Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changing a lot type from an Onsen?

I'm currently building on the Sutefani Onsen Bathhouse lot in the ski neighbourhood. I want to change it to a cafe because it makes more sense as an apre ski lot than an onsen but it doesnt give me the option to do so. What am I missing? Are we not allowed to change the lot from an onsen?
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    That particular lot is locked to Onsen as it is required for the mountain excursion event.
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Oh no! I wasn't aware of that and I intended to move the onsen to the giant lot to the right. Oh well.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    Ok.. I guess I'll have to move this one and change it?? Frustrating
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    Thanks for the insight!
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    Follow up question.. Since I already bulldozed the original lot. Is there a way to source the original plot in the gallery? Since I don’t want to leave it empty
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Just start a new game and copy the onsen to your library.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    Yeah it’s very rare I can’t really think of any lots like it besides high school etc. Seems like it has to be an onsen due to how the expedition works but I’m not really sure why they did it that way as you don’t need the lot for the expedition.

The only way around it would be to meet the onsen requirements underground (I think you can put hot springs indoors) and then build what you want. But it won’t let you turn it into a restaurant or a home or anything.