Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FOR GOD'S SAKE EA.......>:-O

13...Next

Comments

• andinic28andinic28 Posts: 2,719 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Arelly3 wrote:
    I was so excited about this new ep, but after reading most of the post I am having doubts in getting it. I had trouble with the first patch (base game), it crashed and messed up my computer. My husband fixed it and I installed the game with out any updates, I have world adventures and updated then, I haven't had a lot of problems other than freezing in CAS. Hope that you all can enjoy the game and find a solution to the problem. The ep looks really cool!

Well if you don't have mods and what not you should be fine that's what a lot of people's problems are. And IF you have an issue I think from yesterday and today there is a solutions for every problem lol :lol: but I think sometimes people freak out over the littlest thing bc they are looking for issues and what not. But for all the technical things I think this forum and the tech forum should have you covered :wink: I haven't had ANY issues whatsoever and I never uninstalled cc I have like clothes and hair. I don't use mods so I have no probs :mrgreen:
  • kaloesche68kaloesche68 Posts: 815 Member
    edited June 2010
    LOL I love this forum, in one thread, I've seen someone say "It must be your computer", and then another person said "It must be the mods, people are freaking out, my games ok". I'm sure other people have already said this since the new EP and patch came out, but I always have to shake my head at the first people I see say these rare gems of knowledge. Gotta love it, people can be so dense.

Hey DeadlySimP, sorry to hear about your pain. I hope you can resolve your problems. My game had been broken since the Patch Crash of Nov 09', since then, I've had to use 3rd party programs just to get the game to run. When I got AM, I backed up my Sims stuff, said a quick prayer and installed this last patch-and I have to say, this patch seems to have fixed some of my problems. The wierd thing is, when I installed AM and the patch, I thought I would do it on a clean install, so I backup all Sims stuff, uninstalled the game, cleaned registry and comp all that. Silly me blonde though, I didn't move the actual folders that are left behind with all my cool downloads and 3rd party programs. I guess they would be considered Mods. So the game actually installed over them, they seem to be playing very nicely together. And I can run the game without the 3rd party program-this is a first since Nov.

I haven't put my saved game back in, I started fresh to play the new town, but this thing runs GREAT! Now of course, when I go to put my old families in, something will happen, I had lost everything last November also.

The moral of my story, is don't fret, hopefully for you, even 8 months down the road, EA may fix your game hun.

Love, Kendra-LOL!

(Sorry about the edits, I'm so amazed at some of the comments here, I can't spell)
  • JasumiJasumi Posts: 521 Member
    edited June 2010
    I have so many windows open, it's been a week since I've even seen my desktop. Thanks EA :) I love how I can only play the game if I don't actually move the camera, the whole world is the size of my screen now. Soon as I scroll someplace, windows vista shows me the splash page.

EDIT

Completely turning off Vista's UAC (user account control) and Windows Defender seems to have fixed my problem so far...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • AussieAdoresSimsAussieAdoresSims Posts: 554 Member
    edited June 2010
    Speak fo your self! I have had no trouble at all with my game and the patch.
    edited June 2010
    Speak fo your self! I have had no trouble at all with my game and the patch.
    edited June 2010
    Sorry didn't mean for double post. Don't know what happened
  • Adrienne25Adrienne25 Posts: 238 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I installed Ambitions and it did that whole update thingy, everything went smoothly and I haven't had any problems at all. I am soooo loving all the new stuff, it's way better than I thought it would be. Good luck to all who are having problems
  • CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I downloaded an update yesterday too, I don’t have Ambitions yet as it’s not be released in this country yet.

Anyway, my game is working and I loved some of the new additions. I will admit to some glitches but so far they appear minor. Mindless I haven’t played it a long time since patching yesterday.
  • PatrickVDMPatrickVDM Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I see your guys point, everything is fine until i installed ambtions and it just keeps crashes
  • Queen_MariaQueen_Maria Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Naw, I'm sorry. I hope you are able to play with success in the future :). My only annoyance is there are no tutorials for professions in ambitions. I have no idea how to use my magnifying glass freely :/.
  • KaleekoKaleeko Posts: 586 Member
    edited June 2010
    Hmm. Well. I shall tell you a little story. :)

Kaleeko was very very careful when she patched her game. Not one scrap of a mod or CC or even saves was left for the update to entangle, and she was very proud of herself for being so mindful!

She ran her game, and everything was good! ... For about 5 minutes! And then CRASH!

... To desktop! (Oh noes!)

Then, using her noggin, Kaleeko used google and various forum resources, and found this:

http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=1889.0

And now Kaleeko has not had a CTD since! The End.

Now, to be perfectly serious: EA seems to have a problem with these silly technical issues. They should not be there, and it sucks that they have to be bypassed by something a player has to get off their lazy bum to do. I know. IT SUCKS.

But the solutions are out there. Write a bug report, let EA know there's a problem, give them the time to find a solution, and in the meantime, use the tools that other players have found and made available to you.

That is all. :P
  • AshleyB751AshleyB751 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2010
    idk about that theme park but what is world without pets they should have put a few breeds of cats and dogs in the base game its stupid we have wait to have pets
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited June 2010
    lol I had that problem earlier. I've been trying all the professions, seeing which ones I like. I was playing the PI, got given this magnifying glass, and wondered for the rest of my time playing the PI what on earth I was supposed to do with it. (No rude answers for that allowed :P)

I'm playing a stylist now. Not sure how that one goes, but meh.

As for fixing, quickest and easiest way is to uninstall the ep's and reinstall them. You could also try and manually patch them. I had a lot of fun manually uninstalling WA to get it all working again. I don't recommend it. (Instructions for doing so are on the customer support page somewhere)
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited June 2010
    When i first installed the latest patch 2 days ago my game kept crashing and froze while saving. When i got ambitions i was like "maybe my game would stop crashing." and it didn't.. yer im okay but a little annoyed and really hope that they fix everyo0nes crashing issue.
    PLEASE SIMS 3 WORKERS FIX THIS FOR ALL YOUR FANS, BEFORE YOU LOSE THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT HAVE MADE THE GAME SO POPULAR IN THE FIRST PLACE.
  • baby_gurl17baby_gurl17 Posts: 217 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I installed the patch with no problems at all. I dont have ambitions yet but so far in my Sims 3 adventures I have had barely any glitchs, Occasionally I crash to desktop but its normally in CAS.(knock on wood)
    Anyway, hopefully everyone gets their problems worked out!! Good luck guys
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, I hope they fix them too, real bad, im not going to play until they make a new patch which hopefully gets rid of the problems im having.
    edited June 2010
    I don't understand why people say that the patch doesn't work, i have the patch my game works wonderfully, if people would just check their computers before accusing EA of games that don't work, the world would be a much better and happier place.
    edited June 2010
    I don't understand why people say that the patch doesn't work, i have the patch my game works wonderfully, if people would just check their computers before accusing EA of games that don't work, the world would be a much better and happier place.
    edited June 2010
    I know it's not my computer because before I installed my game it was working better than fine, but after i instaled it then it started crashing.. coincidence? i think not.