Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play style?

What’s your play style?

Play style? 89 votes

Micromanage everything my sims do. I am in full control!
68%
bshag4lvNh6650Alexailisamwittjonilla1Isb917PeachesnDucksmaggiemae8135AnmirlaFlashMarkerNRowewylmite1986loubyloulouNinoosimAncientMuseLustianiciaMalalupisMirichaCarmineduhboy2u2 61 votes
Let my sims be as free as I can. Only micromanage when necessary.
31%
GalacticGalLaBlue0314SamadamsPlayerMi9shaoscaryesme88BoergeAarg61cchant86DarkLady2788Rachel580SdnPlyr8spice3SajahiLoriTSpcyncieEdieApplebyLoves2draw1812aujinehBren91Colton147147DaniRose2143 28 votes

Comments

• Whitedove52355Whitedove52355 Posts: 34 Member
    I micromanage everything. If I don't they do dumb stuff.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Well I micro manage my main sims, but I let the rest of the household just manage themselves unless they are a main sim too.

So in one apartment I had a son and his mom who are both main sims and I micromanaged both of them and the whole apartment really.

And in another I have a mom/son/daughter but only the daughter is a main sim so she is micromanaged and the others are just having random tantrums and disturbing her all the time and using the toilet when she needs to go 😂
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    Other: Mostly micromanage but occasionally give them free rein.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Other: half micromanage, half free will to do as they please!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member
    Used to be opposite, but got bored :P
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    I'm halfway in between. I like letting my game stay on speed 1 unless everyone is asleep or at work. I manage plenty, but pressing pause is a bit of an interruption, so I don't like to micromanage so much that I have to hit pause all the time.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    When I get bored of forcing my current Sims to be happy and successful, I intend to make a save called "Chaos," in which every option including story progression is on, and I only get to control one Sim. MWAHAHAHAHA-gasp-HAHAHA!!!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    My sims just don't know what's best for them...
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Face it, they're idiots. I have freewill turned on, and I'm constantly having to keep them from doing something stupid.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I'm a-skeered to let them run free.... :#
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    no autonomy in this kingdom
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Somewhere in the middle. I do a lot of micromanaging but not constantly
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited September 2022
    I’m afraid I micromanage my sims. Often I will put my game on hold to que up a list for each sim. I do leave free will on though, so occasionally I do get to see some cute and funny things that happen when I haven’t cued up something because I was paying more attention to another sim in the household.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited September 2022
    I don't like to micromanage or "force stories". I tend to use autonomy/whims as a guide (I have mods improving both) and also roll with unexpected things that happen in the game. I often actually just observe what my sims do. And sure, sometimes they can be huge idiots but I find them amusing/endearing.

Other times I do have a pretty clear idea of how I’m going to roleplay a sim but it might change, heavily influenced by whatever shenanigans happen in the game. For example, I was going to play my first TS4 couple as very faithful but then BOTH of them accidentally started a romantic interest relationship because I didn't realize certain interactions were romantic. I just decided to roll with it and RP them as a couple who have a mutual open-ish relationship, i.e. flirting around is allowed but nothing more serious. I’m now glad this happened because it opened the door for some later hilarity like the husband having a love-hate thing with the Grim Reaper.

Not to say I don't micromanage at all. I'll intervene if I don't feel good about what's going on e.g. a sim behaving too out of character. Because while I am pretty open for developments and my sims might go into different directions from what was originally planned (like in the earlier example), there's still a certain basis I'll hold onto. Plus I'll happily do stuff like intentionally sabotaging the character values lol.
    Post edited by Thrior on
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited September 2022
    If I had to describe my playstyle, it would be this gif:
    puppetmaster-freshprinceofbelair.gif

In all seriousness, I use MCCC's control and tuning modules a lot.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    When my grown daughter first introduced me to this game, she told me the pause button was my friend. I agree. But she also advised me to not use autonomy on. Face/palm As I grew better at playing (since Sims2 really was my first true introduction to electronic games) I learned that I missed out on so much due to having autonomy shut off. I now use it fully ON. I like playing large households. This way I can focus on the "Main" character, and only pause and queue up what is necessary for the rest of the household. I'm having much more fun playing this way. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    I play with autonomy on. I do direct general outcomes, but I want my sims to make choices and do things that they want. I will intervene if their choices are out of character for my vision of their personalities, dangerous, or not consistent with my overall story. I’ve found that once a sim has some guided experience, picks up some hidden traits, and gains some extra reward traits to round out their personality, they will act fairly consistently. For example, when Morgyn watches a movie, he consistently loves the lost puppy one, and dislikes the zombie one. If we ever get zombies in the game, it’s going to be epic. When he goes to GeekCon, he will play some games or turn the big TV on to watch a movie, but if Cosplayers get too chummy, he’s out of there and I’ll find him across the street at the karaoke bar. Those types of things make them seem much more alive, to me.
  • EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    I try to build houses based on the fact that stupid sims will do stupid things. So I don't have to micromanage too much, like locking doors to rooms I don't want them going into, having a dishwasher so they don't walk in on dad in the bathroom, no empty spaces on shelves, but empty surfaces for pizza and cakes.

Just a bunch of little rules. but my favorite is having outdoor dining and music so visitors never come inside the house unless it's one at a time, because, they'll eat breakfast or premade birthday cakes and just generally ruin everything. Like "I don't want you washing plates and taking out the trash, my teen ages up in a few days, and I need those chores for character values, y'know".

• RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    When I get bored of forcing my current Sims to be happy and successful, I intend to make a save called "Chaos," in which every option including story progression is on, and I only get to control one Sim. MWAHAHAHAHA-gasp-HAHAHA!!!

That sounds GREAT! I can't imagine what it'd be like to play with Wants/Fears AND Lifestyles on at the same time (I turned Lifestyles off for my main save ages ago) - must be pure CHAOS!! Mwahaaa! :D
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,809 Member
    I used to be a total control freak. Now there days where I’m really hands on if I’m looking for something in particular for screenshots. Some actions they’ll never do autonomously, that’s where I step in. Mostly I watch, take screenshots, and see how they go about bringing my story to life. I love it when they surprise me, but there are times I don’t like the surprise or the direction they’re taking. That’s the other time when I’ll step in. I might roll things back or nudge them back on track.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Both, really. I will micromanage if I'm trying to reach a certain goal without cheats. But mostly I let them go.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Other: As well because it depends on what family I am planning how much managing I do. So I guess I am also halfway in between the two options.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    It depends on the save that I play, but mostly I like to let them be as free as possible. I force them to do their career and aspiration related tasks and other tasks that are needed, though. Also if I want my Sim to live certain kind of life I need to "push" them to the right direction, but otherwise they can pretty much decide themselves what they want to do and who they want to do. ;)
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    other none of the above
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(