Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Urbz: Sims in the City, an EP for Sims 3 (UPDATE: Welcome Late Night! EA you listened!!!)

2...Next

Comments

• PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited July 2010
    Simmerd80 wrote:
    Simmerd80 wrote:
    I am very very pleased that EA either read this thread a long time ago or brilliantly came up with the idea themselves. Very happy to see the thing I been wishing for, has pretty much come true! Yay!!!!

Right??? I've been waiting 6 years for it to happen. Night Life only touched on urban life...I am really hoping TS3 will get deeper into it. I'm glad people still remember it, it seemed for a while I felt I was maybe one in only 100 that actually knew the Urbz existed...it was barely talked about when TS2 was out.

Yeah, I liked Nightlife for what it added but when I heard of Sims 3 and its new open world, the possibilities of what I imagined became more doable.
    I had heard of Urbs but did not have the console to actually play. I recently rediscovered it a little while ago and was actually able to play. I loved it so much and couldn't drop the feeling it would make a great expansion pack for the Sims 3, as it fit into my imaginations.
    I too thought that maybe WE citylovers were just a few and that nobody seemed to be wanting what I wanted. I mean I created this thread a long time ago and it only hit two pages. I was like gee, I thought my idea if implemented would be so much fun yet no one seemed to agree. Well I am glad EA agreed and regardless if they ever saw this thread or not, they made my dream come true!

I am so excited. I love the teaser trailer. It really looks like everything I had wanted got implemented somehow. The city looks great! Traffic lights and walking signs and all the buildings, city sounds, nightclubs, VIP access, bouncers, papparazzie...sighs.. I am too happy right now haha.

I got the Urbz for GBA back in fall '04 and I couldn't stop playing it. Then I bought a PS2 JUST so I could get Urbz (I play other games on it now of course but that was my excuse to get it at all) it was love at first play. But no one I knew who played sims had any idea of what Urbz was, probably because it came out around the time TS2 was announced and was basically shoved to the side and forgotten about by the general public.

I have noticed that people in the community want a more suburban or country/farm thing...which is great but to me is a waste over a city themed EP since there's just so much more to do with a city. EA outdid themselves with this one, or at least the ideas...hopefully they will be executed well.
  • mjbutterfliesmjbutterflies Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I'm reviving this thread from 9 years ago, lol. How I got here is because I used to really love Urbz, and I was thinking the City Living expansion might be somewhat similar to that, which made me excited. I found this thread, and I wondered if you are still interested in the Sims and if you have the City Living expansion.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello @mjbutterflies Please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922566/forum-dos-and-donts#latest

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top