Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update! I purchased Snowy Escape, now before sale is over, I want a game pack, Suggestions??

Earlier today I posted about buying a new expansion and you guys gave good suggestions and links, which I glanced over and decided to buy Snowy Escape. I'm actually into Zen myself in real life and have a respect for Japanese culture, and the world was descent enough, so I decided to buy that one and so far, it looks interesting, and all those hairstyles make it even better, I looked in lessons about climbing and snowboarding and hiking looks good so far.
Now I want to buy like 1 or 2 more packs maybe 1 game pack and 1 stuff pack. I looked over them and here are the ones I'm interested in, I would appreciate your input as to whether they are good or not, or perhaps buggy or should be avoided. Ok so Jungle Adventure looks descent, I heard you could die though but that kind of adds intensity to the experience. It's not high on my list. Another Is Outdoor retreat; I like this one even less, but it has some nice features it seems. Werewolves seems to be popular now, but IM not really interested much into becoming a werewolf, are there other cool features in werewolves that don't require you to actually be one and how much does becoming a werewolf impact your game. My
Wedding stories actually seems a descent fit, as I am starting a new game a few days ago, have a girlfriend and having a nice wedding in a couple sim weeks might be nice and doesn't my wedding stories come with a world.?.
Ok the stuff packs I might buy one, Movie hangout is that descent? it seems ok, and since its on sale it might be a good choice, but sims seem to have a problem sitting still for long so I'm wondering how that works. Bowling Night seems ok, and the Fitness pack is slightly interesting. What are you guys' thoughts on what I mentioned?? I will take into consideration your opinions and then research a bit on Carls's guide, or Sims Wiki to confirm my choice, so you don't need to inform me of that or post any links but thank you for taking the time to assist me. And lastly, if you have any suggestions besides the ones, I mentioned that is great, I will look into what you say as well as research it more on the internet...peace

Comments

• EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    In my opinion, Jungle Adventure is way better than Outdoor Retreat. I have both, and, if I had to do it over again, I wouldn't even buy Outdoor Retreat.
    We have a whole thread about appreciating Jungle Adventure here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18203933#Comment_18203933
    What I love about it is that you can have a very different experience, depending on which approach you take when you're playing it.

With movie hangout, there's an interaction with the TV that allows you to call people together for a movie night, so that they'll actually sit. You can interact with people while you watch, including some romantic interactions for a couple movie night. You can also see thought bubbles telling you what the sims think of the movie as it goes along ("Hilarious!","Garbage!","So cheap!"). Sims sometimes cry when they're watching the movie. It also comes with a popcorn maker. You get additional flavors of popcorn if you have higher cooking skill. I also enjoy the colorful Boho fashions in CAS.

The thing I like most about Fitness Stuff is the contemporary minimalist furniture.

I enjoy taking my sims bowling when I remember that it's in my game. It's easy to forget about it though. The pack includes a new 5-level skill called Bowling.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited December 2022
    If you don't have Spa Day i find that good addition for snowy escape

or Dine Out so you could have japanese restaurant yet again if you do not have it

Outdoor Retreat... mmm idk I do adore stargazing and such but then again considering you do have tent in snowy escape idk if it adds much at this stage

fire pits? kinda useful too.

Jungle Adventure sure why not although i don't really see how i would use Snowy Escape and JA together i mean probably for some world traveller sim or occult thing

Wedding pack does have tea sipping which might provide useful in Japan concept but I'm also salty they didn't add japanese style tea set

wedding things fun too but the pack be buggy for most part so dunno if i can say I "recommend" it really

Werewolves can be used for kitsune fun so that again i do use with Snowy Escape but I mean yeah if you do not play occult don't get it

as for stuff

fitness I mostly just use to have my sims exercise via tv but i do feel like indoor climbing wall does go with concept of rock climbing from SE (even if it sadly does not increase rock climbing skill that would have made it more useful to have)

Bowling and movie dunno really since I don't have those yet but i suppose if you like either activity

as for stuff packs I like best that would be nifty knitting probably cause it just adds hobby you can do anywhere and I'm all for that

also paranormal if you like occult is fun little addition

backyard is mostly useless but it does have windchimes i like adding for my snowy escape homes

yeah idk i think whichever stuff pack interests you is probably just the best pick cause they're after all mostly about stuff

would probably look for indoor activity tho since snowy escape is all outdoorsy
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    @Simmingal Of course Im into spa day, Im into Zen..haha. meditation is great even in a game. Although more hair and clothing options would have been nice instead of all those fingernail options..but overall I like it. I heard that Dine out and Wedding stories are both bugged, like the bride and her father dont walk down the aisle properly or something. And the werewolves, IM just not wanting to become a werewolf, but if there are other cool things that this pack adds and yet doesnt require you to become a werewolf i might consider it. Bowling is meh, i dont care for it but its nice to have extra things to do in sims 4... I already have nifty nitting, paranormal and parenthood and a few more. I dont know what to get to be honest nothing really fits that well right now. Sounds to me like jungle adventure might be the best one, just to have a little vacation but I just bought snowy escape which offers a vacation in its on right so idk....maybe I will just try movie night thing..I have one last question....does the high school and college expansioons offer good things that you can use/interact with, or just add gameplay that doesnt require you to go to high school or college in person...I can always save that for later you know..for example good clothes, hairsttyles, build mode etc. And same question for Get to work, get famous, and the one that has you clean up the environment...do they add good elements to the game yet at the same time you dont have to engage in the main storyline of the expansion if you know what i mean...sorry for the misspellings i relly dont feel like fixing them right now..oh and sorry for all the questions, I could probably take the time to research this but im being lazy and just asking people that already may know lol, thanks
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Movie Night is okay. It’s one of those packs that you end up using all the time just for watching TV. It has some nice furniture and you can make an actual cinema, cinema room. It’s not game changing or anything but it has some nice furniture, the popcorn machine and it adds movies and the sims talk about the movies. On sale it’s good value.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    fitness I mostly just use to have my sims exercise via tv but i do feel like indoor climbing wall does go with concept of rock climbing from SE (even if it sadly does not increase rock climbing skill that would have made it more useful to have)

It does increase rock climbing skill. Maybe they recently patched it in.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    Movie Night is okay. It’s one of those packs that you end up using all the time just for watching TV. It has some nice furniture and you can make an actual cinema, cinema room. It’s not game changing or anything but it has some nice furniture, the popcorn machine and it adds movies and the sims talk about the movies. On sale it’s good value.
    Simmingal wrote: »

It does increase rock climbing skill. Maybe they recently patched it in.

it does? huh. interesting
    I'll have to check it out next time
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    movie hangout is worth it - it provides more gameplay than i initially expected with some good build/buy and cas items. you didn't mention kits and they're not on sale but blooming rooms goes well with both snowy escape and movie hangout.
    thanks for the info guys, looks like im going with movie hangout. might get the jungle adventure as well.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited December 2022
    I tried jungle adventure for one night and it looked really good and fun. I think it’s probably something you play for a couple of weeks maybe longer, and then you maybe go back to sparingly, unless you become obsessed with it. But it definitely seems like a fun short term experience.

It has some nice CAS with a few bits that I have used in general gameplay but overall I think most of it is for the theme, and you should definitely use it if you go to the jungle! Again it has some nice Build mode stuff that you can use generally, my sims use the couch from that pack, but most of it is to fit the theme.

It comes with 2 skills I believe, and if you have HSY, your sims will learn those skills in lessons sometimes.

For the other gamepacks, dine out is okay and not quite as bad as people say but on console there’s no mods to help you, your sims go to lunch at 1pm and haven’t finished by 2am. It does have nice build stuff and it’s cool to have restaurants but the pack has issues for sure - I think at the heart of it it’s a very good pack but it just doesn’t always work and lacks the options to be your own chef or have your family work together.

Weddings I barely touched but my experience of it was just a few more interactions than usual. Dream Home scores very high with builders and comes with great items but for gameplay I’m not sure it’s worth it - it’s basically build mode with some color restrictions and things.

Werewolves I have installed and besides from seeing some occasionally I wouldn’t even know it. The build and CAS aren’t my thing and unless you’re going to make a werewolf you won’t get much from it. I’m scared to go to their world in case I start something.

Vampires is a different story though, I’ve never been a vampire but I’m always seeing Vlad and Lilith and the guy in red, my sims have done vampire lore and discussed their fear of vampires and I sometimes see them prowling my house. It also has great build and buy for any gothic or rich builds. You can go to forgotten hollow without fear and while not the best world it has an interesting vibe because it’s usually much darker than other places. It also adds the Garlic and Plasma plants to your collection and some fun CAS features like scars.

Realm of Magic is somewhere in between - you notice the NPCs and CAS and Build Buy more than werewolves but not as much as vampires. If you’re not a magician and don’t live in Glimmerbrook you won’t really notice it much but it does add 2 new plants and potion making.

I haven’t gone too deep into the Outdoor retreat but it seems like it’s pretty much an earlier not quite as good version of jungle adventure. Batuu also fits this bill as something you do for a couple weeks then rarely go back. I actually like Batuu a lot but most do not and you should research that and watch trailers before buying.

Parenthood is the one that impacts general gameplay the most and is the best for family players. If you never raise kids then you don’t need it and if you often raise kids you should get it basically.

Strangerville i didn’t try yet. The only thing I used is the military career which is a nice look for sims. I think it looks good and it would be fun to play through and play around in but I hear it’s quite short lived. I think it brings some nice npcs though. People have very varying views on this, some rate it the best, some the worst and most somewhere in between.

Spa Day is fun and brings great bathrooms to the sims, better nails, yoga and meditate is a fun house skill and going to the spa is just a nice trip out. It’s my personal most used ones as I like the items a lot but not everyone feels this way and some get bored of it fast.

These are just my opinions :)
    @JustinB113 I bought Snowy Escape, Jungle adventure and Movie night or whatever it's called, I like Buddhism, Zen and Japanese style and philosophy so I think I will enjoy that pack quite well. I have Spa Day and it is a solid purchase, the Spa is a great place to build a club around. I wish that meditation gave you better buffs to your mood and mindset, it should produce mindfulness and you should not be bothered by circumstances nearly as much. Also, you should be generally happy and at peace with everything. Werewolves just don't interest me at this point, if I get really bored of the Sims 4 in the future, I might try that or vampires.
    But first I would try high school years and the college pack...they seem fun they just don't fit in with my playstyle at this point. I've had parenthood for a while and like it, although I don't think there is any consequences if your child/teen develops very badly in certain areas, I'm not sure though. I would actually enjoy outdoor retreat, but the price needs to be lower. And the Star Wars thing ...I've heard lots of bad stuff about that one and watched somebody play it on twitch...it actually didn't look too bad to play, but it was kind of weird.
    Stranger Ville is another one that i might would buy when i get bored. You should be able to make the van haunt estate a rentable place that is haunted and triggers the paranormal pack. The house has a empty top floor to be modified it would be perfect for placing the items from paranormal. Windenburg has two cafes, two nightclubs and two bars. It needs a rental house, and some of the bars/cafes should be replaced with a house or other lot type. But it's one of the best worlds in my opinion. I have dream home decorator but never used the career it might actually be fun; I'll try it one day. The Wedding pack would fit for me at this time, but for some reason I opted out not to buy it yet. I like the ones I got, Snowy Escape, Jungle Adventure and movie night, I think they fit my situation and will be moderately fun. I hope more expansions get released, and more kits that focus only on clothing and hairstyles. I have creations on the gallery if you want to check them out, search for thehiddenretturns, might be one t.....or try Alientusks, it might be A and T in caps. Or try Wade, or Liberty Wade, or Wade Family. I also made a nice edit of magnolia blossom the base game park in willow creek. I added more things to do, and made it look good, added a pond, more children activities adult activities, a small meditation area and garden area, so it's good for bringing a club too. I also added a bar and some pet items. I actually feel like I put too much stuff in it, it's a bit crowded so feel free to remove some things that are less important to you if you do check it out.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    @AlienTusks
    You mentioned that Spa Day should have more clothing, their is a kit called Throwback fitness kit that adds a few more pieces of workout clothes …..quite colorful. Also Fitness stuff adds some fitness clothes too.

If you like playing with children, kids room stuff pack adds a body size ‘game boy’ type video game with void critter cards. More children’s furniture and clothes and I believe hairstyles too. Toddler stuff adds some outdoor activities for toddlers, and even a play date feature and more clothes for them. I love backyard stuff, it has a lot of stuff to decorate your yard and a couple of water slides, it also comes with wind chimes and a bird feeder where you can interact with a bird briefly. My first pet stuff adds caged rodents ( children can actually use them for their homework ), and you can catch a rodent disease and even die if you don’t clean their cages. It also adds more furniture and outfits for cars and dogs,

I like both jungle adventure and outdoor retreat, they work well together. Outdoor retreat has a couple of tents, and also has a couple of ice chest that you can get yogurt and such out of. it also has folding chairs, and a folding table, I think it is kind of interesting you can read in the tent and learn recipes and such. OR also has outdoor stumps which work as a seat, and one as a table. It also offer rocks that do the same thing. It also has a couple of fire pits you can roast marshmallows over and such. It has new plants that you can make herbal remedies with by adding certain insects that you can catch there. It actually has an herbalism skill.

Movie kit is one I like a lot too….. I kind of like the boho furniture, and being able to watch ivies on tv. If you like kitchen appliances kitchen stuff adds an ice cream maker, and some of the ice creams can affect your sims…..

I think every stuff pack adds more hairstyles, more clothes and more furniture.

You talked about a pack that can clean up the environment l….. I assume you are talking about eco living. It is a good pack if you want your sims to live off of the grid, use less energy and stuff because it has solar panels and other things, and other things that help you with energy and water. It also has dumpster diving, and pollution. In each neighborhood you can go to one extreme or the other (clean or dirty, or stay at nuetral) by the types of wallpaper, floors, and some special objects you have on it ( solar panels, wind turbines etc. )I don’t like a couple of the NAP’s though. Luckily you can turn NAP’s off it you want to. It does have a nice community lot feature where the lot can be a marketplace, or a community garden, or a maker lot, which is nice. Like Get Famous it doesn’t really have enough lots in the pack though.

Island living also has a bit of an environmental aspect too. If you clean up the trash you can make the Island more beautiful. There is an active career, that can help you with this in that pack.
    @SheriSim57 Thank you for the long post that thoroughly touches on many different things in the sims 4. I already know much of it, but some of it I did not. I actually already have the kids' room and toddler stuff because quite simply the game was lacking in clothes and hairstyles for your children. I didn't know about the play data. And I have kitchen stuff, which has that diet ice cream that removes excess weight quickly I both love and hate that feature. And I bought a good combo pack for 49 dollars not long ago, it was cottage living, dream home decorator and my pet stuff all in one...However, the rodents were bugged for me and never got hungry, there enclosure always said hunger level was ok, when that kind of realism is removed i loss interest completely and I just deleted them (the rodents not the packs lol). And yes, I was talking about eco living the pack that some love and tithers not so much. I know of it and some of its gameplay elements, it's not very interesting to me, although I think I would enjoy it if I as bored with the sims. Just lik stranger Ville. And they added clothes to cats and dogs yea the only cool item from the hat selection is the black top hat, the rest are awkward and even cover up most of the cat's face and not to mention thetes only about 5 total to choose from. But its not all bad, it has some nice clothing that I use sometimes. I think I've just about bought everything that is of my type of gameplay, except high school and college, they would be interesting but at this time I would have to abandonee my family in order to play it. So its a no on that one for now. Thank you though for the information and time that you put into it.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    You asked about Get to Work and Get Famous (I don't have Eco Lifestyle). I'll give you the low down for future reference. Get to work comes with four careers: business owner, cop, doctor, scientist. I enjoy the careers, but if I'm not playing one of them, it really doesn't add much to the game. So it's not a good all-around game play pack.

Get Famous is different. It adds fame and reputation. Reputation applies to everyone. It's kind of like Seasons in that sense. Based on whether you direct your sim to be nice or mean to other sims, their reputation goes up and down. If you've cultivated a nice sim, other sims are excited to see them, they get an immediate relationship boost when they meet new people. If you have maximum reputation, you can throw a charity gala. If you have a sim that you direct to be mean, their bad reputation causes people to be frightened of them, and they can make instant enemies when they meet new people if their reputation is bad enough. For me, I love it when sim behaviors have consequences, and it wouldn't be the same game without reputation. Fame is also a good all-around feature, because you can earn fame through so many activities, not just the skills that come with Get Famous. You can become a famous writer, painter, photographer, comedian, musician. Most of the base game hobbies can earn you fame. There's also a fame perk tree where you can spend fame points on special advantages.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
    edited December 2022
    @Eleri Well the way you explained that Get famous sound decent. And Im somewhat familiar about how get to work lets you actually go to the job and have experiences and interactions. Snowy Escape allthough I havent really got into it yet was probably a good buy for me because I have respect for japanese culture and buddhism and zen, thats one reason spa days interested me and i got it. Does get famous have a good world? If i remember correctly I saw a youtube video on it and they said it only had like 4 lots and it was fairly bad. So thats a con...

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    The Get Famous world Del Sol Valley is small, but has 3 hoods with a total of 3+5+3 lots. I think it is a decent world, and the hoods are slightly diverse, within the get famous prospect. The community lots I find a tad boring, but that is because there were built with only GF and base game in mind. With Spa pack you can say add a spa to the gym, and with Dine Out pack one can add a suitable restaurant. Retail would open for some fashion stores or perhaps moviestar poster store etc. I think classes get bold in this world - you can use a guard to accept only so and so famous ppl into the establishment. This can also be used in other worlds, of course. I like the vibe of the different hoods, and even if you don't play superstars it might work fine as a vacation destination.

I think the reason so many dislike the world is that when it launched we had no swimming or beach hood/world in the game, and many saw the lack of beach side lots in Del Sol Valley (there is a beach but you can't go there) was a wasted opportunity. Now that we have both Sulani and Tartosa, I don't see that beach sentiment as very important.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg