Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Items Removed Warning?

DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member

It's been a wile since I've played and after opening my game this morning got this message...

One or more items may not be installed on your computer or the EA Account that is currently logged in does not own these items

And it details how many build mode items were removed and replaced. I'm logged into my only EA account and my Mods are turned on.

Not sure why this is happening, anyone have any insight?

Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

I get that message sometimes too, not sure why it's happening. I don't have any CC or mods installed.

• Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member

Yeah, I’ve had this, it’s usually just one Build Mode item. No idea why it pops up either. I’ve never noticed that anything has disappeared.

• Options
    SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member

I've gotten this as well, on rare occasion. I wish the game would be more specific about what it believes doesn't belong, as I've never found anything missing after seeing such a message. Though I can't prove it, I suspect this happens when the game finds temporary objects which for some reason didn't get removed as they should have been, such as sparkle effect emitters from island spirits and things like that.

• Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    edited February 2023

Could it be some item from Deluxe Edition? If you don't own it and there's clothes or items from the DE it will pop this warning but without any pack associated (opposed to what happens with Sims and lots from Gallery)

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited February 2023

I've gotten this message few times too, especially recently. I don't have any mods or CC and I've never even used any, so I have no idea what it's all about. It's just annoying because I'd like to know what's going on.🤨

• Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2023

I get this message on console with all packs and most kits. Nothing has ever been removed from my game and I can never find which item has gone from the lot either. I think it might be related to items like plates of food that were in a lot that I left and returned to.

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member

What the previous posters said. The warning comes up every once in a while, but nothing ever seems to be missing. Which would be strange anyway, because I still own all the packs I ever bought, have never uninstalled one, and 99% of my CC is for CAS, not Build Mode.

Also, I often get a wrench icon when I save a build to the library, as if there was CC in it. But as I said, I don't use custom furniture, so no idea why that happens. Doesn't really matter to me since I'm not uploading them to the gallery anyway, it's just something I noticed.

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member

I used to get this message and for a time it was finally gone. Recently, I removed some mods and that's when I noticed the messages popping up again. I'm wondering if with all of these sudden changes, if EA hasn't been hacked or something. 😫

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CiralindeCiralinde Posts: 81 Member

I have had this message nearly every time I loaded the Nishidake household. I couldn't figure out what was causing it.

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Maybe it's removing things attached to other things? Emitters that left bits attached to your Sim, random objects left in spots they shouldn't be, bits of files related to CC, objects that were tied to a Sim's action in a downloaded house that shouldn't be there anymore (water in the tub, steam from the shower, a book being read, etc.)

I know in Sims 2 objects, actions, and memories could become attached to houses. Then if you moved them, uploaded or downloaded them, those bits went with it and wreaked havoc wherever they got added. It was best to use SimPe and clean installer to make sure any houses were truly "clean" before moving or sharing.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Dmitriy1Dmitriy1 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @DeadFishy said:
    > It's been a wile since I've played and after opening my game this morning got this message...
    > One or more items may not be installed on your computer or the EA Account that is currently logged in does not own these items
    > And it details how many build mode items were removed and replaced. I'm logged into my only EA account and my Mods are turned on.
    >
    > Not sure why this is happening, anyone have any insight?

It's cause you both got something from the gallery that uses the Expacs you both don't own. So it places the stuff, or even sims, but anything you don't have is removed.
  • Options
    > @Ciralinde said:
    > I have had this message nearly every time I loaded the Nishidake household. I couldn't figure out what was causing it.

Same, it was made using some of the expacs you don't own. In the gallery they show dark blue, and the ones you own are white with the blue outline.
  • Options
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > I used to get this message and for a time it was finally gone. Recently, I removed some mods and that's when I noticed the messages popping up again. I'm wondering if with all of these sudden changes, if EA hasn't been hacked or something. 😫

There's also this, some of the mods become outdated. You can remove yeah, but copy the names into google, and see if they got updated. master Control center helped a little, with their discord page. Their auto tool found 4 outdated mods, I removed 3, and had to wait for the 4th to be updated. It can be a pain. Those guys don't get paid, though their items are better than anything the base game or the Expacs give IMO. Remove and keep checking for updates.
  • Options
    Dmitriy1 wrote: »
    > @DeadFishy said:
    > It's been a wile since I've played and after opening my game this morning got this message...
    > One or more items may not be installed on your computer or the EA Account that is currently logged in does not own these items
    > And it details how many build mode items were removed and replaced. I'm logged into my only EA account and my Mods are turned on.
    >
    > Not sure why this is happening, anyone have any insight?

It's cause you both got something from the gallery that uses the Expacs you both don't own. So it places the stuff, or even sims, but anything you don't have is removed.

I don't download from the gallery so that can't be it.

I've also noticed that a lot of my CC objects have disappeared from houses and replaced
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited February 2023
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > I used to get this message and for a time it was finally gone. Recently, I removed some mods and that's when I noticed the messages popping up again. I'm wondering if with all of these sudden changes, if EA hasn't been hacked or something. 😫

There's also this, some of the mods become outdated. You can remove yeah, but copy the names into google, and see if they got updated. master Control center helped a little, with their discord page. Their auto tool found 4 outdated mods, I removed 3, and had to wait for the 4th to be updated. It can be a pain. Those guys don't get paid, though their items are better than anything the base game or the Expacs give IMO. Remove and keep checking for updates.

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear. Some mods bring objects to the game. If you had these objects on the lot and then removed the mod, now things have gone missing. This message is like the perpetual this lot was made with MOO on. No. I don't use that cheat, ever, when I build. I get this on my own houses when I place them. Face/palm. I'm growing immune to the notices. Yikes. Suffer me to say, in most cases the notice is moot. (Unless the censor is working on removing cc the originator put onto the Sim or used when building, that is.) It isn't really much of a worry.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I play vanilla and I have randomly (or at least seemingly) gotten this message for years.

It's not about downloading lots from the Gallery and for me it's not from mods or CC.

I can decide to play in a house I have played several times before, or a pre-made EA house and out of nowhere I get the pop-up message but I have yet to notice something actually missing. Not that I'm spending any time looking though but still. Annoying nonetheless
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    > @GalacticGal said:

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear. Some mods bring objects to the game. If you had these objects on the lot and then removed the mod, now things have gone missing. This message is like the perpetual this lot was made with MOO on. No. I don't use that cheat, ever, when I build. I get this on my own houses when I place them. Face/palm. I'm growing immune to the notices. Yikes. Suffer me to say, in most cases the notice is moot. (Unless the censor is working on removing cc the originator put onto the Sim or used when building, that is.) It isn't really much of a worry.

What I'm getting form this is if I built something with MOO on, this could mean those objects would be removed if I used a mod to place them? For example Better Build Buy?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    It's been a wile since I've played and after opening my game this morning got this message...
    One or more items may not be installed on your computer or the EA Account that is currently logged in does not own these items
    And it details how many build mode items were removed and replaced. I'm logged into my only EA account and my Mods are turned on.

Not sure why this is happening, anyone have any insight?

I had a whole pack uninstalled from my game the other day.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    MikeymikedeluxeMikeymikedeluxe Posts: 43 Member
    I occasionally get this message when placing lots from my library. I find if I then place the item a second time no message occurs. So I think the message is falsely triggered sometimes.
  • Options
    DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    I had that too... It doesn't mean that game removed any items, because I had none mods or packs removed. I don't know why this message pops up. It's sometimes annoying.
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    I had this message too. At first it was popping up almost every time so most likely a bug. Then it popped up when there was a problem with HSY extra items from pre-order and they were missing from my own builds. That bug was later fixed. But now it’s again a warning that shows up sometimes (rarely actually), but nothing is really missing. I have all packs, except for few kits and Cottage Living and Eco Lifestyle.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I've been getting this message lately after installing growing together. I checked my sims household inventory and they have a bunch of furniture and items that I never had in their current home before. Every time I load up the family, I'm told something has been removed, like the message you stated but it's nothing on the actual lot removed. I'm not sure if it's deleting stuff from the household inventory though. I checked to see if any of my sims are kleptomaniac and they aren't. I noticed a debug gift box that's in the regular buy category too. I don't think that's suppose to be there.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited March 2023
    I get "one item has been removed" pretty well ever time I go to a lot. Every time I go to manage worlds and back I get it. Every time I go to CAS then back, I get it. If I go to CAS, then back, then to CAS, then back, I always get that message pop-up each time.

It must be a programming glitch then because even on an empty lot with nothing at all, I get that message pop up.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited March 2023
    Since installing GT, I've been getting this every time I enter a new lot. I even got it when my Sims went to the fairgrounds in Copperdale (they spawn directly there because the lots around it are all residential).

The gift box is the one that your Sim is handed by other Sims when they want to give them a gift, it's safe to assume it's supposed to be hidden. If you place it, you can't even do anything with it.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    have this sometimes but ive yet to notice items actually missing
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top