Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want EA and the Sims 4 to Stop

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    This all sounds very unspecific, and by that I mean you are avoiding to specify what you don't like on purpose.
    Which probably means you and I have completely opposite views on virtually everything, and I am 50 and has played every single major release (no console / mobile games) of the Sims.

Anyway, if my suspicions are correct I am glad we finally have an inclusive game.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited August 2022
    Inclusive... Where are the disabled? Oh, right...

Still, I hate the amount of bugs in the game, the amount of phone calls you get every day, and the lack of depth in the game. Do something terrible, and nothing happens to you. I mean, bite someone, and then they want to come over and be your buddy? Irl, if a vampire bites you, you'd want to run like heck as far away as possible. Or why do evil Sims just become your bestie? It has happened so many times, even though my Sims are not usually evil. Why are the criminals not awful, and why do freegans just take things and you can do nothing- not even call the police- about it? Can't we protect ourselves without getting a bad rep- even when Temperance shows up? So far, no. The game feels so fake and so far away from a life sim, that it shouldn't even be called such. It's a dollhouse game.

I hope this was specific enough.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2022
    Yes we can always return to the other sims games. I agree that Sims 4 is a different game. Sims 3 was different in ways from Sims 2. I have played them both, but approached them differently in gameplay style and still was able to enjoy them. Sims 4 I had to readjust my expectations and how I play. I have always enjoyed playing Sims 4, up until now. I want to continue to enjoy Sims 4 because there is alot of gameplay I really enjoy playing and don't want to lose that. If there is a way to uninstall the patch I would gladly do it, because it does make the game unplayable for me. Sims has always been about creating a sim and your own story you want to follow with that sim. Sims 4 too! A game that can offer so much should be open to all, without a focus on just one set generation, so all can enjoy and continue to enjoy playing! If a game is met for only one generation, it should be set that way from the start. I have spent a lot of money on this game over the years and want to be able to continue to enjoy it as long as possible. Some of the features that I may not want in my game at least have toggles so I have control over that. The phone obsession was put into base game and affects all sims! I just want the ability to control it. I would probably use it for specific sims, especially teens. But I don't want my gameplay ruined by all of my sims being obsessed. I do still play Sims 2 and 3, but I want to enjoy 4 as well.

Yes, it is true that Sims 3 played differently than Sims 2 but Sims 3 had features from Sims 2 which for me is a mixture of old and new features. Sims 4 for me was really different as majority of the features has been cut out totally therefore, I was forced to play differently as there was nothing to really to help me in the creative dept. so that was a turnoff for me. It got better over time but not to the level I want it to me, for anything EA/Maxis added back was watered down and I did not get the full effect because they did not want to tamper with performance even though my systems may have been equipped to handle it but as far as performance wise EA/Maxis was mainly looking at lower end systems and done away with the bells and whistles system regardless of what one system may have and now all will play just about the same and such a same for EA/Maxis to do that.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    Lol. My system was designed to build games, which are, before they're released games, massive projects. It still has plenty of space. Come on, show me some action already! Bigger worlds, consequences for things, a chance for good/evil Sims to actually play the part- and not just through charity stuff. A big, open world concept with the different realms in 4 mashed all into a large one- with the winter stuff up north or south, the hot areas in the middle, and everything else in between them. Let's make this place shine like Sims 3, only with more content- not less.
  • Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    edited August 2022
    I don't want them to stop, I still want a food processor in game. I imagine in the future they'll do a kit with two food processors, an alternative chopping board that only appears 10% of the time instead of the normal one and includes a couple of sets of kitchen knives and two potted plants. For £5 it will be a steal and will go straight on my wishlist. :)
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @Goldmoldar I agree with you. I really enjoy Sims 3 as well. There is so much going on with the sims, and so many things to do! I absolutely love the World Adventures! By playing differently from 2 I meant adjusting to playing one family due to story progression. I did play rotationally once we had access the toggle to turn story progression off. So, in a way Sims 3 had the best of both worlds, playing one family or rotating, and I played both ways in that game. I agree that Sims 4 is a watered down version. Bought it because of my love of all things sim, but never really got into playing it until many packs later. But I do enjoy the gameplay in Sims 4 and want to get back to it. Hopefully the game will be fixed soon.
  • kendall_towzleekendall_towzlee Posts: 1 New Member
    @Beardedgeek exactly...what is it you want them to stop doing exactly? If they stop then what will happen to us Simmers? Personally, I agree with @Jade47 I want more! Now, do I get a bit nostalgic when I see Bella Goth and the Pleasant Household from TS1? OF COURSE! yes! However, just as EA and the Creators are always changing for the better, so is the world around us. Change is inevitable. We might as well embrace it. ;) :wink:
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,917 Member
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2022
    Jade47 wrote: »
    I don't want them to stop, I still want a food processor in game. I imagine in the future they'll do a kit with two food processors, an alternative chopping board that only appears 10% of the time instead of the normal one and includes a couple of sets of kitchen knives and two potted plants. For £5 it will be a steal and will go straight on my wishlist. :)

There are over 50 packs and no food processor? lol. Yes, EA go ahead and make a pack about small kitchen appliances. What's another $10 or $20 and another 80 packs.

In reply to the OP, I agree. I hated the opening splash screen changes, I hated the rebrand, I hated the linear gameplay introductions into some packs. I hated the nerfing of vampires, the nerfing of some other features too many to list, I hated the nerfing of Never Weary trait, I hated the new direction of TS4 was a safespace instead of a wacky, death by flies, simulator of life game, and I hated the newer direction of Simsself gameplay all about the avatar is all I see.

It's been one change after another, and mainly them changing stuff I actually did like into things that made no sense to do or change. And No, I don't like Neighborhood stories, nor scenarios and or challenges. Boo. Where is the life simulator we were told TS4 would be before they fessed up it would be a sitcom, then a safespace then a Simself game... a complete mess.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    But we did have a pack on kitchen stuff, with everything BUT a food processor. Totally agree with you otherwise. Way back when I said the T meant toddler, and it's more true now than ever. We still don't have doghouses, either.
  • ReneHollyDesignsReneHollyDesigns Posts: 27 Member
    I have been waiting for a lace panel curtain with a normal size rod in each size to use in my victorian builds. It would be terrific! I do miss the sims 3 food processor too. I wish they would do better goth furniture then the Vampire pack, some of it is really nice but Sims 3 had some really great goth furniture. The color wheel is also missed but building in Sims 4 is the best so far!
    Depends on the feature or tool. While it is better in some ways, it's worse in others. Example: TS2 water tool, make a body of water large enough and there are fish defacto. TS4, you need Country Living, you must stock the pond yourself, and the only available fish are those you've already caught. Tried it. Say, what?
    I never did understand why they decided to not just let Sims fish anywhere.
    In TS2 you can. All you need is enough water for fish to spawn (not all that large, actually) and a place for sims to stand. In TS4 the spots are either EA made - with official fishing signs - or need to pass extensive criteria to gain that coveted fishing sign. Btw, EA, tuna are deepwater ocean fish. So why are they available in inland waters? Trout, and most others in game are freshwater fish, so why can they be caught from the pier in B. Bay and Sulani beaches?
  • Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    @Cinebar Actually I was being cynical. If anyone thinks I would want any of the existing or future cash grab kits they're mistaken.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    edited September 2022
    It is what it is. A game that it was forced to be like this. A game that was designed to be just an online reboot of the series like SimCity 2013 was. A game that wasn't built on a foundation that can handle all of our requests and expectations from past games that weren't supposed to be integrated in the new online game. The Sims 4 might have sold a lot because fans buy everything for this game but The Sims 4 is also the game that wasn't planned to be what it is today. It's a failure! A Failed project forced to be a sequel of the past games but failing in every corner to fullfill those wishes from its players. It lacks passion from the team. It's shallow, it's soulless. It's a bunch, a big pile of nothing! It's just stuff. A building simulator, because it was the only part of the game that Maxis was able to do something.
    As a company EA and Maxis failed to met expectations, but they won at the same time. They won on getting all the money that we gave them. It's time to admit that as a fandom we also failed. Unlike SimCity fans that weren't afraid of making a statement, we failed to let this game die. We are the cause of this long 8 years of nothing but disappointment. We allowed this. This is the game we deserve! 8 years is too much! Too much! The Sims 4 will never be as good as the other sims games and at this point it's not even an opinion. It's a fact! keep buying buggy content with concepts that never reach it's full potentials. keep giving EA a reason to keep The Sims 4 alive. Keep doing it! The Sims might end up turning into a joke on the game industry and we are a part of that!
    Post edited by Renato10 on
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited August 2022
    The real question is...
    do ALL simmers want EA and the Sims 4 to Stop; other than the ones at this forum?
    That's the REAL question.

I personally don't care if it does or does not stop, sims 5 will be coming out eventually, they will stop once that game is done.

The same question applies to sims VR, most simmers on forum and twitter dislike VR hence why they said no, wish maxis released a VR version for VR users only since VR users actually want to play sims VR.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • vulpdenvulpden Posts: 16 Member
    I do almost get your point, I'm also frustrated with the way TS4 is going but... you're so vague. There can't be any change or feedback or even anyone agreeing with you if you don't state your point. I myself dislike TS4 compared to the other games, but the others are still there. I still play TS2 because it was the best gameplay-wise to me. Those games are still there to play if you don't like the newest edition. The Sims franchise won't die anytime soon, they make too much money from die-hard fans to give it up, for better or for worse. The Sims 5 is in development even, so they're never going to "stop" until the franchise dies.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I don't want them to stop.

I just want them to sit down on their butts an work on some quality gameplay content - be it improving existing gameplay or adding new one. CAS and BB is so cluttered by now that it is hard to find anything specific - and yet we are still missing functional items that should have been in the game since long (I'm looking at you pool table, water slide, playground items, regular piano, changing tables).

Anyhow, if they release a horses pack I can live without the rest, but I sorely need that one.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    I'm an older Gen-Z'er. I chuckled at the T-Pose challenge. But I'm not really sure if it's enough to compensate for the bugs.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited September 2022
    If there weren't any changes over the years to this game we'd probably be stuck with how the base game was.

Base game at S4 launch was a hot mess. :#

(No toddlers, no pools, messed up family tree, no locking doors, no better lighting in the game, no extra careers and jobs, no adults able to do part-time jobs, no sliders for makeup, very basic and vanilla phone UI, no NPC's through the phone etc etc.)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I never did understand why they decided to not just let Sims fish anywhere.

I have a weird memory of someone at EA/Maxis saying that fishing signs would no longer be required in order to fish. Did I dream it? I must have... :(
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    I want EA and the Sims 4 to stop all the changes they are making to the Sims 4. I have been playing the Sims since the Sims 1 and I no longer recognise this game.

I really want to love the Sims 4 and play for hours but I go on and feel DUH. I never felt this with the Sims 2.

Seriously you need to think what your players really want. Maybe I am old and been playing too long and you think that younger people want something different.

OK, if you think that let it be and I will eventually go. Does the younger generation ever think that the older generation has has a valid point.

Enough said

sorry but i have to disagree with the first post even if as a player there some content in the game i do not like i feel changes to the game is a good thing since this is how gameplay improves
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    I feel as the OP does about it. I used to play 3 for hours, not so much with 4.
  • PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    @PrincessrozeeS

Hmm…. stop what?

I can see that you are very passionate but I do not understand what it is that you wish to stop?

Personally I want to throw the sim’s phone under a bus but, so less mandatory tech idle-animations. That it would be easier to play historical saves.

What is it that you do not like?

All the changes they keep making to the game play. I understand that features are being added to help with game play but features that alter game play is not a lot of fun. i.e. the recent changes to wants and fear and not being able to change them without a reward. Why didn't they give us something positive instead of negative?

When I played the Sims 2, game play when they added additions got better not worse. Things either became a little easier or added to the fun of playing. I don't think this is so with the Sims 4.

I hate all the changes to the Sims phone. One gets used to playing in a certain way then poof it's all change. Maybe it's ok for the younger generation but then I find I have to learn new things all over again. Bring back landlines LOL

I know it's probably just a grouche on my part but seriously don't EA and Sims team have a plan about what they are going to do from the start. Or do they just suddenly think "oh we will do that toady, it's something new" LOL