Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homework takes too long!

My sim is a teen, and he lives alone. He needs to have a part-time job to pay the bills and he works 5 days a week(!). When he comes home from school, it's straight off to work, when he comes home from work he has to do his homework..

The homework takes forever!! Why?? The poor sim gets almost no sleep, cause he needs to do something entertaining before he goes to bed, or else his mood is too low to do any cleaning, and then his mood is stuck in an evil circle.. I feel so sorry for the poor teens, they have no life besides school if they need to work!

Why did the creaters of the Sims3 deside that they need to sit for hours to do their homework, and work 5 times a week, it could have just been two or three.

I think so. What do you think:?:

Comments

• Options
    CrazyPlumbob915CrazyPlumbob915 Posts: 4,035 Member
    edited October 2010
    This is why I never give my teens part-time jobs. It's just... impossible. But how do you have a teen sim living on their own?
  • Options
    plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    edited October 2010
    I drowned hos "mother". Now he lives alone:P
  • Options
    SoloriusSolorius Posts: 119 New Member
    edited October 2010
    If you dont finish the homework in time before the teen has to go to school again you have the option to finish homework at school.
  • Options
    Goldfinger168Goldfinger168 Posts: 155 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Teens don't need to finish their homework to get an A in school. Don't be too perfectionist. ;)
    Just have them do 50% of their homework, and send them to school in a good mood and they will get there eventually.

Myself I often have them skip the homework entirely, and only make them socialize in school.

• Options
    Trufan1Trufan1 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited October 2010
    I like having a big family so unfortunately that means my teens have to have jobs as it gives me a little break lol.

I keep an apple or something in my teens inventory. And as soon as school lets out I cancel the bus ride and just have them start their homework right in front of the school. If someone is close enough to help with their homework then that's good too. This saves time as the ride home often wastes alot. If they can't finish because there job starts after school, atleast you got a head start. If your sim is hungry, have them eat the apple before you start. I fill up their fun a bit at work.

If you can, try getting them to the library after school as I'm pretty sure homework gets done faster their. :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Myself I often have them skip the homework entirely, and only make them socialize in school.

So they don't do their homework at all? But don't they have really bad grades when they do that?

My sim usually has to do the rest of his homework when he goes to school, but then he has no time to socialize. He has no time to hang out when he comes home from work.

I think they should fix so that the homework takes lot less time, and don't make their moods so low.. I know it's not fun to do homework, but it's not that much pain in the a** right.. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Trufan1 wrote:
    I keep an apple or something in my teens inventory. And as soon as school lets out I cancel the bus ride and just have them start their homework right in front of the school. If someone is close enough to help with their homework then that's good too. This saves time as the ride home often wastes alot. If they can't finish because there job starts after school, atleast you got a head start. If your sim is hungry, have them eat the apple before you start. I fill up their fun a bit at work.

If you can, try getting them to the library after school as I'm pretty sure homework gets done faster their. :-)

Thanks:) I sometimes make them do their homework at the school playground. But to finish it they're late for work..
    My teen sim is a painter, he could also make his money that way:)
  • Options
    Trufan1Trufan1 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited October 2010
    He probably makes more painting lol. Part time jobs don't pay much :lol:
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Trufan1 wrote:

Yes, that's probably true, but teens can also get a raise and get promoted;) But I don't think it's worth it when the teens don't have time to get a girl/boyfriend!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Trufan1 wrote:

Yes, that's probably true, but teens can also get a raise and get promoted;) But I don't think it's worth it when the teens don't have time to get a girl/boyfriend!
  • Options
    starling68starling68 Posts: 3,352 Member
    edited October 2010
    I agree with this completely. And this is why I do not get my teen sims part-time jobs. It's not like they pay much anyway.. :roll:
  • Options
    abigfan819abigfan819 Posts: 862 New Member
    edited October 2010
    My teen sims don`t even go to school but when they do most of the time none of them do homework only they smartical one do their homework And my sims most defiantly never work or get jobs they only work if i want them to go the pain of getting fired.
  • Options
    abigfan819abigfan819 Posts: 862 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Double post :x
  • Options
    CandiiSiCandiiSi Posts: 107
    edited April 2013
    plau wrote:

just saw this, love the idea xD evil
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hi :)

I don't make my teens or kids do their homework. Sometimes they do it on their own but if they don't.... once they get on the school bus I use the drop down option for them to do late homework.

There's still time to socialize in school after that (drop option changes). No bad moods, great grades- it's too easy. :)
  • Options
    morgandaniellexomorgandaniellexo Posts: 414 Member
    edited April 2013
    plau wrote:

Only on this forum can someone say this so nonchalantly.
    This is why I love the Sims, x3. :oops:
    svnb6p.jpg
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited April 2013
    One suggestion, which would mean you would have to use actual money on store content, is the Multitab. Anyway, I'm very happy I bought it. I always have my sim-children have one, and they do their homework with it really fast, and they also have fun while doing it.

But then, if you don't use cheats, I don't know if your teen could afford one in the game... I don't remember how much it costs, but I think it's pretty expensive.

Before I had the Multitab, I always had my sim-kids ask for someone to help them with their homework the couple of first times. That also seemed to make it faster for them to do it even alone later.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    vonHentzauvonHentzau Posts: 419 Member
    edited April 2013
    Yes, I've found for my teens that collecting rocks or fishing & gardening and selling them is more lucrative than a PT job.
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited April 2013
    If you have tab in your game get one of those and put it in his inventory. He will do hoemwork much quicker and it will raise fun at the same time.

If you have tab he should have one anyway! they are invaluable! Best $750 your sim will ever spend
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited April 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hi :)

I don't make my teens or kids do their homework. Sometimes they do it on their own but if they don't.... once they get on the school bus I use the drop down option for them to do late homework.

There's still time to socialize in school after that (drop option changes). No bad moods, great grades- it's too easy. :)

Yeah, that's the same thing I do. I generally don't give them jobs either.

The only time I will do homework is if there is a townie child I'm considering for a future spouse. Then I invite them over once or twice a week and do homework with them. So they won't get bad grades in school and have terrible traits.
  • Options
    MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited April 2013
    plau wrote:

Only on this forum can someone say this so nonchalantly.
    This is why I love the Sims, x3. :oops:

right??!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Creaky2005Creaky2005 Posts: 1,974 New Member
    edited April 2013
    They don't need to do complete homework. 50 percent is usually enough to not hurt their school performance. To help with school performance, doing 60 to 70 percent of it usually works well enough.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited April 2013
    Creaky2005 wrote:
    They don't need to do complete homework. 50 percent is usually enough to not hurt their school performance. To help with school performance, doing 60 to 70 percent of it usually works well enough.
    That's interesting to know! I have always made my kids do all their homework but of course with the Relativity Mod time was never an issue.
  • Options
    loileeloilee Posts: 614 Member
    edited April 2013
    Real-life homework takes too long, too. I've just finished doing mine and there's brain dribbling out my ears. :(
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited April 2013
    loilee wrote:
    Real-life homework takes too long, too. I've just finished doing mine and there's brain dribbling out my ears. :(
    Poor thing! I always get excited for my son when I pick him up and he tells me he has no homework for the night :D I don't remember doing so much homework when I was a kid, but of course that was in the Dark Ages ;)