Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A question for those who own all or most of the packs (Expansion, and Game packs)

2...Next

Comments

• Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited September 2022
    I think about story for my sim first. Who I want them to be, how they end up in the specific town? For example I will play a sim that is a teen orphan who run away from bad foster care only to stop in Strangerville and discover something is not right there. She/he stays and resolves the mystery. Then they will follow the path of detective, because Strangerville give them such huge purpose or scientist for the same reason. If a scientist I will probably focus on them meeting aliens (usually I will end up romancing best looking alien and focus on this story line later, Sixam, maybe becoming astronaut later). If police officer then I will want more ordinary life for them, maybe near seaside in Brindelton Bay, finding partner and starting legacy. All these points I will established while creating a sim. There is a level of spontaneity I allow, but not much lol.

Before I start playing I will put lots I need in my game. Usually bunch of restaurants, new night clubs, spa etc. I don’t delete premade lots expect for lounge in Oasis Spring which I dislike.
  • IlikebuildingIlikebuilding Posts: 41 Member
    I always mainly play with the same family; I have lost count of their generations. I often move them to any new district. But very often the other lots are not populated, so, I create families to live in them. I am perhaps a control freak and don't like pre-created Sims.
  • I generally start with a world that I want a sim in, consider a primary skill I want for them (rock climbing, painting, crosstich etc) and go from there. Usually by the time I'm picking out traits I know what I want. Like my paranoid painter that I wanted to be both a prepper and an entrepreneur (and open her own art gallery). To make things more difficult I did not sell any painting that was not a paint by reference and a masterpiece (she had to side hustle to survive, true starving artist!). Or my runaway teen who dreamed of being a famous actress. Usually the story comes out of the primary skill and then the combination of negative and positive traits I assign them.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Whenever I start a new sim, I end up getting a little overwhelmed by all the different directions my sim could end up going. There are many different careers, including education, to choose from. There are many many different skills, and all the different things a sim can do. Usually, I will end up creating a new sim, putting them into the world, and then that's it.

What are some things you do when you start off a new sim?

@LaBlue0314 one of the reasons it's fun for me to play in rotation. As new packs come out I incorporate them some how into a household(s) or single sim. OR like maybe the sim parents are established in what I want them to do but maybe their child wants to be entangled with werewolf shenanigans.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I have a huge save going since 2014, with 500+ sims. Not all get my attention, but I like to search their unique personality, and then it's easier to choose skills and career etc. Because most my sims are born in game I think it was easier for me to learn to know them over time. But something I often o if I create a new sim, is to also create their parents. I might kill them off or move them away after taking some family photos etc. Thing is, when I know the traits and career and looks/style of the parents, it's easier for me to imagine how my new sim grew up. I think parents influence a child's choices a great deal, besides community has classes, whether we like it or not. The mix of everything might give some options I did not see from the start. Often I also get a feeling whether my new sim likes an activity or not. Trying to find a skill/activity that sim likes, might help finding their personality, too :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I enjoy that feeling at this point I won't mind when ts5 is announced if it's really coming, so when i get to this point sometimes I think of stories or I look through things I haven't used...there is a lot cause cc and I have favorite items. When I find something I try to base outfits off that and decide what my sim might like. I don't care about cheats so I might give them basic skills to use, usually cooking, singing, and painting or writing. Occaisionally logic or charisma just to get them going and go from there picking more sims to do different things as I go along pretty sure there is plenty I've never seen but I'm good with that.

Otherwise, immediatlely close the game and go play something else whichever mood hits me first lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I prefer multigenerational rotational play, and I like variety for my households, so I usually plan for the different households and/or generations to focus on different packs. It helps reduce decision paralysis to know that I'll get to other content later and don't need to try to do everything.

My main save I started with one female serial romantic sim, and had her have children with multiple fathers to start a large family rotation. I tried to optimize her world for romance options, so I moved her to San Myshuno and put her in an active career so she'd have plenty of opportunities to meet people without a lot of extra traveling loading screens. Then each of her children moved to a different world and focused on the content of the pack that world came in.

My other save I created originally to explore University, and played Angela and Lilith Pleasant. Angela ended up with Rohan Elderberry and I plan for each branch of their family to focus on a different part of the realistic content, while Lilith and Cameron Fletcher's descendants will spread out through the sci-fi/fantasy content.
  • NolaHexemNolaHexem Posts: 62 Member
    Right now I've started my main sim as a teenager to play through High School Years. Usually when I get a new pack I set up my sims to play through that pack. I have a base world where I've edited all of the sims to my liking - I take that base, edit the new sims, import my main sim (or make a new one) and play through the pack. I've been playing since the beginning and buying the packs as they come out, so this is probably easier for me. I think for people just starting, I would start as a teen, then graduate and go to university, then go from there. Probably categorize by what seems the most fun and so on.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    The first thing I do is think about dragons, and activities that are related to dragons.

Then I just go with whatever I think my sim would like, based on their vibe.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017