Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long do your loading screens usually take?

Just wondering what people's experience is. I notice some people find loading screens very intrusive and others don't care at all.

This is about the loading screen to travel to another lot or enter a household from Manage Worlds, not the loading screen to boot up the game.

Feel free to post details about your computer, whether you use mods or cc, whether you have different results on a long-running save vs a new save.

How long do your loading screens usually take? 96 votes

Under 10 seconds
36%
Bluegaylebshag4lvrudolphaleighemcruddSnuffyBucketsimgirl1010friendlysimmersDarkLady2788Wndblwzashcrash19RamblineRoseduhboy2u2emerekiwi84FreddyFox1234CAPTAIN_NXR7Karababy52RedDestiny92DoodlyDoofus 35 votes
10-30 seconds
35%
Akl500PIcewolfTheSpotted_CjustChrisUkyesme88PeachesnDucksSerraNolwenfreindlylolNRoweloubylouloumonjr8302LoriTSpbenson2006SelinaKylesMissmagoo2viola-illyriacyncieAlanSimsRinellieHopeyStarr 34 votes
30 seconds-1 minute
13%
NinoosimMirichaphantasmkissLeccaDoloresGreyOnverserEmo-usagi2187EnkiSchmidtHillyBethDaniRose2143joRN1414mrs_starkeySERVERFRA 13 votes
1 to 2 minutes
8%
jonilla1taydevbecks1112Winifred_WillowAtreya33RySBIHeathertibbluciusstorm 8 votes
Over 2 minutes
6%
SimmervilleKatiardguezReaganboganRay_TraceTammorsNolaHexem 6 votes

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,826 Member
    10-30 seconds
    I have a 3-year-old laptop, not a gaming laptop.
    No mods/cc.
    There's a slight increase in loading screen time with my oldest save which is 1 1/2 years old. That's also the save with the most played households.

Most loading screens are actually about 15 seconds for me. But leaving the Fashion District always takes around 45 seconds.
    Maybe it's the crater?
    Maybe no one ever wants to leave the Fashion District?
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited September 2022
    Under 10 seconds
    I mean I have never counted but I don't think I ever particularily had time to count with ts4

could be over 10 seconds though like yeah 30 seconds still sounds rather fast gone by to me

don't use mods or cc tho so thats probably it

and yeah gallery sometimes takes ridiculous loading time but i don't use it much anyway

with ts3 i be literally knitting while waiting the loading screens they take like half a day so that may also make ts4 ones feel that much faster :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Under 10 seconds
    I’m on PS5 and it’s very fast. PS4 was slow but generally now it’s usually under 10 and almost always under 30 seconds.

With the Star Wars pack, I noticed due to the song loading screen that loading was probably supposed to take longer than it does, the song barely starts up and it’s over.
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,601 Member
    1 to 2 minutes
    I have a twitchy old laptopand mods and cc, one of which increases my npc population which probably adds to the load times. I'm used to it being a bit sluggish.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 499 Member
    Under 10 seconds
    I don't use mods or cc, but I do always make sure to save the game before I travel anywhere. If I don't save the game, it takes quite a long time. But if I do save it first, it's pretty quick and doesn't bother me at all. My current game is nearly two years old and my computer is about four years old.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    1 to 2 minutes
    I play on a 5 year old laptop with a lot of the packs installed but barely any mods and no cc. Loading screens seem to vary a bit but I'd say between 1 and 2 minutes. It can interrupt gameplay quite a bit.
    I don't use mods or cc, but I do always make sure to save the game before I travel anywhere. If I don't save the game, it takes quite a long time. But if I do save it first, it's pretty quick and doesn't bother me at all. My current game is nearly two years old and my computer is about four years old.

I will try saving before travelling next time. I hope it can help.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    10-30 seconds
    On my Acer Nitro 10-30 secs.
    On my Macbook less than 10 seconds
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2022
    30 seconds-1 minute
    Longer than I thought, I have a good modern laptop but I do have a pretty big 3.2gb mod folder with overrides for all of the world textures so that probably makes it slower. It took 49 seconds to go from the main menu into the game, 30 seconds to change lots for me.

Edit: Without mods it took 30 seconds to load into the game, 13 seconds to change lots
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    30 seconds-1 minute
    40 seconds in my longest running save from 2018
    10 seconds in a side save played for 22 ingame days

6 years old desktop, internet off when playing

little cc, game set to "pause on zone", "no loading scroll autonomy" mod, no culling allowed, relationship decay set to 10% and I cull manually only (meaning the game has many relationships per sim to track), usually full inventories, neighborhood stories are off... some of those factors probably lenghten my loading times
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,621 Member
    10-30 seconds
    Mods make the difference for me. I play on a fairly new Dell laptop with upgraded video card. Without mods in, it loads the travel screens in under 10 secs. With them, it loads in 10-30 seconds. I see the biggest difference in the start up load, though.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    10-30 seconds
    One time on my very old laptop it took about 30 mins, was able to watch an entire episode from The Office before it loaded. My sim had lots of Items in their inventory and a her relationship tab was filled with sooo many sims. After she was moved to a new save, it loaded asap
  • IlikebuildingIlikebuilding Posts: 41 Member
    Under 10 seconds
    When I first got Sims 4 I was using an i3 PC with just 8GB RAM. I managed to load 3 expansions, each one making loading etc., run slower, until eventually it would often freeze, and in the end would not even Save. I stopped playing and uninstalled it. I now use a powerful i7 PC. Downloaded the game, added more expansions, and it works fine. A bit laggy at times. But nothing frustrating. The moral is, as many above say, the better the system it's running on, the faster it is.
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    10-30 seconds
    Before I got my gaming PC: anything from 10 seconds to a few minutes, depending on the number of mods installed.
    After my new gaming PC: about 10-30 seconds but it's a heavily modded game.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited September 2022
    Under 10 seconds
    I always get to see only one tip, as soon as the second one loads then the game loads before I can read it ;) My laptop is going on 6 years old now.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    10-30 seconds
    I can't say for sure, it's not long, but it still irritates the snot out me

I played Second Life for about 9 years and to "teleport" to any other region besides the one you were in, you would hit a loading screen, that didn't irritate me like TS4 because the differences was you could freely walk, move around, and interact with the entire world that your avatar was on. Only hit a loading screen when moving to a new world.

So yeah, having to sit through a loading screen (even if it's only for 10-30 seconds) to go visit the bar, restaurant, or my neighbor's house that is literally 5 tiles away from my sim's house is 100% percent immersion breaking! (and before someone corrects me, I'm talking about actually being able to interact at those venues or with the sim who lives there, I don't mean just freely walking to stand in front of the building).
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    10-30 seconds
    I got curious, so I went into my game. No CC or mods, 8th generation on the current save, barely any other played households, and a nicely furnished lot with a decent amount of clutter. It took my 4 year old PC 12 seconds to load the household directly from the main menu (clicking "continue game") I don't think the loading screens ever get that much longer, and they don't really annoy me. What annoys me more (and makes me keep my sims at home more than in previous games) is having to split the household and leave a few sims unplayed when I want only one or two sims to go to a different lot.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited September 2022
    Under 10 seconds
    12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz
    GTX 970

No mods
    Post edited by Bluegayle on
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited September 2022
    10-30 seconds
    Could be under 10 seconds, but not sure. With my new(ish) gaming laptop it's very fast.
    I don't use any mods.

ASUS TUF GAMING 17 FX706 17,3"
    Intel® Core™ i5-11400H processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti
    16 GB DDR4 RAM, 1024 GB SSD
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Under 10 seconds
    SSD for the win
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    10-30 seconds
    On my then 5 year old potato laptop, it seemed to take forever. Last year I bought a goodish gaming laptop that I saved up for forever, and now it takes about 15 seconds to load to the lot after hitting "resume game" or whatever from the main menu. I do play a heavily modded game with lots of mods and LOTS of cc and most but not all packs not including kits, of which I have only 3.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Over 2 minutes
    On my PS4 if the save is old/big or the lot is large like a mansion decorated using all the packs I can expect a 2 minute load time.
    This summer I was ready to get a PS5 then my cat had an ulcer in her eye, and had a heart scare that required a 500 echocardiogram.... Basically bought 4 or 5 ps5 trying to save the eye that ended up being removed. Cats ok, the eye is gone and the heart is good enough<3 I'll get the PS5 one day.I still enjoy the game and I'd like to keep playing for a couple more years...it's just time for an upgrade!
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    10-30 seconds
    Definitely a lot quicker after I uped my RAM recently, but still within the 10 to 30 second range.

The greatest benefit is when I finally load onto the lot there is much less lag.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    30 seconds-1 minute
    I don't mind it providing me with enough multitasking while I wait for it to complete because it contains a ton of mod and custom content and requires about a minute to load.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Under 10 seconds
    I play on a gaming PC a few years old, Windows 10, SSD drive, 16gb ram, i7 CPU (I think, I can't remember the generation), gtx 1080 GPU.

My average load screens are 8 - 14 seconds, sometimes a few more, sometimes a few less.
    I own most EPs but one, many GPs, most SPs, some Kits. I do not own Wedding Stories or High School, both of which seem to have been reported as excessively buggy.

Mods/CC: None

Graphics Setting: Highest

Online: Yes, for the Gallery

Telemetry: On

Aging: Off

Autonomy: On

Neighborhood stories: Off

NAPs: Off

Fame: Off currently but sometimes on

Manage Worlds Sim Count: Unlimited

Households: Too many to count

Age of Saved Game: About six years

For the last couple of months I have been playing offline and have not patched since Werewolves.
    #Team Occult