Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caw FAQ's........Links to Tutorials, and Resources. Textures, & Troubleshooting

Comments

• LunarWolfTallyLunarWolfTally Posts: 235 Member
    Hey Shalua!

Good to see you again! I was worried some horrible fate befell you. :(

Your thread here got deleted a month or so ago when some unscrupulous hacker gained administrator entry to the forums, and deleted the front page of all the forums, all the threads were lost. I was able to copy your thread from TS3CC to post back here. We miss you at TS3CC, Meresimp keeps asking me if I've seen you about. :mrgreen: I hope you come back. :D

Pae40099,
    These are the steps I take once I've exported a world after the first time to check it in game.

1. I uninstall the previous version through the launcher first. If it's saying it is still installed, it should be in your installed content.

2. Open up Windows Explorer, go to:
    Documents/
    Electronic Arts/
    Sims 3/
    WorldCaches...............delete anything with your world name, then go to:
    Installed Worlds.............Do the same as above, go to:
    DCBackup....................Delete everything. You should do this once in awhile anyway, this file just keeps collecting stuff and grows to a huge size.

I've just exported, I open up windows explorer, go to:
    Documents/
    Electronic Arts/
    Sims 3/
    Exports

Your Worlds .sims3pack should be sitting right there. I double click on it, and it should install. You may have to manually drop it into your downloads folder and do it through the Launcher. Since Ambitions came out I've had to manually drop all my .sims3packs into the downloads folder.

This is what I do, if you've moved or deleted files, before uninstalling through the Launcher, that could be a problem. If you've already gone through all these steps, we may need some advice from someone more knowledgeable then myself.

If you've done all this, here are a few question you can answer so I know better what you've done so far;

1. Have you uploaded your world before to the exchange? You don't need to upload your world in order to test it out, also, you can only upload your world once to the Exchange, unless you extract and replace files with s3pe.
    2. Have you installed your world before to your PC?
    3. Exactly how did you uninstall it?
    4. Have you moved your DCCache file out, then started the game and it generated a new one?

x.x can't get it to work :(
    Click On The Picture To Visit My Studio
    Lycan%20Isle_zpscukae4ys.jpg
  • LunarWolfTallyLunarWolfTally Posts: 235 Member
    Hey Shalua!

Good to see you again! I was worried some horrible fate befell you. :(

Your thread here got deleted a month or so ago when some unscrupulous hacker gained administrator entry to the forums, and deleted the front page of all the forums, all the threads were lost. I was able to copy your thread from TS3CC to post back here. We miss you at TS3CC, Meresimp keeps asking me if I've seen you about. :mrgreen: I hope you come back. :D

Pae40099,
    These are the steps I take once I've exported a world after the first time to check it in game.

1. I uninstall the previous version through the launcher first. If it's saying it is still installed, it should be in your installed content.

2. Open up Windows Explorer, go to:
    Documents/
    Electronic Arts/
    Sims 3/
    WorldCaches...............delete anything with your world name, then go to:
    Installed Worlds.............Do the same as above, go to:
    DCBackup....................Delete everything. You should do this once in awhile anyway, this file just keeps collecting stuff and grows to a huge size.

I've just exported, I open up windows explorer, go to:
    Documents/
    Electronic Arts/
    Sims 3/
    Exports

Your Worlds .sims3pack should be sitting right there. I double click on it, and it should install. You may have to manually drop it into your downloads folder and do it through the Launcher. Since Ambitions came out I've had to manually drop all my .sims3packs into the downloads folder.

This is what I do, if you've moved or deleted files, before uninstalling through the Launcher, that could be a problem. If you've already gone through all these steps, we may need some advice from someone more knowledgeable then myself.

If you've done all this, here are a few question you can answer so I know better what you've done so far;

1. Have you uploaded your world before to the exchange? You don't need to upload your world in order to test it out, also, you can only upload your world once to the Exchange, unless you extract and replace files with s3pe.
    2. Have you installed your world before to your PC?
    3. Exactly how did you uninstall it?
    4. Have you moved your DCCache file out, then started the game and it generated a new one?

x.x can't get it to work :(

i made a new map and i was able to add it on my page :-), it doesn't have an homes or buildings, i'll let fellow simmers design it themselves

look on exchange for LunarWolfTally, i also have the buildings (stores and misc stuff for jobs)

Altamid- was an M-class planet located in the Necro Cloud nebula. It was once inhabited by an advanced, space-faring civilization, later called the Ancient Ones. Altamid was characterized by massive subterranean development with little-to-no life forms detectable from orbit.

The World I Made (With list of items that you can download from my page)

Altamid

Bell’s Barbell House, Bloom Institute of Wellness, Commonwealth Court
    Deja View Theatre, Eerie Park, Everglow Academy & Coliseum
    Fae Ray Gardens, 🐸🐸🐸🐸’s Landing, H Two the O Indoor Pool
    Hallowed Grounds Cemetery, La Shove Beach, Library of Lore & Vault of Antiquity
    Mind-Body Connection Bookstore & Spa, Moonlight Falls Historical Society & Museum
    Moonlight Point, Parking Lot, Playful Playground, Sam’s Market Diner
    Stone Troll Fishing Hole, That Old Fishing Hole, The Toadstool
    Van Gould Merchant House & Cafe
    Click On The Picture To Visit My Studio
    Lycan%20Isle_zpscukae4ys.jpg
  • DonutmaniaDonutmania Posts: 1 New Member
    it wont let me acess the caw it says it might corrupt files
  • earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,026 Member
    I have a question, I am doing a new thing in CAW so here it is:

UZ58MUX.jpg

I got 4 of these bridges connected to roads, passing over steep valleys. The area under these bridges in unroutable, so I worry that I would have trouble with crossing them. So, will I have trouble with these bridges? The roads connected to them aren't covered and I'm not sure if the unroutable area affects other usable objects that are not roads or lots. :/

Erasing those areas would cause other weird stuff to happen, like sims wandering off and getting stuck under them and I do not want that either.
    NK4koaX.png
  • RRArtieRRArtie Posts: 204 Member
    Donutmania wrote: »
    it wont let me acess the caw it says it might corrupt files

What does "it" mean?

I get a message from my virus scanner (Bitdefender) saying Create a Pattern might corrupt files and the virus scan tells me what files might be corrupted. The files are the Sims 3 files which I would expect to be changed. There is an option in the message to allow CAP to run and I click on it and everything is okay. You might be having the same situation.

If you give us more information about what the message says we might be able to help.

• flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited August 2016
    @earthgirl Take your world into the game and play test the bridge. have your sim go to either end of the bridge (just a bit away from it) and then click in the middle of the bridge and have them "go here" as they are running to that point click another point near the middle of the bridge and see if they will be able to go there as well. take the routing paint out from under the bridge it should be ok. I have a bridge like that in a world I have in my "to do" folder and it works fine.
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

@flstrider so routing paint under the bridge does affect the bridge? Thanks for letting me know.
    NK4koaX.png
    edited August 2016
    Sooo... I took my new world into the game to test the bridges and this happened.

So far so good when I told my sim to go to another point across the bridge, he crossed the bridge just fine. All of them seem to work and the bridge is connected to the roads on both sides so I find this glitch rather weird. There doesn't seem to be an issue with my other bridge that goes over a road.

EDIT: Hm. Just noticed the area under the bridge is unroutable. :/ If only there was a way to fix that and make it routable.
    Post edited by earthgirl on
    NK4koaX.png
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    I'm trying to make an ocean world and there is a terrain paint in game from Island paradise called ocean floor, and none of the texture packs for island paradise seem to have it. I also cannot find it with s3pe. I was wondering if anyone knows how to export this texture for use in CAW? Thank you.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • RRArtieRRArtie Posts: 204 Member
    Linamints wrote: »
    I'm trying to make an ocean world and there is a terrain paint in game from Island paradise called ocean floor, and none of the texture packs for island paradise seem to have it. I also cannot find it with s3pe. I was wondering if anyone knows how to export this texture for use in CAW? Thank you.

Go to first page of this thread and page down until you pass the tutorials and get to textures. It is the first one. @auntielynds got it for us.
    Hmm. I have this lot issue, more exactly a lighting issue with some lots and this one in particular bugs me:

0XLe3Rd.png

Is there a way to work around this one? I really want to keep this lot, since it's a nice belvedere lot.
    NK4koaX.png
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    earthgirl wrote: »
    Sooo... I took my new world into the game to test the bridges and this happened.

So far so good when I told my sim to go to another point across the bridge, he crossed the bridge just fine. All of them seem to work and the bridge is connected to the roads on both sides so I find this glitch rather weird. There doesn't seem to be an issue with my other bridge that goes over a road.

EDIT: Hm. Just noticed the area under the bridge is unroutable. :/ If only there was a way to fix that and make it routable.

Wow, that is bizarre! I have never seen anyone do an overpass like that! I always wondered if it is possible. I guess it sort of is but doesn't function correctly. Let us know if you find a workaround.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @earthgirl wrote: »

Wow, that is bizarre! I have never seen anyone do an overpass like that! I always wondered if it is possible. I guess it sort of is but doesn't function correctly. Let us know if you find a workaround.

No, it's nothing new. It's how it has to change roads with a bridge connection. :lol:
    I have it doing that in Dark Harbor, from years ago. :)
    Um, does anyone have a link to the edited resource.cfg file for CAW that allows custom objects to show up in the world? I know I had it before when I downloaded a custom bridge, but I can't seem to find it anymore and I forgot what the edit was.
    NK4koaX.png
    edited November 2016
    @earthgirl All I remembered, it was at modthesims- http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=481967
    Nevermind. I also found the thing here: http://simminginmagnificentstyle.blogspot.ro/2010/10/importing-packages-into-caw.html

Thanks, though. :)
    NK4koaX.png
  • DJMIXMASTERDJMIXMASTER Posts: 78 Member
    Hello
    I Need everyone's help PLEASE!!!!!!!
    Here is the situation , I created a beautiful world for the sims 3 . I have downloaded objects for CAW (create a world). In create a world I put the CC objects in the packages folder and it works excellent in Create a world ! The objects appear , work fine , when I place them in the world and then when i click "edit world icon" the sims 3 loads , however, when I'm in the sims all the "CC" custom content doesn't appear or get replaced with default game objects , when I click and go back to Create a world i loose all the CC objects , and have to restart from scratch . I tried to install the CC objects in the game's mod folder , but when i try to go to 'edit in the sims 3' the game crashes. When I try to install the CC objects (as a sim3pack) with the launcher there's an error that says my sims3 needs to be updated ! It already is so whats the deal....

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited November 2016
    I am building a harbor on a fairly low coastal world and I am curious if anyone knows how close to the sea terrain needs to be dropped to become a port lot (23 tiles from the lot edge for the gangway doesn't leave a lot of space for stairs down from a high cliff I've found.) But also high enough to not get the grey ick when it snows? (As land too close to sea level does.) On a 300 map it seems that #111111 is about as low as you can get without the grey snow fade, but I was hoping to use a 100 map since it's doing a flatter area.

I suppose a better question is how high does the sealevel need to be and still have houseboats in the world? I had the sea the full #000000 at first, but would prefer to have the sea shallow enough to see the terrain painting below. (around #181818 on a 100 map.) I guess I can test it on a mini world, I was just hoping someone had already done so and could share their findings.
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
    edited December 2016
    Hey! Does anyone know if there is a way to add seashell spawners off lots? I got a few areas that I would love to see spawn seashells, but they are simply extended beach wilderness.

Edit: NVM. found them when I loaded SuperCAW.
    NK4koaX.png
  • m0hrchenssimsm0hrchenssims Posts: 3 New Member
    I don't know what to do.
    I created a world in CAW. I exported the world and installed it over the launcher.
    In the game i want to build my buildings. I can start a new game with the world but if i save it, exit the game and restart it i can't load it because it says that this saved world contains something from an expansion pack that i don't have on my computer.
    This has happened to EVERY world i built.
    But if i download a custom world everything works fine.
    Does anyone know what i can do to load my worlds?
    I'm sorry for my english, it's not my mother language
    Greetings
    edited May 2017
    I don't know what to do.
    I created a world in CAW. I exported the world and installed it over the launcher.
    In the game i want to build my buildings. I can start a new game with the world but if i save it, exit the game and restart it i can't load it because it says that this saved world contains something from an expansion pack that i don't have on my computer.
    This has happened to EVERY world i built.
    But if i download a custom world everything works fine.
    Does anyone know what i can do to load my worlds?
    I'm sorry for my english, it's not my mother language
    Greetings

Hi :)

What's the name of your world?
    1 option-This will happen if you have a . in the name- such as Vulcan Peak.05
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
    okay i will try it without a point. hope it works now :)
    Oh my God! It worked! Thank you so so so much! I'm so happy now :D
  • brattycakebrattycake Posts: 1 New Member
    I have tried searching for the answer to this to no avail... and I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question.

I am trying to do something that should be simple. I am creating a world and am using custom terrain paints. When I use edit in game and work on lots anytime I add a pier foundation that extends over the side of a cliff on the lot, the game adds rock terrain paint under and around the foundation, where it gets chopped into land, which shouldn't be a problem, except that it is using the base game gray rock, which isn't used in my world on any layer. it can't be painted over or erased by any existing terrain paint. What am I doing wrong here? This should be a simple thing and it's frustrating me...
    I have tried searching for the answer to this to no avail... and I apologize in advance if this is a plum question.

I am trying to do something that should be simple. I am creating a world and am using custom terrain paints. When I use edit in game and work on lots anytime I add a pier foundation that extends over the side of a cliff on the lot, the game adds rock terrain paint under and around the foundation, where it gets chopped into land, which shouldn't be a problem, except that it is using the base game gray rock, which isn't used in my world on any layer. it can't be painted over or erased by any existing terrain paint. What am I doing wrong here? This should be a simple thing and it's frustrating me...

Hi :)
    You're not doing anything wrong, it's the way the game works.
    What you can do is create the cliff you want for that lot in CAW so your paint will stay the same once you place the lot. If you know what I'm saying.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top