The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Console lag spikes

StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
These console lag spikes are getting ridiculous now, I play on a series x so I dont understand why the game lags and stutters like this. I'm not even saying this to be dramatic, it's making the game unplayable!! The lag spikes are getting worse and worse, you used to be able to do things like being up the options menu to get the lag to go away but even that doesn't work anymore. It's so bad. Is this being fixed any time soon? I don't understand why this game isn't optimised for next gen consoles. If they are going to keep adding packs to console then they need to do something about this lag.

Comments

• lucombrelucombre Posts: 45 Member
    I agree, my game has been suuuper laggy since I installed the new pack and I’m on PS5.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    What I hate about the lag is when I'm playing a household and I need to enter Build mode to alter something, I go back into Live mode and it pauses for a bit as if deciding whether to proceed without problem or to crash.
    2quwd7.gif

• StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    What I hate about the lag is when I'm playing a household and I need to enter Build mode to alter something, I go back into Live mode and it pauses for a bit as if deciding whether to proceed without problem or to crash.

Yeah that's really bad, I noticed that too! I switched to pc recently and the lag isn't console specific, its the actual game itself. So I don't think that it will ever get fixed. I'm starting to think that its just an unfortunate side effect of the game being so old and there being so much DLC
  • roggekroggek Posts: 66 Member
    The console lag spikes is eminent on XBox Series S too.
    I think the culprit here is the memory handling and usage in the sims 4,
    since the XBox Series S has a SSD drive.
  • 8Faith88Faith8 Posts: 3,546 Member
    Ps5 here and the lag spikes are disappointing. I normally get rid off it by sitting in the options menu for a few seconds or restarting the game. Sometimes that doesn’t work so I close the game for the day 🫤
  • roggekroggek Posts: 66 Member
    edited June 2023
    It is funny how the Cloud play option (on Xbox) is suffering from less lag spikes, than if I play it on the console itself...
    But I have read, that the lag spikes is the "sims culling process":
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/905991/culling-relationship-culling-decay-current-status

of the sims and general cleanup of the game, but I still wonder if that is the cause?
  • jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    I have found when there is lag I save my game. I usually get lag when switching from build mode to live mode, I then save my game and the lag disappears :D I hope it works for you too.
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Sorry if this is considered necroposting, but I've discovered that if you click the three dots on the top right corner of the screen to bring up the options, ex: Save, Manage Worlds, Etc., it usually will solve the console lag. You don't have to actually save it either.

It works in both live and building modes, too.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee