Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you create or go premades?

I'm curious as to our different play styles and that includes Sims whether we make them ourselves or choose the premades.

Which do you play?

I, personally do both. Sometimes I make my own Sims - can be a long process too. Sometimes I'll spend ages making my Sims I think I'm a little of a perfecting and I like every detail to be perfect. But other times I choose a premade and go from there and see what happens in game, almost like I let fate take over and see what will occur.

I guess I probably do my own unique Sims mostly but I do use premades regularly as well.

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,809 Member
    I use both. I have always populated my worlds with some of my own sims, but the percentage has gone up a lot over the last couple of years. From the start of a new save I have mostly premades and I work my sims in according to the needs of the story. I have a small number of premades that are untouchables, Summer and Liberty, the Goth's, Rory Oaklow, and Venessa Jeong. Diego Lobo, the Behr's are fairly safe from being deleted but not protected from Neighborhood Stories. Everybody else is fair game if I need the space, or I want a particular lot for my own sims.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    I'm personally a big fan of premades and see them as familiar faces. I do have saves that are several generations past the originals though but I have to admit they're not as much fun to go to clubs or events in because of all the new faces.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    My own all the way!

I never play premades (if they are allowed to stay in my save [sometimes they are immediately deleted], they are just background filler to me).

I don't care about EA's "lore" or anything else, I don't like to be boxed into a pre-defined story line that's already been set by someone who has a totally different vision than I do.

So all of my played sims are blank slates and either created from scratch by me or downloaded from talented creators. But I hardly ever keep the traits, aspirations, etc that were assigned to them by the original creator, because again .... I already have in mind what that sim will be like and I'm only interested in the physical looks of them so I create their personality myself.

Sometimes I create sims (or download them) with no intention of actually "playing" them, just so I have a nice variety of diverse and unique sims that aren't clown wannabees and/or fashion disaster victims in my world. (I use MCCC to pull from my tray file). (I do check their traits to make sure they don't have the klepto trait, because my sims work hard for their things and I don't want anything to mysteriously come up missing).
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I have a mix of both in my game. I’ve also recreated some sims 3 premades for sims 4.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,835 Member
    Create. I keep a few premades around as family friends but most are deleted. I never know what simmers are talking about when they post about the premades. 😄
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I create my own sims and my own stories.

The premades are allowed to stay in my game as background characters, and on occasion my sims will marry one, and that's as close as I get to playing with the Premades. Some of their stories are interesting, but I want to do my own thing.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    I’m a story teller type, so my sims are always the characters in my story. For that reason, I usually play originals. I do keep the premades, though, to give some character to the towns and fill them out. I like when my sims have interactions with them, and sometimes an interaction creates a new story element and that premade will get pulled into the larger story.

However, my fantasy save is a break from that pattern. Since it started with sending Morgyn Ember on a hero’s quest, I decided to play it out with the supernatural premades mixed with some original characters. It’s not my longest running save, yet. That honor goes to the Carlysle brothers that I created in TS3 and can’t recreate in TS4 until we get bands. But, it’s closing in on the title, and I never thought that would happen with a game leaning so heavily on premade sims.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited September 2022
    sometimes i add occult sims or side characters where i don't have suitable premade

or premade from another sims games yeah i recreate those in my save

but mostly its premades

I also do give them some style changes where i feel like doing so but i try to keep everyones genetics the same

well unless their genetics were wildly different in older sims game i know them from then i reference the older game with changes
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    I do both sometimes even in the same household.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I create from scratch. But if my sim meets a townie I will either leave them as they are, or in the case of some I will mark their household as protected and perhaps split them from their household, and CAS the things I don’t like about them. Right now I have Elsa Bjergson and two of her sisters, and Aylin Kealoha and one of her sisters living in a house.

Most of the npcs are getting old and will die. I kinda wish I’d put non aging on because they look much better than the random townies you find and school/university/jobs etc probably better with them than the random ones. But I don’t care about the ‘lore’.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Every single Sim I play as are my own.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    I delete every premade I can safely do so to - leaving only those tied to gameplay in ways that I am not sure what will happen if I zap them.

It's not that I don't like their premades, it's just that I want to have my own game with my own 'world' and feel no qualms about editing anything about a sim within it. I found it easier to delete the premade families than to let them 'evolve' and develop new relationships, age, etc. When they're there I keep asking myself "Is she supposed to to that according to her lore?" So if I just delete them, no worries.

That of course means my active households are all ones I made.

I have exactly one sim in my game that began as a download. I deleted everything on the downloaded sim, remade it all, renamed it, and so on... but I still feel weird using that sim because I know the "file" began somewhere else. Illogical, but that's just how it feels.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited September 2022
    I don't play pre-mades, and mostly build my own Sims from scratch.

That said, if I feel like my own Sims are starting to look similar, I take a detour to the Gallery and find like 6 Sims who look nothing like my own. Maybe they have crazy cheekbones that I can't seem to get right, or a look that's both odd and glamorous. Then I spend a couple hours with genetics, pairing those Sims up, tweaking their kids (sometimes they look downright strange), and pairing those kids up, until I end up with one really interesting Sim. I then delete all ancestry and make sure to note that it's a Sim made from other Sims so that it's for my personal use only.
    Fun story that's kind of related: I took every single pre-made werewolf from the werewolf pack, including Greg, and genetically-merged them into the Average Werewolf. Then I took some really glam werewolves from the gallery, merged them, then merged THAT one with the Average werewolf.

Now, I am not a Twilight fan, but the product bore a ridiculously striking resemblance to Taylor Lautner's Jacob Black.
    Average werewolf + glamorous werewolf = Jacob Black.
    My daughter, who is a Twilight fan, confirmed.

Now I'll hide this in spoilers because it's only vaguely related to the discussion.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Out of literally hundreds of sims I have created, there has only been twice that I downloaded from gallery--this was for a challenge to see how strangers I knew nothing about would get along in the same house
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited September 2022
    Always create. CAS is a great tool, so close to outstanding (Sim height and asymmetrical features would be teriffic!).
    As far as premades go, I know of the antics of the Goths and Flapjacks only second-hand from places like this forum.

Sometimes I'll have a specific appearance idea in mind, other times I'll mash the dice icon to randomise the features and start from there.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I play mostly with the premades.
  • mandymcmandymc Posts: 39 Member
    I play both.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I prefer creating my own sims, but I never try to make them perfect in any way. I find the feature of bringing genetics forward is among the game's most interesting, so I often ad d a quirky detail or something that might hang around for a few generations. I often find that clothes, hair and makeup adds more to the personality than the face itself though.

When getting a new pack I normally keep 1-3 households of premades. I never adjust them except perhaps their outfits and add a background and certain details to be typical for this household. I might create a past generation temporarily for creating some family photos etc.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    I play with both. A lot of my own creation ends up marrying premades.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited September 2022
    Used to be I would only ever create Sims of my own back in the TS1-TS2 era, the neighbours are just there as backdrops to prevent everything being too empty, every Sim that would marry was pretty much made for eachother one way or another.

However I started taking to marrying in premades into some of my houses on TS3-4 which livens up the place and admittedly has some of them become genuine favourites, though without a doubt given the chance almost every Sim I play save for some are made by me and almost every other playable Sim is treated as a background decoration to my game.

Me-made Sims, I will protect and cherish. Premades, I'll leave them around maybe befriend them if no CAS sims are around. Generated townies? I treat them as random Sims I might just light on fire and never interact with

Don't think I would ever be able to start a save where I play without CAS Sims now, tomorrow, or ever because I'll miss having my weird characters and personal attachments.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited September 2022
    Both. I always create my own Sims to start a save file, but I often marry them to either premades or random townies. Sometimes when I'm lazy to look for a significant other for my Sim I also create him/her myself.