Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Different seasons for each neighbourhood?

Is it possible to set the season for each neighbourhood? For example I would rather not have winter in San Sequoia and I thought there was really a way to choose what you prefer when entering the neighbourhood for the first time.
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I don't think so, but I wish it was possible. It was a feature in Sims 2, and I used it regularly.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    LarrikatevenLarrikateven Posts: 99 Member
    edited March 2023
    As far as I've run across, I've only been able to set the season when I start a new save. If you have the weather control machine from Seasons, you can change the weather on the specific lot.

Oh! If you go into Settings --> Game Options --> Environment, then there are option to set rain and snow options, but I have never experimented with that, so I don't know if it affects the neighborhood or the whole save.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Nope. Though each world does have a different climate (you never see snow cover the ground in Oasis Springs for example). I don't know about San Sequoia.

You can disable snow though...
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I wonder if you could change season for the world as you arrive it, with the mod UI Cheats? I'm off so I can't check in game. If so, you can decide the season when visiting, but it would be quite a lot of extra management especially if you travel between worlds frequently.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Is it possible to set the season for each neighbourhood? For example I would rather not have winter in San Sequoia and I thought there was really a way to choose what you prefer when entering the neighbourhood for the first time.

Yes.

But you have to do it with one Household in each 'world'. You could move the one person (Sim) or household to a new lot in each world if you need to.

A scientist can build the weather control machine. I recommend upgrading it completely. Then you can set the season to what ever you want. Keep in mind you may need to use it several times to change the current weather as well. I changed it to summer in the middle of winter, but it was still a blizzard. So it was a blizzard in summer. Had to change the weather to 'sunny and clear'. ;)

I made a post on this a few months ago with screenshots, but can't find it. Sorry!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    MCCC has the option to change the season. It is on the mailbox under Seasons Cheats. I play with the seasons set at 28 days, and play each season three times, changing it back when the season changes. Each season is played three times until I move on to the next and play it three times. This way I feel as if I am playing for an entire Sim year. Whenever Summer turns to Fall, I use the cheat to reset the save to Summer and so on through the seasons. I also have aging off and age up my Sims when I am ready. It's a handy cheat to have if you play rotationally through many families and single Sims.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I played for a little while thunderstorms & blizzards disbaled and I quite enjoyed that. I don't hate them occasionally, just think they're too frequent. It doesn't remove winter.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »

I believe, if memory serves, we could set different seasons back in Sims2. If so, we haven't been able to do that in a long time, I' afraid.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    Yes in sims 2 you could have all summer or spring or winter or fall. I liked that in fall in sims 2 the sims skilled faster.
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    bandit5 wrote: »
    Yes in sims 2 you could have all summer or spring or winter or fall. I liked that in fall in sims 2 the sims skilled faster.

I used to have my university town set to only Autumn so that they skilled up faster for their studies.