Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Negative Thread

Β«13456724
Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member

Just starting the thread for the next expansion pack.

This is the negative thread for complaints, concerns and criticism.

Just a reminder this is not a place for bashing simmer or gurus.Also this not a place to bash the thread itself .

Post edited by Horrorgirl6 on

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited February 2023

I think we shouldn’t have to buy another EP for kids to ride bikes and have pillow fights since it’s already available for adults.

Also, I didn’t see teens in the trailer so now I’m afraid there will be nothing them.

• filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member

The only thing I'm worried about right now is it seems some of these features that deepen relationship compatibility is exclusive to the pack and not a base game update. But I'll wait and see on that one.

• InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Not so much a negative but really Im not feeling much hype for it. Its nice, but this is probably going to be one of those packs where Im probably going to like the build/buy and the world more than the gameplay so Im not feeling much need to have it now. I'll probably get this on sale or if I have amazon giftcards lying around by the time of release.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member

From what we saw, Elders don't have much. Walking? Meh. Keepsakes? Will probably not mean much of anything. Sneaking candy for grandkids? Super relatable, but just another minor interaction on top of many.

Maybe the rec center will add more elder-centric stuff.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Unfortunately the world looks like again like the same size, suburbian-style neighbourhood with the lots in the middle of empty space which i surrounded by the fake houses. Even the functional houses look worse in my opinion.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,954 Member
    edited February 2023

Again with this limited time items nonsense *sighs* why can't you just put the dang items available for everyone to buy

what is the reason you must exclude everyone who doesn't have funds or the time to dive into the pack right away from ever owning these items for what?

also I am yet again puzzled why we need new world in this pack was there really nothing else you could have used the budget on rather than another suburban dystopia

so far all i see in that world is suburbans and shells and tell me which part do we not have in Newcrest

which part of it couldn't be in about every other world in the game to make it so we must have new world like this

aand also while i rant it is quite off putting having to buy same content twice with pillow fighting bikes etc

part of me is even like do i really need sleeping bags why not just make all my sims werewolves and have them wolf nap on rugs πŸ’€

anyway gonna wait and see how much of this is update and what else this pack has i like some things too just frustrated really since this keeps happening every dang pack

⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited February 2023
    The features of this pack have a couple of red flags over it...

We already have lifestyles, sentiments, wants & fears (unless you have turned them off), neighborhood stories, random invites, etc. and now we will get key choices, milestones and midlife crises, I worry a lot that these will be just as intrusive as all the other features we already have.

Sims will now have chemistry, that sounds like some sims will like and dislike each other by default, that could change things a lot, and I wonder how players will react when it turns out that the sims that they want to be together doesn't like each other.

It looks like family members can call each other and events like them wanting help to take care of their kids can happen, sims are already calling the player for loads of things, neighborhood stories, wanting to hang out... etc.

So yeah, I'm skeptical how well this will all work.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member

Looks like Parenthood 2.0. So now this one theme gets a GP AND an EP dedicated to it when we still have gaps elsewhere and don't have all of the Occults? πŸ˜–

Kind of weird that the majority of things in this trailer involve either infants, which are getting patched in, or activities that already exist for adults. I know that new animations and work has to be done for each life stage to do the same thing, but it makes the pack look like it's not offering much that's new.

Also, infants just look almost exactly like toddlers to me, the differences are so nuanced that it seems redundant. I know a lot of people had baby fever, but gameplay wise they're really just doing the extra things that infants and/or toddlers should have been able to do in the first place. And Is that yet another highchair for people to fight with?

Meh, not my thing at all. That's okay, I'm still playing on the Werewolf patch, lol.

#Team Occult

oh yeah, those dang phones, saw those in trailer too don't we phone enough as it is please just add " turn off phone notifications" toggle thats all phone interaction i want at this point

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited February 2023
    This trailer is a little too much amazing like High School Years trailer.

I always tend to be skeptical when something seems to be too interesting.
  • ThirteenCatz3ThirteenCatz3 Posts: 3 New Member
    This should have been a gamepack, it feels as uneventful. Build/buy and cas are hideous.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2023

I’m really looking forward to the pack and think it looks great, however and I think this might just be a personal thing, but I don’t like the trailer family at all and I saw maybe one interesting premade in the whole trailer.

They all just look like random generated townies to me. The mother of the family is wearing the most basic base game heels and I’m probably just going to delete this family. I know most people don’t care but the premade/trailer sims are one of the things I look forward to.

My other big worry is that my sims might be disadvantaged because they’re already teens and have already done a lot of things and made a lot of memories before the pack came out. I hope we can backdate any memory system in some way, even if it’s just adding our old photos to a scrapbook.

• KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    It looks like our sims won't be able to throw infants to each other like a football. I don't know how this didn't make it in.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Gordy wrote: Β»
    The name is horrible. I guess maybe they want to make their products stand out from past packs, or make them easier to search. But Sims 4 has the worst pack names, for real.

Agreed, the name is just meh. They could have called it Family Life or Family Time.

A lot of the content does look good to me but I'm inclined to wait a while and see what other people think first. I can live without the preorder stuff.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I thought there was supposed to be something about the Grim Reaper. I was hoping we could play as the Grim Reaper or they would have funerals.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Gordy wrote: Β»
    The name is horrible. I guess maybe they want to make their products stand out from past packs, or make them easier to search. But Sims 4 has the worst pack names, for real.

I'm excited for the traits and additions, but I'm worried about the features made to make sims deeper. The majority of times they tried this (ie sentiments, lifestyles, wants and fears, childhood phases, preferences) were either shallow or total flops. They sound nice on paper, but will they actually do anything?

And we're not even guaranteed that the pack will even work on release, since 2 of the 3 major releases last year were borked.

I think the English name "Growing together" is pretty good because it links the pack to the "Get together" EP and that is probably a very sensible combination and good cross-marketing.

However, here you can see the challenges of international product translations (something I have often to deal with in my job as well). The German title "Zusammen wachsen" is an extact translation of "Growing together", but it corresponds with nothing and is really strange. I would have thought of a gardening pack.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    The trailer made the new world look nice, but I'll be surprised if it'll have 12 or more lots to it.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    The only complaint I have and it could be in the game is kids playing together. I didn't see any kids really playing like tag, cops and robbers, catch, and things like that. Otherwise I'm really excited for the pack.

That would have been awesome, it seems a lot of people miss those interactions, me included.
    I'm also a little sad that infants do not get a blanket in their crib. All through the sims series they always have to sleep in the cold :(

I hope that NPC families will finally bring toddlers (and infants) to the park when visiting with our own families. The trailer seemed to indicate this was possible, but I have my doubts.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited February 2023

My thing is they making Sims pack mules yes that hugging animation with the child and infant in the back was adorable but WHERE ARE THE STROLLERS??? So in the long run we can carry infants on our backs but let's say we're traveling with a toddler as well to a destination they walk slow so that means not only are the Sims carrying the infants as a backpack but their still left carrying toddlers. Strollers would have been realistic seeing npc and neighbors walking around with strollers, or jogging, biking, walking the dog. I guess they would be considered a vechiles since strollers are four wheels and we don't have cars yet.

Post edited by Briana2425 on

yeah also missing strollers

tbh those were like top 3 baby/toddler item I actually miss but seems like its not gonna be there *sighs* fine I'll just break my sims backs dragging their kiddos to the mother

I wonder if I can fight Greg or MOTHER while carrying infant backpack that could be interesting

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    yeah also missing strollers
    tbh those were like top 3 baby/toddler item I actually miss but seems like its not gonna be there *sighs* fine I'll just break my sims backs dragging their kiddos to the mother
    I wonder if I can fight Greg or MOTHER while carrying infant backpack that could be interesting

Oh my god. I'm so here for that.

Suddenly, infants are interesting. >:)
    #Team Occult
  • DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    edited February 2023
    Half of the features sound like they should be part of existing packs and kits. And knowing EA there won't be any Pack interactions and we will get yet another set of mechanics that do nearly exactly the same as already existing ones.

Does someone really believe that the social combability will in any way play nice with high school crushes, werewolf soulmates and social bunny?