Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Rather... Create-A-Style, Create-A-World, or Open World?

As the title says...

I much prefer Open World. o:)
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

Would You Rather... Create-A-Style, Create-A-World, or Open World? 81 votes

Create-A-Style
13%
bshag4lvsimgirl1010cchant86g01denswansimsinmysleepblueyblueskyChuChuExpressSheriSim57NikkihL33tP33tNWRySBI 11 votes
Create-A-World
50%
crocobauraalexspoom13alan650111rudolphadanacnbrettSnuffyBucketAncientMuseCarmineKikiSparks1209CAPTAIN_NXR7EnkiSchmidtLiELFMDianaSimsEgonVMChesster_WammyCattyBetsyjoRN1414Atreya33Chicklet453681Laira 41 votes
Open World
22%
Colorist40mcruddfreindlylolwylmite1986goodcakebaker62DarkLady2788catloverplayerakaniki0Lustianiciataydevspice3texxx78HopeyStarrlogioncoogee78JustinB113Ray_TraceFatTribble23 18 votes
Justine Keaton
13%
Ninoosimduhboy2u2phantasmkissSweetieWright_84SelinaKylescyncieKathykinsDoodlyDoofusColton147147DaniRose2143Kimmer 11 votes

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Justine Keaton
    Always Justine Keaton
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Open World
    Out of the three (four lol) options, I would rather open world. At the very least open neighborhoods to make the world feel more alive than just walkbys and festivals.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Create-A-World
    I missed the option of creating your own world that Sims 2 had.
    I would still want what we have, where we can visit the other worlds like we have now, but also have the option to create our own as well.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    Justine Keaton
    I liked open world in TS3, but even though I resisted TS4 loading screens at first, I don’t think I’d want to go back to that. Even with smaller worlds, because of the ability to travel between them, I think TS4 actually feels bigger and more diverse. Especially if you have quite a few packs. I would like open neighborhoods. In a world with 5 lots, I shouldn’t need a load screen to take my sim across the street to the neighbor’s house.

I do miss CaST somewhat. You could create weathered looks, change the material something was made of and completely customize everything. I do not miss the length of time it took all that to render, though.

I never used CaW at all, but did download some nice user created worlds from the exchange. It was a nightmare getting lots to fit them, though, unless you were building from scratch, which I never do

So, Justine Keaton.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    Open World
    I would actually prefer open neighborhoods to open world. It bugs me that my sims can't visit next door neighbors without a loading screen, but loading screens to other neighborhoods or worlds is acceptable to me.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Justine Keaton
    Just give me back my plumbob-forsaken color wheel and I'll never complain about loading screens to visit next door again.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    Create-A-Style

I had to flip a coin between create-a-style and open world. CaSt won, but I’m still not sure. 🤔
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Open World
    I've gotten used to not having any, but open world is what I miss most! The loading screens are often very tedious (especially when simply visiting a lot next door or across the street)... I missed Create A Style for awhile when the game first launched, but have adapted to not having it, especially since swatches have gotten much better, with more variety. Also, it's much easier to furnish lots without the overwhelming options of design... though, it also didn't help that Sims 3's default swatches seem like they were purposely made to be ugly, which would essentially "force" us to feel the need to use CAST every way possible (since it was a major selling point of the game).
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Open World
    I would actually prefer open neighborhoods to open world. It bugs me that my sims can't visit next door neighbors without a loading screen, but loading screens to other neighborhoods or worlds is acceptable to me.

THIS! I completely agree! I think this could be a reasonable compromise, honestly. It's mostly the loading screens to visit a lot next door or across the street that truly bother me.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,181 Member
    Justine Keaton
    Create a world and open world are great and all. But Justine Keaton's beauty is matched only by Sexy Linda.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Open World
    I never played earlier games but I like the look of create a style. I don’t particularly like the idea of creating a world personally. I do kinda like the idea of open world but not knowing how it worked before I can’t really say.

What id really like is to have say San Myshuno be completely open and I can just walk to the other districts or into a gym without a loading screen. But I don’t mind loading screens to get to a different world altogether.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Create-A-World
    I voted Create-A- World because I loved that feature in Sims 2.

And Colton-can you please stop with the Justine Keaton thing? It was funny the first 2 times,but now it's just coming off as creepy.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Create-A-World
    Not a fan of open world or create a style but I did use one of the blank world templates in Sims 2 to make my own world and enjoyed it.
    #Team Occult
  • CarmineCarmine Posts: 84 Member
    Create-A-World
    Chiming in to agree that I'd prefer open neighborhoods to open world. That being said, what I'd really like best is CAW back. Using player made cities is so fun, and I'm running out of room on EA's, lol.

Create-A-Style was really nice for sure, but if it really comes down to it, I can just make recolors of whatever I want myself. Not convenient, but I can deal. And with Open World, all I can think about is how long it took to travel in TS3, and the time my child sim got home at like 2 am because she was walking home from a friend's house. If (big "if") they can refine it, I wouldn't mind it back
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited September 2022
    Create-A-World
    Did I use heck ton of create a style in ts3? yeah

do i miss it sometimes? sure

would it absolutely drive me insane having to pick all the swatches myself every freaking item in the game because presets are usually horrible? yes.

so really i don't need it i just need objects to have better swatches to begin with

open world i definitely do not want for multiple reasons maybe like open neighborhood if one must but like i hated how it was always struggle to hunt sims down in ts3 and since i play multiple households now it would just kind of destroy my gameplay cause how am i supposed to pretend sims are not just out there doing whatever behind my back

create a world? well not only would it totally change nothing if you just don't use it which is nice

I also sometimes wish i could make or at least edit worlds

like ran out of space in forgotten hollow? just create additional forgotten hollow style world n so forth

most i wish though i could just make small edits like mailbox glitched off lot? remove it.

apartment hallway has ugly wallpaper? change it.

that kinda stuff
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited September 2022
    Create-A-World
    I really miss the options we had to edit the world like we could in sims 2 and 3. The sims 4 was actually a huge step backwards to the sims 1 era when it comes to flexibility because we can't even add lots.

I don't miss open worlds because I really prefer being able to travel between locations that come with different packs. Having multiple sims in a household spread over the area was a pain. And the lag when I zoomed from one to another was really annoying. An open neighbourhood would be a good middle ground.

I don't need create a style, just a colour wheel would be enough. I really need one for hairs. After the skintone sliders and the make up sliders, the hairs feel really basic with a color wheel.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited September 2022
    Create-A-Style
    Create a style is what I miss most. I loved being able to have furniture colors and patterns match, be able to create many colors for hairs and eyes, and many colors and patterns of fashions.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited September 2022
    Open World
    It really depends on what kind of features we could get. They all have advantages and disadvantages.

If we assume that Create-A-World will be closed off worlds like The Sims 4, then I think I would prefer open world. You can kinda create a world or customize your neighborhood in The Sims 4 with TOOL, even replace houses and trees in the background and put other houses and trees there but I never found it very interesting to be honest. It would be nice to be able to add more lots but even then, the lots will be closed off and empty. Having an open neighborhood would maybe work better, it depends how large the neighborhood will be and what you are able to customize.

I have never liked the game mechanic in The Sims 4 where the game has to remove everything and load everything again when you want to travel somewhere, and the sims that you are not playing can't do anything except being told to train on their skills or something. If it was an open world mechanic instead the game could remove and keep assets around the player (which is kinda how open world games like GTA5 works, you play in a "bubble", the game removes and loads assets like textures around the player).

I think Create-A-Style will be too demanding and require too much textures to load, but adding a color wheel is probably possible.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Create-A-World

If -in the unlikely event- Maxis was to flutter by one mysterious night and visit me at my gently glowing campsite and whisper to me:

"Captain, Our Dearest and Bravest of Humblest Men... Since not long ago, your desires for Werebeasts and Body Hair came as true as the burning twinkle in your fearsome eyes, we can only grant you one last wish for a sims 4 feature. What, Oooh what, shall it be? Fixing the game is not an option."

I would respond:

"Well now Maxis, that’s a little unfair because technically Werebeasts and bodyhair are sort of one and the same thing: one couldn’t possibly exist without the other, so I should at least get my second wish before I get my third and last wi…"

And with a BOOMING voice Maxis was to interrupt:

"CAPTAIN OUR PATIENCE IS WEARING THIN!! MAKE A WISH NOW OR BREAK CAMP, BOARD YOUR SHIP AND FLY OFF!!

Well, in that case I would humbly mumble:

"Create - A - World."

• ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Create-A-Style
    Create a Style. I'm missing the various material types and patterns that you could use to decorate your sim's clothes and objects.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,811 Member
    Justine Keaton
    You can call it being indecisive, greedy even, but I can't decide on just one and honestly I want all three.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited September 2022
    Justine Keaton
    Open World is the only one that I definitely DON'T want.
  • CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    Create-A-World
    I doubt I could be a good world maker myself, but I'm definitely interested to see what others come up with.

My second choice would probably be Create-A-Style.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Create-A-Style
    I don't care much about create a world and open world made the Sims 3 as slow as molasses in winter, so no I don't want to go back to that. I picked create a style because EA couldn't be trusted to make ANYTHING match! The best thing in Sims 3 was the create a style and then, we get nothing...not anything matches up in decor or in building anything. Gah!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.