Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question for PS4 Players - How do you buy packs on sale?

Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
Hi All I posted this question also in the Console Player section but I thought maybe there might be some Console users (or PC users who also have a console they've played on) over here.

I'm a total noob when it comes to anything console. But, I told my daughter about TS4 being free to play on her PS4 and she wanted to get it. But, I thought I'd get her a few extra packs while they were on sale if it's something she's gonna enjoy playing. (She does dialysis at home so she spends a lot of time hooked up to a machine and can't do much so I figured this would help her pass the time quicker).

I can't figure out how to buy packs on sale. When I go to the Playstation Store they're not on sale there. Origin says you need the EA App for PC or Origin for MAC, but doesn't show anything for Console.

I looked on Amazon too and everything I saw was for PC or MAC as well.

Are sales not included for Console users?

Comments

• JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited December 2022
    No but we get constant sales as well. They’re not at the same time but we get the 50 percent off etc regularly. There are on sale games every month and the sims packs come round every few months.

Playstation had its general Black Friday sale already which has finished, they were probably in that. I checked and it seems like expansions were on sale until 28th November. They’ll likely be on sale again at Christmas.
    Post edited by JustinB113 on
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Thanks @JustinB113! At least I know I'm not cray-cray for not being able to find sales for them. So do I buy them through the Playstation store only?
    edited December 2022
    Generally yes. I do think some shops may have codes for them but you have to download them from online anyway. The PS store would be the best place. Like I say though, constant sales, there will be one in January if not before Xmas so I’d keep an eye out. I’ll tag the thread if I see one.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    The PS store sales are roughly about every 2 months and all EP’s except the newest will usually be 50% off. They were recently reduced for Black Friday so it might be a little while yet but I recommend checking to see if they do a Boxing Day sale! You never know :)
    edited December 2022
    @Chicklet453681

737-A3-DA2-9164-4049-A05-A-63302610-AC59.jpg

These appear to be in the January sale on PSN that starts today. I’m not sure if there’s any more and I can’t see the prices/discount as I already have them but it might be worth looking again if you’re still interested.

Edit - in South Africa it seems to have everything on sale with expansions 55 percent off and stuff and game packs 30 percent off with the exceptions of HSY, Werewolves and Weddings 25 percent off.

May vary on region - U.K. usually gets 50 not 55 percent. Runs until January 6th.
    Post edited by JustinB113 on
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited December 2022
    Thanks @JustinB113 ! I will for sure try and check it out.

Right now, my daughter is having issues with the game crashing on her PS4 she hasn't even made it past the CAS portion yet.

It's possible it's overheating, so I told her to raise it up so there's airflow. Or maybe she's ran out of room or something, so I told her to delete anything she doesn't play and also if there's a cache to clear that too (I'm not familiar with consoles, so I don't know if that's even a thing for them or not).

I'm not currently at home to help her figure it out right now. I've been staying at my parents since July because my mom was on hospice and passed away in September and I am staying to get my dad adjusted to being alone.

I won't be going back home until sometime in January, so she might not be able to get it up and running until I get home so the sales might be off by then, but we'll catch another sale if it's over once we get it to work correctly.