Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which way does teh crib work??

DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
I've tried just about everything. I thought maybe there was a plant or a toy in the way but Nothing. When I put my crib against a wall, no mater which was I orient it, my sims signal that they count rout to it. Does it only work with the head of the bed against the wall?? That can't be can it??

Heres my crib agains the wall.
Screen-Shot-2023-03-17-at-7-21-24-PM.png
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
  • SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    When this happens to me, it is often the curtains causing it, even though everything is green when placing it. I'm unfamiliar with the rug you used. Did you resize it by chance? That could be part of the problem as well.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Try pressing Alt and place it slightly off the wall. I think I did that once and the parent never tried to access the wall side of the crib. But I had no curtains - they might need the crib to be even farther from the wall.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • tischidlytischidly Posts: 18 Member
    If I remember correctly, the arrow is on the shorter lengths (width? not sure what to call it oop) of the crib, so maybe try to leave more space there. You might also need to remove the curtains, or at least move the crib a bit farther away from the wall.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited March 2023
    check the rugs
    check the curtains,
    check if you have low hanging ceiling light blocking your sim
    check if the toys are in the way
    try resetting sim and doing the interaction again in case it just glitched somehow
    check that the crib arrow points toward sim when you place it in build mode
    check there is no glitched items under crib or something
    check the chair is not too near
    check there is no strange wall glitch

and yeah the orientation of crib seems right but idk if its turned so arrow is wrong side
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    edited March 2023
    oh check if the trashcan might be blocking it too as that item might be kind of near

and if there is any other ceiling decor type stuff check that
    other than those i don't think i can think of other things to check hmm
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    It was the curtains. So frustrating
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »

You can probably keep the curtains if you move the crib just a little away from them. Press Alt button to be able to position the crib feely between the grid lines.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »

You can probably keep the curtains if you move the crib just a little away from them. Press Alt button to be able to position the crib feely between the grid lines.

I had moved it away from the wall but my sims were going on the close side to take care of the baby which makes zero sense. Anyway I pushed it against the wall and replaced the curtains (the ones I had before were CC)
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,551 Member
    The arrow points to the foot of the crib. I placed mine more toward the center of the room, see if that helps. Mind you, the little squirt hasn't slept in it, yet.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited March 2023
    yeah i just noticed the arrow points wrong side anyway :lol: the sims access crib from the side not from the foot of crib

which side it is does not matter it works all the same

although when infant learns to stand in crib infant will only do it one side of the crib