Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aliens Stole My Alien Parents

1234568...Next

Comments

• luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited November 2022
    If you're looking for a proper term for a nomadic culture traditionally found in Europe and Western Asia (though now worldwide) - Romani.

Edit: One of my great-grandfathers was a Romani blacksmith (evidently, he met a nice Polish girl, got married and moved to America). I did some research on the culture in high school (or maybe college, I forget) during one of those "learning about my family" phases one sometimes goes through.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
    Also, fantastic conclusion to the story. Very exciting and it does wrap things up nicely.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    @mightysprite You did a fantastic job. I hope that's not the last we see of Mara, Oliver, and Cassandra. It feels like there could be new adventures, but if not it was a lot of fun while it lasted. I could feel Mara's disappointment after her image of her dads was shattered.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    This story is awesome! I love all the twists and turns, and how you make all the random game weirdness make sense. These characters are all so much fun. This climax is fantastic.

And if you ever do write that Ash and Izzy spin-off I'll totally be there for that!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    edited November 2022
    Thank you folks :)
    There will be an "epilogue" chapter coming up, but I think that will be the end of the story.
    I'll probably carry on playing them in gameplay. Probably without plot/story. Unless they get into some extremely interesting mischief. You never know.

@luciusstorm That's really cool about your family. I thought of the term Romani too, but it seemed too RL-specific, but, maybe I'll go back and edit it in. Thanks.
    gen3-banner.png
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    Caught up. At least the Dads are being released.
  • HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 774 Member
    Caught up too, really a lot has happened!
    That's a quite bittersweet chapter, Mara and Oliver finally found their fathers but also found out about the mistakes they made too...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.12 posted on the 25th of March 2024*
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    I'm super late joining in, but I'm glad to be caught up. Next time, I hope to follow along a bit more as things are happening, but I look forward to the epilogue. I have a few chaotic comments below.
    • I loved your take on this scenario from the beginning, from the siblings bickering over who does the dishes. In all parts, there are entertaining details like that.
    • I experienced a variety of emotions. As each day passed and Oliver grew, I felt so sad about his dads missing out on his childhood. They weren't even there to defend him from the monster under the bed. Luckily, he made friends with the monster.
    • It's impressive how significant the picture present from their dad became.
    • Stinky, insecure Oliver has my heart. Oliver & Elsa work for me, but Oliver & Kevin are adorable too. I'm glad Act 1 ended with Cassandra and Mara together.
    • The werewolf in the gym was hilarious, but makes me want to never install that pack.
    • My favorite chapter is the interlude with Bella.
    • I like how you considered the necessity of the dads facing consequences for their actions.
    • Cassandra's makeover toward the end = <3. Good for her.
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    *bunny noises*
    Really love the way that you ended this, and I hope that we will still get to see something of these characters later on < 3 Glad to know there will be an epilogue!
    they/them or she/her
    Thank you @NRowe @HermioneSims @haneul @SnowBnuuy :) it's nice to know you have all enjoyed the story so much.
    @haneul It was a surprisingly emotional story to write, at many points. FWIW there is a toggle available for werewolves, that can restrict them to the Moonwood Mill world when they are in wolf form. I haven't chosen to do that in my game because I like the weirdness.
    gen3-banner.png
    Epilogue

Mara and Cassandra settled into a happy married life. They decided to stay in Tartosa.
    What with Mara being cheerful and Cassandra gloomy, they did not always see eye to eye
    cheered-to-death.png

But they loved each other, and sometimes they needed a dose of the other one's perspective on the world more than anything

They settled into a small home in the hills... with Benoy and Sovey.
    house.png

This wasn't always easy either.

But over time, Benoy and Sovey reconnected with their children, over mutually enjoyable activities
    mutual-activities.png

And through the rhythms of everyday life with these Earthlings their children loved
    everyday.png
    harvestfest.png

...somehow the project of collecting "native artifacts" from them seemed less adventurous and awesome, now.

Now, it seemed more like they had been just taking someone else's stuff.

Benoy started writing. Ever practical, he started by publishing some exciting memoirs of his time as an interstellar adventurer. Then he wrote pamphlets advocating for the Repatriation of Alien Artifacts Act on Sixam. Eventually, Sixam and Earth reached an agreement whereby Earth agreed to allow anyone to travel freely back and forth between Earth and Sixam, and Sixam agreed to return all Earth artifacts to their original owners. In the process, Benoy just so happened to become famous. He repented publicly of the errors of his ways... and sold millions of copies doing it.

Benoy and Sovey moved out of their daughter's home, not too far away, into a lovely little home of their own at the other end of Tartosa. Benoy wrote when he felt like it, was gracious to his fans, and otherwise enjoyed retirement. Sovey became a teacher of Sixam language and culture, and in turn he went to Sixam regularly to present research on Earth history at academic conferences.
    retirement.png

Oliver rocked his degree program at Foxbury. Elsa joined him when she became a young adult.
    11-21-22-8-30-14-PM.png

Oliver graduated first
    grad.png

And they moved to a comfortable little place in Oasis Springs so Oliver could take a promising job as an astronaut and Elsa could continue college from home.
    house-o-e.png

Now that travel was allowed between Earth and Sixam, Mara flew back for six weeks of hormonal treatments, and returned more than ready to impregnate Cassandra. They prepared joyfully for their baby to be born.
    prepared.png

(Not to be outdone, Bella was getting ready to have another baby too.)
    11-25-22-6-49-37-PM.png

Little Orville was born
    11-25-22-7-34-43-PM.png
    c-with-baby-o.png

He has the Zeezoob green, and the Goth hair.
    orville.png

As for Cassandra, she had the best practice room in the world, and made use of it
    practice-room.png

The sun and fresh air found their way into her playing. She stopped worrying about climbing the high mountains of difficult and impressive pieces, and enjoyed playing hundreds of easy folk tunes that brought joy to people. Every tune made her bow more singing and her fingers more sure. She joined the Markovics' band
    joined-band.png

She added more and more to their shows every weekend
    joining-band.png

One night, a solo sang out above the heads of the gathered crowd
    solo-with-crowd.png

It was a traditional air mixed with a whimsical melody that slid up high and then laughed its way down.
    solo.png

From somewhere in the back, Bella recognized the Paganini.

Mara studied hard, passed the bar exam, and got promoted one level above her boss. After one very satisfying meeting where she was quite hard on her former boss, she decided it was time for a change.
    promotion-and-change.png

She walked along the beach and discovered a building for sale. And she remembered her old dream.
    shop1.png

She didn't exactly quit the law firm, yet. She's just taking all her vacation days in a row.

This is a fashionable clothing and lamp shop. It doesn't look like much, yet. You'll have to imagine the beaded curtains. So far, it's funded largely by the law firm's vacation days.
    shop2.png

As the shop develops, Mara plans to add some racks of thrifted clothes, for the youngsters to sort through, and make their own outfits on the cheap.

Some people must always have something to strive for.

The End
    gen3-banner.png
    @mightysprite, I found this to be a very satisfying "happily ever after". Thank you for a great and insightful story.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    @mightysprite You tied a lovely ribbon around their story.❤️ It’s wonderful to see everyone moving on and moving up. I’m so happy to see Mara and Cassandra starting a family too. I’m looking forward to your next story whatever it may be.🙂
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    @mightysprite that was a delightful wrap-up. What an amazing thing you pulled out of a Scenario. I think I'm going to miss that family. Well done!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    This story was a delight from start to finish. I had a lot of fun watching Mara and Oliver grow up. You did an amazing job of incorporating all the random details from the game and making everything tie together in a believable, and often hilarious, way. I'm super impressed. Thank you for sharing the story and taking us on this fun journey with your sims.

Little Orville is adorable! :love:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    Thanks so much @luciusstorm @DaniRose2143 @GalacticGal @GlacierSnow and all who read the story throughout, it's been a pleasure!
    gen3-banner.png
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    Really love how you wrapped this up < 3 I'm glad everyone is mostly doing well and that Mara and Cassandra are still together despite their differences-
    AAAAAA TEENY TINY BABY! I'm glad Mara got to open her own store too!
    they/them or she/her
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    That is a good ending. Happy Simming whatever you do next (whether it's play this family or another...)
    Thank you @SnowBnuuy and @NRowe :)
    (Yeah, SnowBnuuy, I couldn't resist!)
    gen3-banner.png
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    Thanks for posting an epilogue. Do you have any plans for what you'll do next?
    The epilogue wrapped things up so nicely. I love that everyone is doing well and seems happy, even though Benoy's part reminded me (just a little bit) of a scammer who despite it all manages to profit off his scam by getting a good book deal and publishing a book about it. Anyway, I love that there's a baby coming! And that Oliver and Elsa are together and that Mara is starting a shop (who knew that law firms gave vacation days).