Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite game release day tradition?

13...Next

Comments

• lulzlulz Posts: 1,075 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I'll probably throw on my PJs and grab a Pepsi and some Cheez-its then just play, and play, and play :D:D:D I'm kinda scared because I won't be able to get my copy until a little later in the day... I HOPE THEY DON'T RUN OUT D:

Edit: Do you think they would have it at Walgreens... lol
  • JAYSIMS2004JAYSIMS2004 Posts: 659 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Lulz- I doubt it will be at wal-greens.
  • SimInTheSunSimInTheSun Posts: 3,170 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I just wait for my husband to buy it after work and bring it home for me. Then I play it. :)
  • MSusko13MSusko13 Posts: 743 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Well....I will get up...then ride my bike around my neighborhood waiting for the UPS Guy -OR- I will get the tracking number from the confirmation e-mail and track it! :lol:
  • ChildishEnvyx3ChildishEnvyx3 Posts: 70 New Member
    edited May 2010
    TheresaSt wrote:
    It may sound weird but... I stop playing the game prio 4-5 days before.
    That way, when I start it it has this "extra fresh" feeling. I haven't played the game for a while, and then upon installing the new game, I get all giddy.
    :roll:

haha I do the same ! I am currently on my 2 week break, it's hardddd but it'll be so worth it. But between a husband, a two year old and studying I doubt I'll get much time to play anyway :(
  • sarasgamecube14sarasgamecube14 Posts: 185 Member
    edited May 2010
    This is the first time I have ordered a game online so I will have to wait for the UPS guy... :(
    I'll probably be too busy to sit at the window and wait for the truck because it's a couple days before my graduation day and I have to get ready! And I'm getting a new computer for graduation too! Yay!!! New (hopefully faster) home for my Sims! :D
  • NinjaNicoleNinjaNicole Posts: 69 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I also pre-ordered. First timer. I can't wait! I don't really have a tradition. I just go and install it and force my brother to watch me play. He doesn't play Sims, so I try to show him the fun in it. He can't. So I basicly try to teach my brother about the new things they have in it.
  • DolceDeLuxDolceDeLux Posts: 95 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I'm getting it on the tenth. The way these things are released is very convenient for me. The base game came out on the second and I got it for my birthday. I had to wait a few months for WA for Christmas. And now Ambitions for my birthday, among other things that I can't wait to get.

But I'll probably either get driven to the game store or one of my parents will give it to me. And after that I'll play it for the rest of the day, Friday, and the weekend.
  • Simmerd80Simmerd80 Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited May 2010
    My husband will run out and get it for me in the early am and then he comes home and wakes me up pretending that they were out of copies. All the while he has it hiding in his back pocket.

This is tradition...for some reason he plays the same joke over and over when it is sooooo not funny anymore lol
    Men!
  • diddl97playerdiddl97player Posts: 1,258
    edited May 2010
    Haha,long story.
    I wake up like anxious(i've been dreaming all night of it)then I get up and eat something.I get on the forums at 10 am and chat a little bit(I get it on the 5th).
    Then I put everyday clothes on and grab my pocket.I take my money out of it and then I walk around the house like a desperate.(The old lady next to me will scream loud)
    Then I go with my mommy to the mall and pick up the game,just like everyone else.After I'm out the store,I rip off the package and look closer.I go to a cafe~and eat something quick.Then I read the whole booklet.(Like a desperate,again)
    Then I go home and install and play all the day and all the night.

• RyanlolliesRyanlollies Posts: 562
    edited May 2010
    I am direct downloading from EA because, a) it's cheaper, and b) it comes out in stores 3 days after all you Ameriacaaans! (I live in Austrlia)

So, Where do I BEGIN?!

The night is spent pacing back and forth infront of my dad, asking him if I can download as soon as I wake up, then I spend the rest of the night shivering with anticipation in my bed, and imagining what imma do. That will be a long night.
    Then I wake up, BOLT to the computer, and madly download. I then begin installing, and explode when it doesnt work the first time. Then it works, and I miss school. :)

Or I think about what imma do when I get home from school ^^
  • Suzii_2kai9Suzii_2kai9 Posts: 134 Member
    edited May 2010
    Most Of The Days That The Sims New Ep Comes Out Im Off Skul And Force My Mam To Bring My To Game Stop Or Smiths And The Hole Way Home I Read Through The Booklet.

But This Year Im In Skul For My Examz :(
    So Probly Beg My Mam To Get It So Itz There Wen I Get Home
    4th Of June Roll On :mrgreen:
  • NoirNoir Posts: 484 Member
    edited May 2010
    oh it's so funny to read all yours crazy stories. First thought is... "they are freaking mad!?.... oh wait... I do the same" haha

I preorder from a netshop and I live in sweden so our release date is 3/6. But the thing with the netshop is that they promise you that you will have your copy the day of the release. So they send it two days early so people who lives far away really have the copy on the day. I don't live far away so the mailman comes with the copy one day early! WOOHOO!
    I preorded the game since the sims 2 game, and i am so pleased!

So my day starts with anxiety that the game don't come early this time, and I sit in the window with my cat and stare down the mailbox, when the mailman comes i run out like a crazy person in to little cloths and no shoes and run run run to the waiting computer! :D
    Then i play all day with a nagging mother "it' time for a break!"
  • manachanchimanachanchi Posts: 66 New Member
    edited May 2010
    IrishSimslover]Title says it all...

With the approach of Sims 3 Ambitions (oh why oh why isn't it June 1st yet??), what is your favorite tradition on release day?

June 1st!? your lucky! i live in the UK and it comes out on the 4th!!! lol
    Before i started work my normal tradition on release day was that if it came out on the weekend i would be the first person down at the shops buying the game if came out on a weekday i would have to WAIT till the weekend to get it :shock: XD
    Now this game is the first one to come out on a day i work! so i BEGGED to have the day off and told them coz i want to buy a game and play it all day (thank god its holiday club and not a school day) and they even gave me the time off hehe :lol: thank you work lol
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited May 2010
    I usually take vacation days that week but, alas, this time I have to wait until the next week to take the vacation.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • LazyDaisy4777LazyDaisy4777 Posts: 323 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I noticed many of you will re-install the base game and WA. I worked very
    hard on some of my houses and lots.
    Is it better to uninstall every time?
    Will the new EP run better if that is done?
    Are you doing that because of the problems that came with WA?
    There are no mods or cc in my game. I really hate the thought of losing
    some of my households. I still have a few issues now and then. Like
    invisible Sims, lag (my computer is new, spcs check out fine and TS3 is
    the only thing installed), and freezing once in a while.
    I get chores done, grab the snacks and play all night!
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited May 2010
    I head out, get the game (did not do that for the CE, cuz it was a present that was fedex'd to me)

I go home, jump around with excitement, tear into it. Make sure everything is ready for a clean install, no CC to be found in the files.

Start installation as I read the guide that comes with it, and then PLAY! for Hours!:mrgreen:
  • theonlybrokentheonlybroken Posts: 44 Member
    edited May 2010
    I reordered The Sims 3 at Gamestop, which opens at 10 am. I waited outside the store for at least 30 minutes until they unlocked the doors so I could get right away. I made the mistake of scheduling summer classes last year that started the same day the game came out, so I only had one hour to install/play before heading to school. This time I'm having my hubby pick up Ambitions for me at Wal-Mart at midnight since he gets off work around that time. That way I will have it when I wake up and won't have to worry about going out to get it.
  • cherry022806cherry022806 Posts: 3,255 Member
    edited May 2010
    My game release day tradition is: a month before the release me and my mom say we are not going to buy it when it comes out we are going to wait for a while; two weeks before the game release we say darn we really want the game, but we are not going to buy it when it comes out we are going to wait for a while; the day the game is released we wake up and say the game comes out today. We meddle around the forums and buy 1 o'clock we are getting dressed and on our way to buy the game.

• snuttdisnuttdi Posts: 270 Member
    edited May 2010
    I like this thread. It tickles me to see how many simmers have their traditions! I have my own, like now..searching the forums, checking out what others are saying about the new release, counting down the days, talking about the new release to family, co-workers, and friends, going from online site to site reading as much as I can about the new expansion, while anxiously awaiting the day of the release!

I pre-ordered Ambitions just like I did for TS3, but I will also go to Wal Mart to pick up a copy at midnight or if I am working, pick it up between 6 and 6:30 am.

I like having a back up copy just in case I damage a disc. Just recently I was able to talk my sister into playing TS3. After the third day of talking about it, she is presently on her way to pick up a copy. I will be ever so happy if she really becomes a Sim fan because it would be nice to know someone personally who is close to me that I can be able to really share with.

I don't know about you all, but, for the most part, I have no family or friends who happen to be a simmer such as we are. I've be a simmer since the very first release of The Sims.

I love the excitement of awaiting a new release. I also pre-ordered the Prima Guide.

My habit..well, I read the booklet and/or Prima Guide while the game installs, have my favorite drink and snack at hand, and then..play for hours on end, or at least until I fall asleep at my pc. The main thing I have to worry about is saving any progress that I have made along the way so as not to lose too much of anything if I do fall asleep.

I do believe that I will try the private investigator career first.

I do grow impatient when the installation time is a bit longer than I want it to be.

Oh, I'll have to make sure all of my pets are fed and put away before gameplay: they tend to be a bit annoyed at me when I'm playing my game. They constantly seek my attention and I cannot and will not be distracted this time around.

Well, it took me a day or two to jump aboard this thread but you all have brought me so much joy in sharing your traditions so I thought I'd share mine too.

It's been fun ya'll! I'll peep back in to see what more players have to say later.
  • AZcokeacolaAZcokeacola Posts: 589 Member
    edited May 2010
    I been playing since sims 1. Kids were kids then and daughter and I would make schedules for computer time.
    Pizza delivery and fast meals the first week.
    Sims 2 we had to prepare our sims for the glitches of the delivery people mayham. If your lot had a delivery person on it you get invaded with 100's when installing new game. So we had to make sure on every lot the sims time be 6-7 am and no one on lot for sims were fully green also with each new installation.
    Crock pot meals for the first week.
    now sims 3 daughter moved out so no more having to schedule puter time between us.
    The boys all were taught to cook so no more crock pot or pizza delivery, and a freezer full of TV dinners case they whine Im not cooking full meals.

I also clean house spotless week before and hide all the dishes but 1 for each kid so when I wake up a week later from my sim addiction i dont have a sink full.
    Took me 3 EPs in sims 1 to realize that trick.
    Its more of game week than day tradition.
  • simlover97simlover97 Posts: 82 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Im at secondary so im lucky its in the holidays :-) i will set my alarm run down to the store grab my game run back and be on pc all day ( and half the night ) :roll:.I get it june 4th so i have till 7th before we go back 2 school and its my birthday on the 8th :D

p.s i dont have a tradition as i have never got the games on release day started playing sims 2 quite late and needed new pc for sims 3 so now i gonna set a tradition :wink: