Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willow Creek - Sage Estates Lighting issue (NOT A BUG REPORT)

Before I start, this is not a bug report, I'm just looking to see if anyone else has run into this and might have a solution. So not looking to report anything... I do have to describe the bug which I know is kind of a touchy thing lately.. but it's just to touch bases with the community... okay.... with that being said.

In the sage estates in willow creek, at some point they changed the map. The plopped the main light source REALLY low in the sky, not sure why. What's happened is the light source is so low in the sky you get these really bright, thick light beams flashing across your screen during the day. Not only is it a little gaudy but it causes my very high end machine to drop FPS by a very noticable amount during the day time. This is the only part of the game this happens, all other neighborhoods are fine, and it's very noticable in the daytime. In the night time it's a green aura borealis <sp> looking thing, it causes lag as well but not like in the day. This makes playing in sage estates ... painful, and unfortuately one of my main families is there.

So Again, not wanting to report this so don't move this post PLEASE, just wanted to ask the community if anyone else has run into this and found a fix or maybe knows of a lighting mod for Sage estates that might make it playable. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    jmac2727jmac2727 Posts: 306 Member
    Okay for anyone else having this issue "I think" I found a solution. MTSDisableDebugSunray also showed up as Remove Eco Lifestyle Sunray due to green footprint. It seems the problem wasn't with the Sage Estates but rather with the Eco Lifestyle DLC, the sunray seems to get stuck on somehow.. this mod just permanantly removes it... works for me. Just wanted to share
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    I’ve noticed something similar. One of my families, who are Henford on Bagley residents, live in a green neighbourhood (specifically 2 Olde Mill Lane in Old New Henford). I got the sun rays associated with a green neighbourhood, but they also really affected the FPS rate when I was on the lot. I got that mod you mentioned and now everything is fine, no FPS lag or anything.
  • Options
    Glad I could help :)
  • Options
    I think it even makes the lot look better... the sun rays were really washing everything out
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Glad you found a solution! I was just going to ask when I started reading your original post if it was the Eco sunrays.

I have always had mine off because I hate how glaringly bright it was and you couldn't see anything except a lot of whiteness.