Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question: What Damage Does A Repair Do If You Leave Your Mods Folder In Place? UPDATE

GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
edited January 2023 in General Mods Discussion
I tried a game repair a few days ago. However, instead of finishing the repair, it curiously paused it. Then I got a message one by one, my game packs failed to download. I quickly replaced Origin, but even after I redownloaded it, wouldn't open to let me try. I kept getting a message that it couldn't connect to the Internet. :open_mouth: At that time, yes, I had removed my Mods folder. I've been playing on the EA App for a few days, now. Today, I decided I was going to check on the state of Origin and if it was giving me the same 'can't connect to the Internet' nonsense, I was prepared to uninstall it. However, this time it opened to a blank white page. Just as I was about to shut it down, the page filled in and there was my normal home page. Then I see in the bottom left corner my packs were busy finalizing. I didn't have any way to pause what was going on, and so therefore no chance to remove my Mods folder.

What could I be facing when I am finally able to play my game? Should I rant and rave, should I replace all of the mods? Or should I throw my computer out of the second floor window? Please understand, that I have been attempting to have a Sim couple marry. I've had to exit without saving, since it appeared MWS wasn't functioning. I know, it's been awhile since I had a wedding in my game, and no, it never goes off perfectly, however, the Flower girl although present, merely walked down the aisle. No petals were cast. Same with the Ring Bearer. He simply walked down the aisle with his hands overlapped in front of him. :open_mouth: When the bride and groom were at the arch, there was no option for them to marry with the Officiant. This did not bode well. I exited and removed the newest mod/cc I had installed, thinking since the other mods were in the game and are updated with the previous wedding, those were 'safe' to leave in. I ended up doing a game folder refresh and then tried to roll back by doing a save recovery, but everybody was already at the church. The long and the short of it is I ended up going back to the previous Save As. (I Save As, with each gaming session). Unfortunately, that put me back on the Friday before. Face/palm.

Now, it looks like I'm going to have to spend time installing the mods I need all over again. I'm really tired. This is NOT how I wanted to start the New Year, and frankly, this doesn't bode well.

Please forgive my rant, and if you have any words of wisdom for me, I'm all ears. (Or eyes, as it were, since I will be reading the response.)
You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
Post edited by GalacticGal on

Comments