Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FOR GOD'S SAKE EA.......>:-O

YOU SEE THAT THE LATEST PATCH IS JUST A NUISANCE....WHY DON'T YOU DO SOMETHING TO FIX THAT?

I remeber being A FANATIC FAN OF THE SIMS.....but THIS $%!^ RUINS ALL THE FUN!!!!!
Everyone that haven't installed the patch can play freely....
Whoever installed it experiences a CRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I won't pay for something that doesn't work...... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Comments

• KayleighmartinKayleighmartin Posts: 754 Member
    edited June 2010
    i installed the patch my game works fine :?
  • Im0003Im0003 Posts: 679 Member
    edited June 2010
    i've installed the patch, but not ambitions, and my game works fine... no doubt there'll be plenty of patches throughout the next few weeks though.
  • zanysazyzanysazy Posts: 2,210 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I'm getting scared to download the patch now

I never download a patch before everyone else has tried it
  • DeadlySimPDeadlySimP Posts: 2,124 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I don't have ambitions too....But I am sure that when I install the game.....it will crash......I am not the most lucky person in the world.....on the contrary.....I AM VERY UNLUCKY.....:'-(
  • Elilie101Elilie101 Posts: 1,367 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Wait, I can install a patch before I get Ambitions. Excusez-moi while I check my launcher. Will play the game later and post back if I get any issues.
    edited June 2010
    Are you sure...it may ruin your game when you install it....
  • Im0003Im0003 Posts: 679 Member
    edited June 2010
    i like this patch there are more categories in buy mode and you can edit the town in game; add trees, rocks, monuments and new lots wherever you want! :)
  • cublovecublove Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2010
    My game ended up crashing too.... I installed it, and my EA downloader ended up disappearing(*very strange*)... I had to go to the ea site and reinstall it. Then I had to uninstall the latest version of the game I had on my computer, and then reinstall it and reload all of the patches, it works fine now.. It was very time consuming though.
    edited June 2010
    GUYS....REALLY WHO WOULD BUY A GAME THAT DOESN'T EVEN WORK...???????? I WOULDN'T.....
  • zirkazirka Posts: 41
    edited June 2010
    I installed patch, but before I installed Ambitions. Try uninstalling Ambitions, getting all the updates, and then installing it.
    edited June 2010
    I don't have ambitions but I have the patch Installed.....do you think it will work???? Cause I don't.......I am sure that the time that I will start to play ambitions....IT WILL CRASH.....!!!!!
  • NeoGeminiCreatorNeoGeminiCreator Posts: 46
    edited June 2010
    Just calm down. There is always a cause for a problem, such as the patch didn't install properly. However I am not a tech guru, so I don't know what could be the cause.

Look DeadlySimP, just because it doesn't work for you it doesn't mean everyone else's game will also be ruined. Lots of people get the game to work just fine with these patches; not everyone gets the same problems.

Wow, more Greeks here than I thought. We are the masters of rage people, don't be surprised when this happens a lot. It's natural for us XD
    edited June 2010
    Just calm down. There is always a cause for a problem, such as the patch didn't install properly. However I am not a tech guru, so I don't know what could be the cause.

Look DeadlySimP, just because it doesn't work for you it doesn't mean everyone else's game will also be ruined. Lots of people get the game to work just fine with these patches; not everyone gets the same problems.

Wow, more Greeks here than I thought. We are the masters of rage people, don't be surprised when this happens a lot. It's natural for us XD

Yes.....you are right.....rage won't get anywhere.....I am just so ******....I mean the same happened with the base game,the same with WA,the same with High-End.I can't stand so much bugs......It's like an insect zoo (That was supposed to be a joke but....whatever).

And personally I don't have any problems because I don't have yet Ambitions...but as I said before....I am so unlucky....

Oh and you are so right....We greeks can get ****** off very easily....I mean a normal conversation in the middle of the road " MOVE YOU $#$%#@$#@ OR I'LL %$%$#%$# AND YOU'LL ^E^%$^"

Hehehe.....It's very normal indeed....XD
  • topaidi2002topaidi2002 Posts: 66 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Hmm I downloaded the patch yesterday but since it was already late and I am working I though of leaving for the day that ambitions will eventually download (If this will ever happen). But since you mention it I will have a look.
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited June 2010
    @DeadlySimP,

Just calm down and breathe with me! ^_^

I can be one of EA's harshest critics when they mess things up but I'll hold off on rushing to judgement on this one for awhile. A lot of people are having problems with the patch but a lot of people aren't, as well. I'm going to wait to see what category I fall in to before I freakout. I've installed the patch and my game plays fine. Tonight I'll install Ambitions and see what happens.

To be honest, I'm having more problems with this jacked up site than I think I will with Ambitions!
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • MohamadkaakiMohamadkaaki Posts: 1,632
    edited June 2010
    U should removee all the custome content to play the game, that happened to me, i removed all the CC and i played the game normally .. now i should wonder, how i can play the game with CC ? :S::SS ... anyway the sims 3 ROCK :D and it will always be the best game eveeeeerrrrrrrr
  • LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited June 2010
    To be honest, I'm having more problems with this jacked up site than I think I will with Ambitions!

aint that the true!!!
  • GeorgefPlayGeorgefPlay Posts: 4,459 Member
    edited June 2010
    I installed the patch and i can't start my game cause a message appears that says my game version is incompatible with the expasion pack.
    I followed a simGuru's instructions to update my video card and my coumputer DESTROYED!!!!! :evil:

Need help, please.... :(
    edited June 2010
    I don't have cc......I am calm.....ok......I will do the same as Darkling.....
  • MohamadkaakiMohamadkaaki Posts: 1,632
    edited June 2010
    @GeorgefPlay .. that happend to me too !! remove alllllllllllll the mods and CC and put them on the Desktop ... does it work now ???
  • GeorgefPlayGeorgefPlay Posts: 4,459 Member
    edited June 2010
    The only CC i have is from store, but I'll try when I'll open my destroyed PC and see if that works...

EDIT: Tried.Not Working.... :cry:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • tj19941994tj19941994 Posts: 653 New Member
    edited June 2010
    And, I'm not sure if anyone has already said this but CAW dosnt work anymore either :(
  • Rmk375Rmk375 Posts: 368 Member
    edited June 2010
    I installed patch then ambitions, everything works perfectly. love the game
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2010
    I am having crashes too! I had it before I bought Ambitions and even after installing the latest patch and installing Ambitions, I am still having crashes to desktop!
  • simlover97simlover97 Posts: 82 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Ive downloaded the patch and i dont have ambitions my game is working fine ive just been playing on it :D