Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how do i buy martial art stuff?

hi i was wondering how do i get the marital arts gear like the chop the board and others and my husband in the game i spar with him in china but why cant i spar with him at home?

Comments

• Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    edited April 2010
    did you buy that chop bricks and the stik thing (i can't remember what is icalled) in china on top of market?
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited April 2010
    You can buy the two martial arts objects in China and take them home, or you can use the BuyDebug On cheat (with testing cheats enabled) to buy them anywhere.

And I presume you can't spar if you aren't in China, because you're supposed to have to go to China to advance in martial arts *shrug*. Might be a mod for that, dunno.
  • xt1n4xt1n4 Posts: 15
    edited April 2010
    I think both sims have to be trained in martial arts?
  • Vegeta_ssj4Vegeta_ssj4 Posts: 302 New Member
    edited April 2010
    xt1n4 wrote:
    I think both sims have to be trained in martial arts?

well my sim got pregnant but before that i only learnt the martial arts stuff but i cant meditate until i level up in martial arts correct?
  • Vegeta_ssj4Vegeta_ssj4 Posts: 302 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Where do i buy the stuff cause i am in china and i went to local market but they dont sell it where can i get it from and who
    edited April 2010
    I went to China a couple times bought books at the book store on martial arts. and went to pratice. also you can pratice in paris in the museum,
    edited April 2010
    Yes meditating will increase it ;)
  • SketchElderSketchElder Posts: 3,517 New Member
    edited April 2010
    You don't have to be in China to spar but pregnant Sims can't spar. That's probably why your Sims could spar with each other in China but can't spar with each other now.
  • Ishtar7799Ishtar7799 Posts: 19
    edited April 2012
    I dont know about buying the stuff but you can spar at home if you both your sims have the martail art skill. I dont know if they have to be the same lvl or not. My were the same lvl, so I hope this helps ^.^
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited April 2012
    Where do i buy the stuff cause i am in china and i went to local market but they dont sell it where can i get it from and who

The shop that sells the Simfu equipment is on the end. The shop is on a foundation and is hidden if you have the walls down for the other shops not built on the foundation.

I don't bother with going to china though. I just enter the testing cheats and Buydebug code to buy them from buymode, or send my sims to the local simfu academy I built. Plenty of townie train there and it's easy to run into sims to spar with. I just wish their was a local Simfu tournament.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • jericho13jericho13 Posts: 960 New Member
    edited April 2012
    If only we had waited four more days, we could be celebrating this thread's 2-year birthday!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited April 2012
    jericho13 wrote:
    If only we had waited four more days, we could be celebrating this thread's 2-year birthday!

:lol: We have time.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • eliwood_saineliwood_sain Posts: 115
    edited April 2012
    These items are available at the general store in Shang Simla, as previously stated.

Meditating (at level 5) should help train, and is also useful in achieving a skill challenge and completing some tombs (they have bugs that make points impossible to cross).

Other than meditation and the LW, the only other use of MA is to beat up mummies and, at level 10, get some rocks from breaking space rocks (after the skill challenge).
  • RPBaskettRPBaskett Posts: 3 New Member
    Dude this is the most annoying post. Everyone keeps saying "buy them in China" or "buy them at the general store" but that still doesn't answer WHERE that is. I see 3 THREE shops in china: The book store, the relics shop and the food store. None of these sell anything to do with buying a martial arts training dummy. Can anyone answer where you buy the training dummy and what is needed to get it EXACTLY? I've looking for the answer to this for half an hour. There is NO general store or it's invisible.
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    edited July 2019
    Since you've been there, would you recognize a picture of the market? Scroll down on this page until you see the picture of the market place. It's not far down. It's the building furthest to the right. It actually is invisible to you when you have the walls down looking inside the shops, it's on the next level up since it has a foundation and the other buildings don't.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey friends, sorry you're having an issue with this however considering this thread is super old I'm going to go ahead and close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top