Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Desert Luxe Kit: Releasing Today Sept 14 For Free!

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2022
    CrazyFrog wrote: »
    kozardii wrote: »
    So users that have EA Desktop can't claim the kit yet?

No! I can't.

i was able to get the normal way.

with the EA app ? well i can't :/

no i downloaed it from orgin. i have the app but i hate it so i download from orgin just luke always.

okay, well i dont have origin anymore so i cant download it for free thats all im saying !

Log in to the website version of Origin and add it to your EA account that way.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    So far, I've already used a couple of black color pieces from the Desert Luxe while I was still upgrading & updated my old Paranormal Haunted House & saved it in the Gallery along with my Nancy Drew & her fiance' under my username SEREFRAS.
    I'll soon upgrade some of my Star Wars homes with the Desert Luxe. :p;)B)<3
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I just downloaded it! What a fun surprise! I was already planning to buy this one so I'm happy to see it as a gift! Cheers to the Sims team!
  • Options
    christyb2852christyb2852 Posts: 7 New Member
    This free kit is a very nice bonus :) All had to do was update my payment info and it downloaded ok.. Cannot wait to play with it and see what I can create :D
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    This is an unexpected surprise. I am very disappointed in EA at the moment for how the game and especially the updates were handled this summer. I have no intention to hand them out any more money any time soon. But I won't say no to a free kit. I will redeem it this evening because I really want that window for futuristic builds.
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,929 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    kozardii wrote: »
    So users that have EA Desktop can't claim the kit yet?

No! I can't.

i was able to get the normal way.

with the EA app ? well i can't :/

no i downloaed it from orgin. i have the app but i hate it so i download from orgin just luke always.

okay, well i dont have origin anymore so i cant download it for free thats all im saying !

Log in to the website version of Origin and add it to your EA account that way.

Got it ! Thank you :smiley:
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I'm guessing if you want this you have to update to the latest patch? ....
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 507 Member
    I wasn’t planning on getting this kit but I’m grateful to have it for free. I haven’t had a good look at the pieces yet but I already know I’ll use them a lot in my game, so thank you EA!
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited September 2022

@elanorbreton just redeem it, no need to download and install it until you decide to update to the latest patch.

Bad news is that you may not be able to use it in game until then, good news is that you don’t have to buy it at a later stage which means you saved that money to buy yourself an extra coffee right away, which is exactly what I’m going to do today. Right away. 😎
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited September 2022
    It's a nice thing indeed, and I like that they did it with something that was not yet released so there was no risk of us already owning it.

I still would like them to start supporting the game better and fix and tune wants and fears, but I won't say no to them being nice to us.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited September 2022
    I can't get the kit to install. I redeemed it with my CC information before it was actually available and then got a couple of errors because the game couldn't download it. I've tried restarting origin and restarting game yesterday and today, but it wont download the kit even when origin said there's a new pack to install. It just wont. Any tips?

Edit: Nevermind I found where the download button is. In you library you click the game, then the tab with "more", pick "kits" and scroll down.
    Post edited by musteni on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The lot that was shown in the promos isn't in the game so I've taken to Twitter and asked simmers if they would try to make it. Also Maxis doesn't have it uploaded.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I really like the idea of handing out free stuff as kits instead of in a patch. I don't know if they plan to do it this way in the future, but I really appreciate deciding for myself whether I want to add new stuff to my game. There were plenty free stuff patched previously, that I never used and never will use because it's quite far off the way I play this game. I don't see the point in building B/B and CAS catalogs as packed as possible, if we could rather add even free stuff a kits - that would also make it easier to look up new stuff, or even remove new stuff if one regrets adding something. The more the merrier is not always true on a slow computer.

That said, I'm grateful for this little free kit, will grab it shortly. Thanks! :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

Yup, you need latest patch for the kit to appear
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I probably would have gotten this kit eventually, now it's free? Thanks guys!
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited September 2022
    That is a lovely gesture <3 And I appreciate it very much.
    I am going to make my sims live in San Myshuno's apartment with a balcony and I will make them a cute Desert Luxe balcony. I think it will look absolutely gorgeous.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Thank you @EA I appreciate the free gift of Desert Luxe. I redid the Landgrabbs back yard in one of my saves, and also their living room. I thought the kit went nice with some basic furniture in the front room, as well as decor to the max, and the blooming rooms furniture.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Nh6650 wrote: »
    I saw on Instagram that this kit is given to us as a gift. And we are told to go the main menu in the game to claim it.
    But when I click on it, Origin pops up and the kit is listed as free. But when I click on it, I get the option to fill in my payment details. This is ridiculous. Why do I have to do that to claim this gift?.

It doesn’t charge it, and there’s an option to not have your card saved to your account

I wasn't asked for card details at all when I tried downloading at first try. Opening, saving and exiting the game worked for me, then found I could download.

I never leave my card details on sites like Origin. I don't trust them. It's ok with supermarkets etc., which ask for verification via phone message, just in case.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Uh so now sims 4 is free on October 18? What's going on? Hmmmm......I'm scared, lol.

Not to worry, I think the basegame has been free before, hasn't it? I don't think it means the game is going away.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    edited September 2022
    I was finally able to download and the status when I click on the kit is «owned» but none of the objects appear in my game
    And if I go on the gallery and want to place something that has the objects of the kit in it says it is not installed. Can someone help?
    Post edited by Ziafar on
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Why do I have to enter my credit card information for a free pack!? I click "Buy Now - $0.00" and then the "Payment Information" box immediately pops up and requires me to enter my credit card information. Why!?

See my above post. I had the same issue and I managed to get it through the store on origin. No need to add payment information.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I like that there’s a middle part for the curtains, I hope they make those for the base game ones.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2022
    #MsGryphi
    SLEEK MODERN ITEMS - FOR FREE 🌵 // The Sims 4 Desert Luxe Kit Build & Buy Overview
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JN3ycN1qg0

#TheSims4 #SpeedBuild #LacyLena
    Desert Luxe Modern Tiny Home | (no cc) The Sims 4: Desert Luxe Kit Speed Build
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51iu3C8c6m8
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I've been waiting to buy this kit since they announced it so it was a very pleasant surprise to find something I really like is actually free!

Thanks EA! I will be using this kit for a lot of builds, I love it! <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.