Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses please

2...Next

Comments

• SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    There have been tons of hints this year for horses. Why put them in cottage living when they can market an entire pack around them? I think there is a strong possibility of a horses GP this summer.

I hope you are right. A farm pack would be great. Or even a medieval adventure type pack would be fun. Maybe it could work like the star wars pack where you travel to somewhere that has everyone dressed a certain way.
    The little horse toys are cute. Still hoping for actual horses, saddles, saddlebags, saddle stands, etc.
  • katelynmnkatelynmn Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes please! I still play Sims3 for this reason! Please bring back a horses pack! Barns, racing, jumping, maybe some long trail exploration, an option to befriend and tame a wild horse. Please please please!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    With Wagon Trail, Stagecoach, Hayrides, Horseback Riding, Unicorns and an Olden Days Western World please. ;):p
  • cammeray552cammeray552 Posts: 25 Member
    They should have been included in Cottage Living 🐴
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    I can’t wait for the sims 4 to add horses too
  • shayannegpshayannegp Posts: 22 Member
    I would love if they add horses in The Sims 4, but I don't think it would makes sense, as it doesn't makes sense add cars. In the case we only have open areas, to ride a horse or a car the same way we use the bikes, for me, it's totally expendable
    I personally think adding cars, even for appearance and interactions (like sitting in the car to listen to music or get out of the heat, working on cars together as a social interaction) would be cool.
  • Branwen84Branwen84 Posts: 40 Member
    shayannegp wrote: »
    I would love if they add horses in The Sims 4, but I don't think it would makes sense, as it doesn't makes sense add cars. In the case we only have open areas, to ride a horse or a car the same way we use the bikes, for me, it's totally expendable

I really don't think horses and cars are alike in this sense - in the modern world, riding a horse is more like walking a dog than like driving a car. And ts4 may not be fully open-world like ts3 was, but it's not as limited as ts2 in that sense, either - it's semi-open-world. We can't control our sims while moving from one lot to another, but we *can* have them move around somewhat outside the current lot. Because of this, I think that horses would make sense, but cars wouldn't.
    Branwen84 wrote: »
    shayannegp wrote: »

I really don't think horses and cars are alike in this sense - in the modern world, riding a horse is more like walking a dog than like driving a car. And ts4 may not be fully open-world like ts3 was, but it's not as limited as ts2 in that sense, either - it's semi-open-world. We can't control our sims while moving from one lot to another, but we *can* have them move around somewhat outside the current lot. Because of this, I think that horses would make sense, but cars wouldn't.

I agree. Horseback riding can be done for socializing (riding in a group) or just blowing off steam. It might be like going for a jog or a run. Something to do for fun. And there can be different horse personalities and traits. Like "hates being ridden". I had a horse like that. He would try to scrape people off on the eaves of the barn or on low hanging branches-- he didn't like to obey instructions on where to go. The vet's son got on his back and he wasn't having it. He sat down so the guy rolled off him backwards. Guy said "That won't happen again" and got back on. He leaned forward so the horse knelt and put his head down to dump the guy off. Most extreme was going up next to the SUV leaning against it, and rolling to scrape a rider off. Needless to say, people didn't ride him much. He did tolerate children on his back so long as they let him go wherever he wanted.

As an aside, I think it would be cool to add bulls to the game. For bull-riding & to create calves.
  • Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    If they give us horses then they absolutely need to give us unicorns alongside with it, and please give us the ability to customize and create in CAS, they were pretty much impossible to get in the sims 3 unless you used cheats.
    t0j4i8.jpg
    I agree on unicorns. I also hope we can get saddlebags and horse armor.
    So, has anyone else heard rumors that the simgurus have been dropping horsey hints? I saw some youtube videos but I'm not sure. Would love for this to be a thing.