Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you turn off the social bunny feature?

I don't have the new pack. I am unsure if I will get it once it goes on sale, but the answer to this question will definitely influence my decision. Can you disable the social bunny? I have no interest in spending time to have my sims keep up with social media. I have also seen people complain about the social bunny adding romantic relationsships to sims, which I definately don't want.

1. Is there a way to turn it off entirely? I hope it can be turned of in general for all sims just like we can do for the fame system?
2. Can it be turned on and off on a sim by sim basis? Is it turned on by default for new sims?
3. Does the social bunny also affect unplayed sims? For example if you move in a sim who was a townie, will they have lots of (romantic) relationships due to the social bunny?

Comments

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I haven't seen a way to turn it off but it's not constant pop ups you have to interact with it on your own.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I think you opt out of it by just not creating an account and interacting on social bunny. I played a sim for several days and she didn't get any pop-ups from it.
  • lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    @Atreya33 I think I can help!

1. There is not a general “turn on/off” toggle for social bunny.
    2. You can opt-out of social bunny per sim by using the phone settings.
    3. I haven’t seen any sims autonomously get into relationships via social bunny.

I don’t have any social bunny pop-ups and I have the app deactivated for some sims and activated for others. If you don’t want to use social bunny, I’d recommend deactivating profiles for all of your played sims. By default, they will have active profiles.
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    jpajari wrote: »

3. I haven’t seen any sims autonomously get into relationships via social bunny.

I don’t have any social bunny pop-ups and I have the app deactivated for some sims and activated for others. If you don’t want to use social bunny, I’d recommend deactivating profiles for all of your played sims. By default, they will have active profiles.

Thank you. I wish the profiles were switched off by default and you have to turn them on but it's OK. I think I could manage with deactivating profiles for my sims.
  • StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    jpajari wrote: »

Thank you. I wish the profiles were switched off by default and you have to turn them on but it's OK. I think I could manage with deactivating profiles for my sims.

I tried to turn notifications off. The sim has to do it manually. So if they skipped the command or it just kept going I can't tell for sure. But it's very distracting with all the blinking lights. I have turned all those sound off a long ago, maybe it just stopped the sound if it had any?
    I don't get pop-up's but the lights are still blinking.

I have to keep an eye on the phone ringing same place. Now that social bunny, and even the event calendar(!!!) keep blinking I get distracted even more that all the stupid "I heard you became friends with so or so - clearly your a good person to know" - Eeew! Go away!
    Or the endless new job offers! I wish I could get a setting only for essential messages, or at least turn off the spam calls!
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    If you find away to turn off that annoying thing ping me.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I wish there was a toggle to turn off the phone. Oh well. :'(
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    You can turn off notifications from the phone menu.
  • StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member

You'll be the first on my list - so don't turn it off before! :D
    Stinalina wrote: »

You'll be the first on my list - so don't turn it off before! :D

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I just watched a video by LGR reviewing HSY. In it he showed that there is a setting on the phone where you can deactivate Social Bunny. Don't know though if doing that will lessen a Sim's obsession with phones. I hope so, as I am not happy their phone obsession is now worse. Will be deactivating all my Sims' Social Bunny use!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I just watched a video by LGR reviewing HSY. In it he showed that there is a setting on the phone where you can deactivate Social Bunny. Don't know though if doing that will lessen a Sim's obsession with phones. I hope so, as I am not happy their phone obsession is now worse. Will be deactivating all my Sims' Social Bunny use!

It would be nice if they check their phones less.
    Also thank you for pointing out that LGR made a review. I thought he was done with sims 4 so I didn't even check if he had a video about it. .
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    Yup, I turned my sims' Social Bunny off, deactivated it but the stupid lights are still on, the phone and the calendar. I could never figure out how the social bunny interaction worked so I turned off the notifications. I thought deactivating it would make the lights go away. It didn't. Please EA, make the lights go away! >:)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited August 2022
    You opt in by adding friends in the app. Once opted in you can choose to deactivate your account via the phone menu.
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    You opt in by adding friends in the app. Once opted in you can choose to deactivate your account via the phone menu.
    Wait you can that thing is annoying and actually I never activated it and it hasn't been doing anything.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    To turn it off:
    phone -> social -> deactivate social bunny

To clear notifications:
    Social Bunny: You have to view the new thing it's notifying you about, and then switch to another Social Bunny tab, and only THEN can you close the menu and have the game realize you read the new thing. No idea why but it seems to work this way.
    Calendar: You have to view the calendar event it's notifying you about. If just opening up the calendar doesn't work, try hovering over the day that got a new event.
  • smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    You can (supposedly) turn off notifications by going to the social bunny "page" on the phone (from where you can open social bunny) and choosing that option, but I still would constantly get the little glowing dot. I deactivated my adult sims' accounts, and once my teen sim had aged up, I deactivated hers, too, since it seemed a lot more high-school based. I may just deactivate all sims' social bunny accounts except for ones who seem like the social media type, like my teen sim had been a simfluencer, so it made sense that she'd use social bunny constantly.
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited August 2022
    just don't use it ;) simple as that.

if you don't add anyone to your friend list nothing will happen and unplayed sims don't use it to my knowledge.

the game might add responses of your own sim tho which nobody will respond to but this is an issue many people want to get rid of but as long as you have no sims added to the friend list you shouldn't gain any relationships from these