Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Latest patch 1.62

I have just turned on my PS4 hoping to update but it's not downloading and when I go to check the updates it tells me my Sims version is the latest one. Am I the only person without access to the patch?

Comments

• fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    Nevermind, saw on rumour and spec that it's later in the week. Usually it says it in the patch notes.
  • BWolf20BWolf20 Posts: 6 New Member
    I don't see this patch 1.62. I hadn't updated my Sims game in a while, so I didn't bother updating 1.61 because I heard so many people had issues with it. Since I heard this 1.62 was out, I assumed I had to go ahead and update with 1.61 before I was able to get 1.62. But 1.62 is not showing up as an update on my ps4. Shouldn't it be out by now?
    edited August 2022
    Yeh it's out now and when you update it will always update with the latest patch.

It came out on the day that I posted but later in the day, as I'm on GMT and hadn't thought about the time difference.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I don't trust the patches any more. That's why I haven't updated since last year, before the July patch that caused the game to crash when trying to load saved games.
    2quwd7.gif

I don't trust the patches any more. That's why I haven't updated since last year, before the July patch that caused the game to crash when trying to load saved games.

So far the patch has been fine. I just roll with it. We don't have to worry about mods and they do fix things fairly quickly. Also we get lots of free stuff. The crashing patch was very upsetting. I'd get, like, 10 mins of gameplay and then it would crash. So frustrating.

I would say that the patches have added a little bit more depth to gameplay and there is more challenge but if you're happy with your game as is then don't spoil a good thing. I've really been enjoying starting with a scenario and building a story off of it as starting with a standard save can be a bit bland at time. Helps me get more invested in the characters.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    When I downloaded the patch with "University" pack, many of my houses in my old save became unplayable as they were crashing.
    2quwd7.gif

• stephenthedobermanstephenthedoberman Posts: 1 New Member
    yeah i installed the update for my sims for playstation 4 and there is a bug or glitch in the patch with whoohoo option i am only allowed to discuss whoohoo intrest. and when i have a male sim flirt with male sim those option are faded