Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Summit

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    What if the "Big News" is they're bringing back cars or free'd babies?

That would certainly be worthy of all the hyping up.
    I’m really hoping it’s that cause if not, if they plan on bringing in new players by giving away ts4 for free, they best be ready for more demands on cars and freed babies
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited September 2022
    What if the "Big News" is they're bringing back cars or free'd babies?

That would certainly be worthy of all the hyping up.

plot twist: they are bringing cars... for babies

put the baby in and weeeeee they're free and disappear off the lot
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    edited September 2022

Here's something that occurred to me while reading your post. What if Sims 4 and Sims 5 are going to run at the same time? They keep Sim4 going for the old, loyal fans of the franchise who don't want multiplayer. Meanwhile Sims 5 is the multiplayer option for those who want it. Sims 4 gets updates and occasional DLC. That would keep in line with all the kits, which take minimal effort, mostly modelers. One EP each year, a couple of GPs and/or pack refreshes each year and kits galore. Pack refreshes would be less manpower than a full blown pack, it allows them to address the bugs one pack at a time. The online multis are happy, and us 'dinosaurs' keep our offline sims.

They must be aware of the sentiments about offline vs online here on the forums. @EA_Cade @EA_Mari among others I would suspect are keeping them apprised of the thoughts of the community. I would like to think Maxis and EA both realize that without us loyal simmers the future of the franchise may not be so rosy. So this free them up from having to make Sims 5 both online and offline.

Just some thinking out loud, stream of consciousness style.

I’ve been saying this for a while. If they want TS5 to offer a different Sims experience without losing Simmers who aren’t into that, they could keep TS4 going as the single player version with TS5 being the online version. They didn’t drop Sims FreePlay when they introduced Sims Mobile, so they can keep more than one title going. They may spend the time before TS5 releases getting most of the major gameplay content released for TS4, then drop back to a few yearly EP/ game packs, kits and refreshes going forward.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,828 Member
    cyncie wrote: »

Here's something that occurred to me while reading your post. What if Sims 4 and Sims 5 are going to run at the same time? They keep Sim4 going for the old, loyal fans of the franchise who don't want multiplayer. Meanwhile Sims 5 is the multiplayer option for those who want it. Sims 4 gets updates and occasional DLC. That would keep in line with all the kits, which take minimal effort, mostly modelers. One EP each year, a couple of GPs and/or pack refreshes each year and kits galore. Pack refreshes would be less manpower than a full blown pack, it allows them to address the bugs one pack at a time. The online multis are happy, and us 'dinosaurs' keep our offline sims.

They must be aware of the sentiments about offline vs online here on the forums. @EA_Cade @EA_Mari among others I would suspect are keeping them apprised of the thoughts of the community. I would like to think Maxis and EA both realize that without us loyal simmers the future of the franchise may not be so rosy. So this free them up from having to make Sims 5 both online and offline.

Just some thinking out loud, stream of consciousness style.

I’ve been saying this for a while. If they want TS5 to offer a different Sims experience without losing Simmers who aren’t into that, they could keep TS4 going as the single player version with TS5 being the online version. They didn’t drop Sims FreePlay when they introduced Sims Mobile, so they can keep more than one title going. They may spend the time before TS5 releases getting most of the major gameplay content released for TS4, then drop back to a few yearly EP/ game packs, kits and refreshes going forward.

For all it's faults I love TS4. I could get by with an EP a year and a new GP or two, as long as there are bug fixes/pack refreshes. At its core, TS4 has lots of life left if they would address the bugs. I don't want to move on, I just want this one fixed. I love the art style, I love the worlds even if I wish there weren't all the load screens. If they want to throw away everything they've built over 4 iterations and 20+ years, fine, but keep TS4 active and work on fixes. If TS5 comes to fruition, and its multiplayer online only and TS4 is abandoned, EA/Maxis will have thrown the last two decades in the trash. The Sims franchise has always been, and should always be, an oasis for offline gamers.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    well if they gonna reveal Sims 5
    that is not Awesome news about The Sims 4
    and I will continue to be grumpy in the corner

and if Sims 5 is coming before they fix The Sims 4
    you can expect me to find permanent housing in grumpy corner

Well hopefully it'll be awesome news for everyone. A continuation of Sims 4 with lots of new content to come and an announcement of Sims 5 for those who no longer play 4 or those ready to move on. Good news for all! 🙂

The 'continuation of Sims 4 with lots of new content to come' is pointless unless said Sims 4 is playable. The only version I have of TS4 that is playable stops at Discover University and is without Seasons. The version that stops at Cottage Living is such a frustrating mess that I've not played it for months. As in about a couple of months past CL release. With the immense quantity of issues reported since, many due to patches, and the horrendously broken new DLC there is no way I am going to open that wreck of a game up to even more. If they intend to keep this dog's breakfast going for any length of time, they had better devote themselves to making much of that 'new content' badly needed repairs.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Cars?
    Proper babies?
    Create-a-world…?

Who knows? I definitely think it’s nothing to do with the Sims 5.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I agree with everything you said. I too love my Sims, including Sims 4. I am still thinking about my Sims 4 games and how I want to continue their stories, but my frustration with the bugs, wants/fears(too extreme in affecting sims moods) and phones (obsession and camera focusing on sim changing phone cover. I don't need to know about or see this!) are game and immersion breaking. I just want this game fixed so I can enjoy it again and be able to play my sims like I want them to be played. I have little interest in Sims 5, especially if an online game. I know many people will enjoy an online game, but this one is not for me. I also don't want to lose all the investment I put into this game in time and money, so I am trying to remain hopeful that Sims 4 will be repaired so we can all return to playing and enjoying this game. Sims 4 has so much to offer in gameplay and I miss it! I do worry though, as I still am not happy that Ambitions in Sims 3, one of my favorite expansions, is still broken after all these years. Hopefully that won't happen with Sims 4 issues and they will be fixed.
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    But the Sims 4 is highly limited by a crappy engine. I want to play Sims 5, but single player.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Y'all, you know what? I can't take it anymore! If R&B can't find its way to the base game of The Sims 4, there's better ways to create my own radio station as a radio station mod
    Anybody got somethin' to SAY?!
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Not that long after Firaxis released Civ 6, they had a livestream where they presented a multi-month roadmap called the New Frontier Pass. This included specific game features that were coming, along with 6 future DLC packs. They stayed quiet about the cultures and leaders they were introducing - it was a good way to build hype. The devs stuck to their roadmap really well, and it was great to get something new to muck about with every other month.
    I'm hoping that as an EA stable mate, the devs behind the Sims take a leaf out of Firaxis' book. It was a good time to be a Civ player.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Hmm. Using the word "summit" is interesting. It implies that the game has reached its peak. I wonder if the next couple of years are going to wrap it up for content, refreshes and fixes then or if they will try to keep it teetering on the brink with big releases before it starts to decline?

Freeing up the base game does imply that they are letting go and will be sort of coasting down on whatever schedule they have planned ahead.
    #Team Occult
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

They had a great R&B station in the Sims 2. That's the one all my sims slow danced to. Why couldn't they just redo the one from Sims 2 to Sims 4? Seems reasonable to me...better than trying to slow dance to classical music.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    I was thinking we could get a dragon/music pack. R&B&D&D, featuring songs by Dragonforce.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited September 2022
    Gordy wrote: »
    I was thinking we could get a dragon/music pack. R&B&D&D, featuring songs by Dragonforce.
    I quite liked Dragon when I was growing up. I still think their song "Rain" was a great example of early '80s Oz/NZ rock. Shame that their frontman, Marc Hunter, was taken by cancer way too early.
    LiELF wrote: »
    Hmm. Using the word "summit" is interesting. It implies that the game has reached its peak.
    I just regarded it as a meeting. It's like the international G7/G8 meetings they have every so often. I think it's just a meeting between heads of government or chunks of an organisation.
    bshag4lv wrote: »

They had a great R&B station in the Sims 2. That's the one all my sims slow danced to. Why couldn't they just redo the one from Sims 2 to Sims 4? Seems reasonable to me...better than trying to slow dance to classical music.
    Gordy wrote: »

What happens to an illegally parked frog?
    It gets toad away.
    Come one y'all, it's my personal life to be waiting for R&B and reggae radio station to come back as my last two radio station wishlist. I mean like I said, it's currently 2022, and R&B station (Which is my second favorite music) should come first as my most wanted radio station for The Sims 4, then reggae which will be coming soon if they want to release the Caribbean-inspired hotel game pack later, because first The Sims team already gave me a disco radio station (alternatively known as NuDisco), then Latin (I'm Afro-Latino), and finally hip hop (I know that's my first favorite music). This is why patients made me bored each and 8 years during in-development of The Sims 4
    I hope September will be over, cause October 18th should reveal us the expansion pack, a stuff pack, and a content pack refresh
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    You get your wish in 18 days. Until then, please be patient
    edited September 2022
    You get your wish in 18 days. Until then, please be patient
    18 days?! OK! OK! You know what? Fine! I'll wait then, so as soon as The Sims team start confirming something even more pop songs and the other songs in music stations and add random diverse or non-diverse radio stations except adding more hip hop songs, I would rather cry even more right before 2022 will end soon
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I find it a little alarming that they have stated there will be a continuation of Sims 4 packs for some time to come.

As much as I have loved this game, I think it reached its summit with CL (or before) and has been rapidly going downwards ever since. Slapping more content into the mess will only accelerate that slide down to the bottom. They need to stabilise it before trying to go further.

They overdid it with TS3 and then just abandoned it, leaving us with the ability to disable some packs we had paid money for in order to improve performance. I'm fully expecting a repeat of that scenario and, if that's the case, I will not be buying into TS5 to start all over again on what will eventually become an abandoned buggy mess.
    I find it a little alarming that they have stated there will be a continuation of Sims 4 packs for some time to come.

As much as I have loved this game, I think it reached its summit with CL (or before) and has been rapidly going downwards ever since. Slapping more content into the mess will only accelerate that slide down to the bottom. They need to stabilise it before trying to go further.

They overdid it with TS3 and then just abandoned it, leaving us with the ability to disable some packs we had paid money for in order to improve performance. I'm fully expecting a repeat of that scenario and, if that's the case, I will not be buying into TS5 to start all over again on what will eventually become an abandoned buggy mess.
    Yes! Please! Thank you!

Now look y'all! elanor is right, the will a continuation of The Sims 4 packs, so I suggest that The Sims 5 can't come until early or mid or late 2024, because The Sims 4 needs more features that are missing such as, R&B, singers and bands, a stuff pack for 2022, and further more
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm not usually one for Sims 5 speculation, but the Sims 4 going free and a "special" sims event being announced at the same time, with a whole months notice and a "save the date"? I don't think they'd give this much notice if it was just a stream to talk about a roadmap and bugs..

It also says "Big The Sims Announcements", not "Big Sims 4 Announcements" and the new plumbob logo and branding...

With The Sims 4 going free to play, our team is more dedicated than ever to developing new and meaningful The Sims 4 experiences for our players and we will continue to develop and release packs, kits and Sims Delivery Express drops into the foreseeable future. We’ll be sharing more about what’s in the works during a special-edition stream, Behind The Sims Summit on October 18, 2022 at 10 am PDT via The Sims YouTube and Twitch channels, also available on demand!

Gosh, with the base game going free, does that mean I get a refund? Oh, that's right I got a free kit which normally only costs around five bucks. Whoop-di-do!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm not usually one for Sims 5 speculation, but the Sims 4 going free and a "special" sims event being announced at the same time, with a whole months notice and a "save the date"? I don't think they'd give this much notice if it was just a stream to talk about a roadmap and bugs..

It also says "Big The Sims Announcements", not "Big Sims 4 Announcements" and the new plumbob logo and branding...

With The Sims 4 going free to play, our team is more dedicated than ever to developing new and meaningful The Sims 4 experiences for our players and we will continue to develop and release packs, kits and Sims Delivery Express drops into the foreseeable future. We’ll be sharing more about what’s in the works during a special-edition stream, Behind The Sims Summit on October 18, 2022 at 10 am PDT via The Sims YouTube and Twitch channels, also available on demand!

Gosh, with the base game going free, does that mean I get a refund? Oh, that's right I got a free kit which normally only costs around five bucks. Whoop-di-do!

@GalacticGal do you think EA should offer everyone a full refund for the base game?
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Can't wait to see what this summit thing is going to be all about!

New features? Packs? Taking the game in a new direction? I haven't got the foggiest clue....
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain