Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Mummies!

I have had my adventuring sim (Thomas Truthseeker), go to egypt twice, and china at least 4 times, and not a mummy have we run across thus far! I suppose I should consider myself lucky, because I really like this sim--he is a very good-looking sim, and I would hate it if he got cursed! Has anyone else run into mummies, and if so, how is the best way to deal with them? My sim did buy some escape dust, and mummy snacks, just to be prepared, just in case. :wink:

Comments

• NanceXTooNanceXToo Posts: 64 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I've only run into a mummy once. It was in China. I forget where, but it was like a long narrow room that had a dive well and like six sarcophagus's in it, three on each side (they look kinda like old dirty refrigerators lol) and one of them- I think the middle one on the right- was blue. The mummy came out of that one. Because the mummy moves slowly and because I had a doorway on each side of that room to get in and out of, I was able to avoid the mummy if I wanted to.

Then my Sim had a wish to defeat a mummy so I saved first just in case :D Then went back in there to see what would happen and the mummy attacked me. He left my Sim passed out. Fortunately I did not get cursed.
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited November 2009
    I'm not real impressed with the mummies so far. My sim has been attacked twice, lost both times, no curse. All the other times she just goes about her business, steps around the mummy and opens the treasure chest like normal. The mummies just sort of wander around like they aren't quite sure if they should attack or not. Nothing scarey or anything. Just do your thing and your sim should be fine.
  • PietraAtomicaPietraAtomica Posts: 14 New Member
    edited November 2009
    NanceXToo wrote:
    I've only run into a mummy once. It was in China. I forget where, but it was like a long narrow room that had a dive well and like six sarcophagus's in it, three on each side (they look kinda like old dirty refrigerators lol) and one of them- I think the middle one on the right- was blue. The mummy came out of that one. Because the mummy moves slowly and because I had a doorway on each side of that room to get in and out of, I was able to avoid the mummy if I wanted to.

Then my Sim had a wish to defeat a mummy so I saved first just in case :D Then went back in there to see what would happen and the mummy attacked me. He left my Sim passed out. Fortunately I did not get cursed.

That's the only place where I encountered a mummy to!
    Iwished you could fight it with martial arts, I would've owned that nubfaec.
  • strange_foreverstrange_forever Posts: 3
    edited November 2009
    I only just ran into my first mummy last night when my sim was exploring through the temple of the burning sands. Instead of going straight into the which you need a keystone to unlock I wandered around the far room for a little. There was a switch on the wall (I think) which unlocked a staircase which went down to a passageway with a divewell and a hidden fire trap. Once past that I wandered into another passageway with a number of Sultan's Keep Alls and a sarcophagus at the end. I opened one of the keep alls and it triggered the mummy.
    <br>The mummy came and defeated my sim before cursing him so unfortunately I had to drop the adventure for a little and do the sphinx quest as well :\</br>
    <br>But you know. Whatevs. I'm wondering if athletic ability has something to do with it?</br>
  • WhitetigerzWhitetigerz Posts: 1,838 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I love the mummys and all, but

1. They should RESPAWN. IF you fight them or give them a snack, they vanish forever.

2. They should curse more often.

3. We should be able to have wild/violent mummies in our homes if we want to. That way if you got a annoying neighbor, lock them in the basement filled with mummies.
  • Jrf12391Jrf12391 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I ran into a mummy, in egypt, she was my Buffy sim, so she easily defeated him in combat, the mummy turned to dust and my sim went about her business.
  • fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    edited November 2009
    I have not found a single mummy so far and I have been looking like Crazy!!
  • Cera13Cera13 Posts: 891 Member
    edited November 2009
    Only once and all she did was cower, it just walked away. Whatever...I want to be cursed!
  • NoonlesNoonles Posts: 428 New Member
    edited November 2009
    The annoying thing is that when you get cursed by a mummy, you don't quite become a mummy, your sim just dies. If your sim comes back as a ghost, it will be a mummy in ghost form. To become a mummy, your sim has to collect hidden pieces of a sarcophagus and build it together then sleep in it for a night. Talk about annoying :(
  • cattycailincattycailin Posts: 1 New Member
    edited November 2009
    My sim was exploring the temple of the burning sands and got attacked by a mummy, I tried to sing this song I learned from a little boy in the village `oh where is my mummy?' but my sim was too exhaused to sing it. Just wondering if anyone has done this and if it worked? fortunately she didnt get cursed.
  • Robodl95Robodl95 Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited November 2009
    I found the same mummy as catty ^

I loled because it was chubby xD

• BigLongNowBigLongNow Posts: 73 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I've ran into mummies about 4 times, and one of those times there were 3 mummies at once(I think it was in an adventure in France). My sim got cursed once already. Also, I found all the pieces for the cursed sarcophogus of kings and had my sim sleep in it for three sim nights, so now I have my own playable mummy. They walk soooooo slow.
  • mang0lynmang0lyn Posts: 13 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Like some people I encountered a mummy in Temple of the Burning Sands, but what I'm trying to figure out is how do you attack it? When I first saw the mummy I was a bit alarmed at first, so I paused the game and tried to click on the mummy, but no actions were available. I just walked over to another room, got hit with the fire trap, and then went upstairs. I kept checking downstairs and the mummy was still there walking around in the same room. How do you attack it, use mummy snacks, or whatever? I couldn't even click on the mummy at all.
  • KiefSaffaKiefSaffa Posts: 176
    edited November 2009
    Hey Y'all :wink:

Butting into your convo here (do forgive me!)
    I have to agree with all of ya, not much to do with the Mummies except run around crazily in a frantic motion to pass by 'undetected', I just din't wanna risk it :lol:

I however, did manage to find all 5 "Cursed Sarcophigi" fragment pieces and built it.
    But this is where it dissapoints me, maybe because My game (pre patch) was acting up, i really dunno, All I know is My sim spent the night in it, then awoke and a 'Popup' appeared informing me "your sims is feeling oddly stronger but not in a good way he appears to have changed"

I was like, but he's STILL a Sim?! so I tried his Gf, same thing happens,
    however this time a sparkle or beam of light surrounded her and she VANISHED! :shock: searched in vain for her, but alas to no avail :evil:
    She was Gone, and her Bf JJ was like "I wanna go home now" so I did that, entred the "resetsim" cheat and presto she appeared..but something was amiss with her, she was a ..Yup you guessed it!
    A Genuine 'Living Dead' Mummy! but she never even had a chance to explore her new-found ability (if you can even call it that :?: :roll: ) when she suddenly and without warning unwravelled into a a pile of dust!
    Poof she was gone again :x this time "resetsim" NEVER worked

I Hate Mummies! :lol: but now, with Newly Patched working ( The EA-style "working") Game I plan on uncovering this dilemma and doing it over the exact same way, Hey who knows maybe it'll produce (though highly unlikely) an alternate outcome?!
    :?

:roll:
  • SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited December 2009
    My sim has to be cursed for one of the adventures, but so far, all I've noticed was that the mummies come and beat up and walk away. Body skill has nothing to do with it. I had my one sim with 0 body skill defeat a mummy. He was also clumsy, insane and absentminded. I'm not very impressed with the mummies either, and wondering how to get her cursed for the adventure (What Not to do in a tomb). Anyone who has been cursed, could you please tell me how. Thanks.
  • pimpster_ritardpimpster_ritard Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    currently im in egypt and i just opened a tomb and there was a mummy and my sim wanted to defeat it. so i saved the game and came here and read what everyone else had experienced and so i stayed and defeated the mummy successfully without any curse or the adventure rewards and no mummy snacks. the way you attack it is when a mummy comes to attack your sim, the sim will begin to fight and you see the mummy become dizzy and POOF he disappears! :D good luck
  • zanysazyzanysazy Posts: 2,210 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I always come across mummies :lol:
  • DebbieGCDebbieGC Posts: 288 Member
    edited April 2010
    I've come across about 10 mummies (9 beaten hand-to-hand, 1 beaten by fire trap) so far. They are out there and some of them need to be triggered to come out and play.

I also just got my 1st playable mummy (king tomb reconstructed and 5 jars of body parts). Pretty cool that they don't have to use the bathroom or sleep. But, why do they have to bathe? Won't they just melt away in the water?

• SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited April 2010
    They get soaked after a bath/shower but it doesn't harm them, I suppose they like to keep their bandages clean :).
  • Lion1Lion1 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I saw a mummy in Egypt (2 actually!) and my sim had a fight and the mummy died! That's an easy way to get rid of a mummy!

Go to http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/189632.page#2277129 to see the Happiest Sim Challenge!
    mysig_506002046.jpg
  • CocobeanzCocobeanz Posts: 189
    edited April 2010
    Ran into Mummys TONS of times, normally in China and Eypt. I got cursed tons of times too! Friendly, non-attacking Mummies? You guys are lucky!

PS: You can fight and defeat them if are lvl 10 in Martial Arts or just below (Like lvl 8 or 9)

Hope this Helps

XX

PPS: I have a Sim (Susan Plumbob) with a cursed tomb and she sleeps and everying and wont change. Any Help?

PPPS: SpiderCrowWolf - You get cursed by the mummy -duh- basically dont fight or give it mumy snacks (Really Mummy Snacks!? The Lazy Mans way to get rid of a Mummy) it will problably fight you THEN curse you or just curse you and leave you alone.

Hope this helps too!
    :D
  • HL0987HL0987 Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    To kill the mummy in Egypt, in the great pyramid you step on the floor switch and that burns the 2 mummies
  • edited February 2011
    Yes i too am very sad about the poor state of mummies :(

I've only encountered mummies about twice in my game.
    One attacked my sim and made him pass out, but no curse! :evil:
    And the other was just like "Rawr" and walked around in a slow pace.
    my sim went up the stairs and continued searching the tomb.
    ( I dont think mummies can walk up stairs? :? )

Enough about my sim tales.
    I really want to turn my sim into a mummy, but cannot seem to find the pieces of the "Cursed Sarcophigi."
    I'll probably end up using a walkthrough/cheat sheet :wink:
  • clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited February 2011
    Yes i too am very sad about the poor state of mummies :(

I've only encountered mummies about twice in my game.
    One attacked my sim and made him pass out, but no curse! :evil:
    And the other was just like "Rawr" and walked around in a slow pace.
    my sim went up the stairs and continued searching the tomb.
    ( I dont think mummies can walk up stairs? :? )

Enough about my sim tales.
    I really want to turn my sim into a mummy, but cannot seem to find the pieces of the "Cursed Sarcophigi."
    I'll probably end up using a walkthrough/cheat sheet :wink:

The pieces are called sarcohagus of the kings, there is a chance it will be cursed (100% if evil 0% if good).
  • sanarithsanarith Posts: 10,812 Member
    edited February 2012
    hey there!

When my Sim encountered her first mummy in the tomb of the burning sands the mummy just wandered up and down the corridor. She was emptying some hold alls and just grabbed everything, opening the tomb door. Mummy stepped out. Voila. She just went through the door and carried on as normal. I think this Mummy returns to his tomb if they leave the room.