Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So this is Christmas...

I really enjoy the 12 days of simsmas here on the forum but unfortunately I can't get into my game on a daily basis to complete the tasks. Instead I wanted to share my sims' Christmas. For the first time in a long time real Christmas synced with in game winterfest so I had a lot of fun giving it more attention than usual. I even added a winterfest eve. Here are some screenshots. Everyone who wants to is invited to share their sims' Christmas stories

To prepare for the celebrations my sims baked cookies together. This is in fact a real life Christmas tradition I do with my children as well.
hxhbyjp.png

Decorating the tree
1yqdM7o.png

Later that day when my sims tried to light the tree, it caught fire. This took me completely by surprise, I had no idea this could happen. Luckily my sims were able to put the fire out, each with their own method
4wMwOpQ.png
3GGb6e3.png

Later that evening father winter came to bring presents, even to werewolves. Although he was a bit weary about werewolves as it turns out.
kD4lNUc.png
3L24G6D.png

Even my avatar on this forum showed up to celebrate
ZbbgjmP.png

On Christmas day itself the family gathered. My sims invited over their parents and siblings for a nice dinner
sPKs5Th.png
After dinner, the family gathered around the table to enjoy playing games together. This is another real life tradition that made it into my game.
7NzsPM2.png

Comments

• maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Love your pics! I try to put in my own family traditions as well. Looking forward to a hopefully quiet week so I may be able to play the holidays. Too busy at holiday time to find any time. I enjoyed seeing your sims' holiday festivities!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    @Atreya33 Loved your story. Sorry about the fire, but I'm glad for you that your Sims and RL synced together. My Sims had theirs a few weeks ago. But, in my case, that was a good thing. I had no time (and wasn't even home) to play. Saw my three kids and their spouses and most of the grandchildren yesterday. Great time, but I was exhausted afterward.

So happy for you that things matched up. (And for the record, TODAY is the second Day of Christmas.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    This is so nice :smile:
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    @maggiemae8135 and @GalacticGal I also find it difficult to play during the holidays. These screenshots were taken on the 22nd and I didn't even get around to posting them until 4 days later.
  • LiebeslottchenLiebeslottchen Posts: 69 Member
    @Atreya33 Lovely story and pictures! :)
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    my sims dont celebrate xmas or halloween or any holidays
  • LiebeslottchenLiebeslottchen Posts: 69 Member
    mollie1998 wrote: »
    Don't you think it's fun or do you play supernatural stories? Would be interesting to know.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I can't imagine not celebrating the holidays with my Sims. It adds so much fun to my gameplay. It's a great time for my families and friends to get together as well. My supernatural families also enjoy the holidays. I love that we can create our own holidays and add activities that we want to play, leaving out others we don't want. A holiday celebration can be as simple as having a grand meal with friends and family if that is all you want to do. The major holidays for my sims are Christmas and New Years, and I always add the eve and the actual day to my calendar to allow for even more time for events to enjoy the season!

I only started playing holidays after I got the seasons EP. Before seasons I played sims for years without playing holidays. Back then there was no gameplay mechanic to simulate holidays. Now I have my sims celebrate Christmas, Easter and a few other days. But usually my sims follow their own calendar and don't match up with the real life calendar.

Is there any particular reason why you don't play holidays?
    Don't you think it's fun or do you play supernatural stories? Would be interesting to know.

Playing supernatural stories can be perfectly combined with holidays. There is no reason to consider them opposite. In fact I started this thread with pictures of a werewolf and a spellcaster celebrating Christmas. ;)
    I can't imagine not celebrating the holidays with my Sims. It adds so much fun to my gameplay. It's a great time for my families and friends to get together as well. My supernatural families also enjoy the holidays. I love that we can create our own holidays and add activities that we want to play, leaving out others we don't want. A holiday celebration can be as simple as having a grand meal with friends and family if that is all you want to do. The major holidays for my sims are Christmas and New Years, and I always add the eve and the actual day to my calendar to allow for even more time for events to enjoy the season!

Making holidays as elaborate or as simple as you want to can really help. Sometimes they interrupt everyday life a bit too much. That's why I don't have 5 traditions for all of them.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member

Even though I do like doing Halloween because it's my favorite, and in sims4 I like Xmas primarily because it's a chance to seduce Father Winter 😆 , I never played holidays in sims1 or 2 and never missed them, and in fact, find them more an annoyance than enjoyable, because on sims4 they feel like another obligation or else my Sims will have yet another reason for The Big Sad.

In real life and in the game, holidays can feel like too much obligation to perform.

I like that we can customize or delete them.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    My poor Sims haven't celebrated the holidays yet. There were too many family members staying with us and I had absolutely no time at all to sneak off and play. The grandkids took over the game room and spent much of their time playing on the PlayStations which is where all my computers are set up because we're painting my office. I feel as if I missed out on celebrating a part of my Christmas because I couldn't find time to play my Sims. But everyone has gone home, the Christmas decorations are packed up and my house is in order so now I am going to take the next six days as 'Me Days' and I told hubby he can finish painting the office. There isn't that much left to do so I don't feel the least bit guilty about taking a break. The save I chose to play is one that has several toddlers and kids in it, and they are related. I cannot wait for them to get together and do some fun stuff together. And see Father Christmas. But first I have to decorate their homes and that will take a full day of work for me because I always get carried away when it comes to Christmas decor. :D
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    My poor Sims haven't celebrated the holidays yet. There were too many family members staying with us and I had absolutely no time at all to sneak off and play. The grandkids took over the game room and spent much of their time playing on the PlayStations which is where all my computers are set up because we're painting my office. I feel as if I missed out on celebrating a part of my Christmas because I couldn't find time to play my Sims. But everyone has gone home, the Christmas decorations are packed up and my house is in order so now I am going to take the next six days as 'Me Days' and I told hubby he can finish painting the office. There isn't that much left to do so I don't feel the least bit guilty about taking a break. The save I chose to play is one that has several toddlers and kids in it, and they are related. I cannot wait for them to get together and do some fun stuff together. And see Father Christmas. But first I have to decorate their homes and that will take a full day of work for me because I always get carried away when it comes to Christmas decor. :D

I suppose that is one of the benefits of the sims : you can play Christmas whenever you want/can. It does not have to match real life Christmas. Have fun with it.