Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play style?

2...Next

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    Micromanage everything my sims do. I am in full control!
    I have my whole world set up just as I want it and they do what I want them to do. I still *try* to play the way I did in Sims 2 as much as possible. I set it so that a few families could have children or adopt pets and they went crazy with it, so I'm thinking about resetting to my backup and not doing that again. lol
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    You bet I micromanage those pixels, if I didn't, they would be playing in the rain during a thunderstorm, eating orange sorbet for breakfast, run from computer to tv and back again. I just try to keep them focused. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 297 Member
    Let my sims be as free as I can. Only micromanage when necessary.
    Thrior wrote: »
    I don't like to micromanage or "force stories". I tend to use autonomy/whims as a guide (I have mods improving both) and also roll with unexpected things that happen in the game. I often actually just observe what my sims do. And sure, sometimes they can be huge idiots but I find them amusing/endearing.

Other times I do have a pretty clear idea of how I’m going to roleplay a sim but it might change, heavily influenced by whatever shenanigans happen in the game. For example, I was going to play my first TS4 couple as very faithful but then BOTH of them accidentally started a romantic interest relationship because I didn't realize certain interactions were romantic. I just decided to roll with it and RP them as a couple who have a mutual open-ish relationship, i.e. flirting around is allowed but nothing more serious. I’m now glad this happened because it opened the door for some later hilarity like the husband having a love-hate thing with the Grim Reaper.

Not to say I don't micromanage at all. I'll intervene if I don't feel good about what's going on e.g. a sim behaving too out of character. Because while I am pretty open for developments and my sims might go into different directions from what was originally planned (like in the earlier example), there's still a certain basis I'll hold onto. Plus I'll happily do stuff like intentionally sabotaging the character values lol.
    I don't like to micromanage or "force stories". I tend to use autonomy/whims as a guide (I have mods improving both) and also roll with unexpected things that happen in the game. I often actually just observe what my sims do. And sure, sometimes they can be huge idiots but I find them amusing/endearing.

Other times I do have a pretty clear idea of how I’m going to roleplay a sim but it might change, heavily influenced by whatever shenanigans happen in the game. For example, I was going to play my first TS4 couple as very faithful but then BOTH of them accidentally started a romantic interest relationship because I didn't realize certain interactions were romantic. I just decided to roll with it and RP them as a couple who have a mutual open-ish relationship, i.e. flirting around is allowed but nothing more serious. I’m now glad this happened because it opened the door for some later hilarity like the husband having a love-hate thing with the Grim Reaper.

Not to say I don't micromanage at all. I'll intervene if I don't feel good about what's going on e.g. a sim behaving too out of character. Because while I am pretty open for developments and my sims might go into different directions from what was originally planned (like in the earlier example), there's still a certain basis I'll hold onto. Plus I'll happily do stuff like intentionally sabotaging the character values lol.

I like to write stories but just like when I write when I play the sims 4 I like to have an idea of the storyline I want to tell but I realize the characters could take it in different directions, so while I may set the stage, it’s more fun to me to let them be more free in their choices and outcomes to see how it all plays out. I don’t like the idea of being in control of everything. Where’s the excitement or surprises along the way if everything is foretold?
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,900 Member
    Other; i do a sorta simulated macrosociological utopia. My played sims are all left to their 'freewill' BUT very detailed w regards to personality and style. First when i do a new save, i do the civil engineer, building one by one. Then i do sim real estate and setup all the sims in the all the neighbourhoods. When i make a new save i used to delete all townies and start with an empty city. I did this 3 times, and this time i kept as many OG sims as i could. Blending in to keep a more diverse Funkytown. Last time last year when i did my previous game i found out how to selectively place skilled sims in the restaurant, a happy coincidence ! This way i was able to place Max and Caroline in the Williamsburg diner in San Myshuno :p
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I’m very ocd, I have to micromanage EVERYTHING
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Actually, half & half is good so that it gives my sims a bit of a balance while still being able to mostly control them. ;)
  • FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 503 Member
    I try to control everything that happens in my Sims’ world. Autonomy is off, ageing is off - my Sims can’t even grow up without my permission! After trying out neighbourhood stories for a while I turned that off completely too - I didn’t like the changes that were happening even to Sims I had no intention of ever playing!
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited September 2022
    Micromanaging with occasional acceptance of random accidents. For example my sim didn’t vibe with the guy I made for her and I take it as a sign.

Currently I’m paying with an alien teen orphan and I wanted her to go to prom with Rohan form Britechester (she is loner just like him), but he didn’t like the fact that she was an alien. It’s random thing, some seems will be get double pluses in friendship after discovery and some will be pretty negative. So he was the latter and unfortunately I made her erased his memory and she ended up going as friends with random guy with cats ears. So this is level of randomness that is pretty common in my game.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    It actually depends. Most of the time I do want to control them as much as I can. But if I don't know what they should do I just let them do their own thing.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I’m definitely a micromanager, lol.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Extreme micromanagement for me, though autonomy is off by necessity, not choice. Still, everything I do is predetermined. All my characters I already know what their partners/spouses are like and who they should be friends with or who they should be enemies with.
    A1hnP0t.png