitions, World Adventures, and Late Night, very few custom items (most are from EA). I am playing a 2 person household in bridgeport. I made one of the characters and moved him in, then when I had enough points, I added a simbot. After a few in game weeks, I went on a vacation to china, when I came back everything was normal, I saved the game and quit. The next time I loaded my game, there was an empty character box where the simbot was, I couldn't click it to change characters, and after searching for him for 20 minutes, I found him stuck on a community lot. I could not use the reset sim code. It didn't do anything. eventually, I gave up and quit the game. Then today I started LN up again, and both little boxes where the characters' faces would be were gone, but I could still play my main character. I'm at a loss as to how this happened. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, when I loaded it today, the simbot had a new name, and I could use reset sim. And I tried to evict my household in edit town and it got stuck on the processing screen. Don't know what is wrong with it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited July 2011
    Crinrict,

You have vampires having no teeth as one of the bugs involving vampires. I'm encountering a similar problem. My vampires have regular teeth, instead of the fangs they are supposed to have. Even the ones created by EA don't have fangs anymore in my game. I don't know how to solve it other than to unlock the fangs in CAS, and than make them go back to be reedited. I hope EA fixes this problem in the next patch.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited July 2011
    Crinrict,

By the way, over at the thread I created on the subject, Darkslayer found a work around for the vampires without fangs bug. Its simple really you just have to enter the "Unlock Outfits True" cheat and then edit the vampires with the styling station. Fangs are found under accessories. However you will not be able to edit them in CAS after they become vampires. So if you want to give them their fangs back and you don't have Ambitions installed, you're going to have to try giving them fangs before they become vampires, or make them normal sims and give them fangs and than make them vampires again. I haven't tried either of those options. But the first one works fine.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/406271.page
  • ItzmeeItzmee Posts: 2,729 Member
    edited July 2011
    Please Read!

Can anyone please help me! I have two really annoying bugs and I'm just beginning to get fed up with the game.

Bug One - The Annoying Bug
    At 12.00 (Midday), my Sims just freeze. It happens on a particular day every week. I saved my family to my library and moved them into a new city. I thought the bug had disappeared but no! The same thing happened but on a different day! And it recurred the next week. The 'resetsim ________ ________' cheat does work but I find it really annoying. Does anyone know how to totally get rid of this bug? Has anyone had it?

Bug Two - The Far-Too-Often Bug
    This bug commonly happens at community lots although it has happened at residential lots before. Whenever my Sims drive to a lot and arrive, they walk out and their car sits on the road. It just sits there! Even if there are car spaces available, it sits on the road! It annoys me because my Sim doesn't realise it's there and uses another car sitting at their home. Therefore, the car they originally used would be stuck on the road at a lot. I get frustrated at this because the only way I have figured out to stop this from happening is to start my game in a new city (after saving the family in my library). They then need to make new friends, get their job performance up etc. It's really frustrating!

I just wished EA would take the time to review their games a little harder or allowed for more time to create them well. I'm sure many others along with me would be fine with waiting maybe an extra month for a new expansion pack. As long as we're getting our money's worth. Please EA, get your act together...
  • strange8130strange8130 Posts: 4
    edited July 2011
    I've seen these bugs, when I go on vacation, for a couple days now:

1. When I go on vacation to China my game will freeze at around 10PM and freezes every half hour sim time until 7AM comes around...

2. When I buy things in the store in china (such as the board breaker, fortune cookie maker, and so on...) when I return home I don't have them. (yes i did check my family inventory)

3. When trying to catch a red assassin bug it appears on the large map but never comes out of the ground

Those three really seem to be the only problems I've noticed lately, besides some of the ones you have listed (mystery invention failure anyone?)
  • morphologiamorphologia Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I've ordered and cancelled multiple times. The repairman takes forever to arrive.

Mac OS 10.6.8, 8 gbs ram, 347 disk space available
  • AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited July 2011
    crinrict@ my sim was on the phone in her apartment and while on the phone walked straight through the wall and into next door neighbours apartment.When she finished her conversation on the phone she was stuck in the apartment.But the game had not registered she had gone in so it was still dark.
    I have no mods or cc
    Thank you for your time
    Anthono

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top