Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should EA fix in Sims 4 first?

Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
edited July 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Also, feel free to explain what you want fixed as well.

Some have issues understanding the concept of the options here, so a quick run-down:

Expansion packs: bugs specifically in the EPs- ie Dine out, Get to Work.

Game Packs: bugs specific to game packs.

Stuff packs: bugs specific to SPs.

Kits: bug fixes in kits

Base game: General gameplay- needs decay, general mechanics.

Overall pack Integration: ie why not have a real, blood-sucking vampire in Batuu- being able to feast on the smugglers?
Post edited by Gamer_34567544 on

What should EA fix in Sims 4 first? 136 votes

Expansion Packs
9%
MonaSolstraaledragonfreakmueller_liteMarvinKoshHarukotyanAPottsAlyssaBrosiBID-Christian_natalieViolettaVaniliciousIsharellscandisimmmer 13 votes
Game Packs
2%
Onverserhans-martijnllejena 3 votes
Stuff Packs
0%
Kits
0%
Base Game
37%
pc452000WedIllandryaCynnamljones88TorieDarquayjmac2727Sonata13SingerThenyoukissmeRenato10Sorak4kw4222QueenMercySimsLovinLycanmirta000OldeseadoggeBren91LiELFMDianaSims 51 votes
Overall pack integration
50%
crocobauraCK213GoldmoldarOolonglongoveronSusanaLeotePeachesnDucksPruThistleMariefoxprice83MagdaleenafriendlysimmersSavorySageg01denswanshygirlloubylouloualanmichael1NinoosimTiffanyLea007Rachel580PinkHairGuitar 69 votes

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Overall pack integration
    I play my game vanilla and although some packs *cough Dine Out* need fixes, they don't stop me from playing restaurants. Basegame currently has the aging bug which is serious and I expect it to get fixed pretty quick. But overall I'm mostly left wanting overall pack integration, especially for the wants and fears system and I think it should be a priority.
  • Options
    Overall pack integration
    If I go to Batuu as a vampire, I want to still be a vampire and drink.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Expansion Packs
    Drat! I voted before reading all the options. DUH. It should have been overall pack integration.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Overall pack integration
    1) Travelling
    2) Aging
    3) Restaurant chefs
    4) GTW careers
  • Options
    jmac2727jmac2727 Posts: 306 Member
    edited July 2022
    Base Game
    ROFL, LOL, *tries to control giggling* ... wow man .. there are WAY too many issues to even start trying to prioritize one of them... sheesh.. fix ANYTHING and I'll be happy, at least that would be a change to the status quo.

*edit* but if I had to name one of them... that bug where you go to CAS and it completely slows down your game till you hit escape... that bug has been in the game FOREVER, and it impacts a huge portion of the game.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Bugs. :|
  • Options
    Overall pack integration
    Kimmer wrote: »

What bugs?
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member

What bugs?
    Aging bug and gardening bug are the worst. I don't even remember any other bugs that would bother me as much as those two. My vanilla game is usually very bug-free but the few ones that it has are really annoying.
    I don't need EA to fix anything else in my game than the bugs, everything else is fine for me.
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    Base Game
    I'd say overall pack integration, but I think the reason why packs are made so separate is due to the shaky foundation each pack is built upon, ie: the base game.

It may not necessarily seem as broken as it could be sometimes, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have problems with the way it is made to function. It is still a game that was originally an online multiplayer game, last second converted into a single player offline game. It has limitations, some which the team have expressed to us over the years, and probably a lot more that they have not. It's why there's such a focus on BB/CAS, especially within the last few years and the introduction of kits (that don't come with a "hero" gameplay object the way stuff packs did (and in the case of the little campers kit, those gameplay objects are just reskins, so nothing new)).

I'd love to see more pack integration. It's one of my biggest problems with HSY not functioning with Parenthood (and GT but to a lesser extent). But I'm curious how much of the lack of integration is due to just the way they've decided to make packs work this gen (which would be... an interesting choice), or if it's a base game problem 🤔
  • Options
    SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    Overall pack integration
    Obviously, the bugs need to be fixed first, but if we're talking about after that, then they need to move away from the parasitic design that they've been cranking out for years and instead make sure that the game works holistically. A tiny thing that drives me nuts...I have Bust the Dust (yes I like mundane things like vacuums), and for whatever reason, the maid who comes to my house doesn't use a vacuum. They clean the toilet, they pick up books and plates, but vacuums? Nah. Why? Because the kit wasn't built to interact with the Base Game...or anything else.

Just have someone sit down and figure out how a new pack or kit would impact other packs or kits. Heck, if they want, I'll do it. I'll make flow charts and everything. Just buy me coffee and give me an air conditioned room to sit in.
  • Options
    Overall pack integration
    Obviously, the bugs need to be fixed first, but if we're talking about after that, then they need to move away from the parasitic design that they've been cranking out for years and instead make sure that the game works holistically. A tiny thing that drives me nuts...I have Bust the Dust (yes I like mundane things like vacuums), and for whatever reason, the maid who comes to my house doesn't use a vacuum. They clean the toilet, they pick up books and plates, but vacuums? Nah. Why? Because the kit wasn't built to interact with the Base Game...or anything else.

Just have someone sit down and figure out how a new pack or kit would impact other packs or kits. Heck, if they want, I'll do it. I'll make flow charts and everything. Just buy me coffee and give me an air conditioned room to sit in.

This is a call to fix bugs in certain areas first. :)
  • Options
    Overall pack integration
    lexibee wrote: »
    I'd say overall pack integration, but I think the reason why packs are made so separate is due to the shaky foundation each pack is built upon, ie: the base game.

It may not necessarily seem as broken as it could be sometimes, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have problems with the way it is made to function. It is still a game that was originally an online multiplayer game, last second converted into a single player offline game. It has limitations, some which the team have expressed to us over the years, and probably a lot more that they have not. It's why there's such a focus on BB/CAS, especially within the last few years and the introduction of kits (that don't come with a "hero" gameplay object the way stuff packs did (and in the case of the little campers kit, those gameplay objects are just reskins, so nothing new)).

I'd love to see more pack integration. It's one of my biggest problems with HSY not functioning with Parenthood (and GT but to a lesser extent). But I'm curious how much of the lack of integration is due to just the way they've decided to make packs work this gen (which would be... an interesting choice), or if it's a base game problem 🤔

And I actually agree with this. I hope EA pays attention to these threads I'm starting.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Overall pack integration
    The question is somewhat unclear to me, pack integration is importent to me! But what they should fix as son as possible is the aging problem and that needs problem that I read about today
  • Options
    Overall pack integration
    Peral wrote: »
    The question is somewhat unclear to me, pack integration is importent to me! But what they should fix as son as possible is the aging problem and that needs problem that I read about today

Base-game issues, then. :)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Overall pack integration

Definitely agree with this, what kind of maid service doesn't come equipped with their own vacuum cleaner? Anyway, restaurants in my game are really bugged lately, it's not just the chefs that wait on the sidewalk, but now the customers don't sit at their tables to eat their meals, they grab them form the table and eat them standing up, even my owned played sim does that.
  • Options
    Overall pack integration
    Peral wrote: »

I just edited the top page so it's clearer.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Overall pack integration
    i would say all packs
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Overall pack integration

What bugs?
    Aging bug and gardening bug are the worst. I don't even remember any other bugs that would bother me as much as those two. My vanilla game is usually very bug-free but the few ones that it has are really annoying.
    I don't need EA to fix anything else in my game than the bugs, everything else is fine for me.

Base game. :)
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,036 Member
    All of the above?

Overall pack integration is definitely needed, but generally if there are too many bugs to play some packs, what use is integration? Set a team on fixing base game issues, adding more gameplay and integrating packs with base game features such as wants/fears. At the same time, set other teams on updating/refreshing and fixing the various packs. Each team could probably handle one EP, one GP and one SP. Start with the ones with most problems and work your way down. Integration could be worked with as a part of that.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Overall pack integration
    The whole thing needs to be fixed at one time and not just one area.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,962 Member
    edited July 2022
    I don't think this could be looked at so simply because the bugs don't contain themselves either :sweat_smile:

I think they need to search for the root causes to bugs where problem isn't say "werewolves using umbrellas" or " swimming sims using umbrellas"

but it is "sims reaching for umbrellas autonomously and even when they do not own one"

if you just fix the werewolves using umbrellas part then the umbrellas continue to be glitchy in other situations and future situations

this is only the most obvious example but i am sure there is many we can't even track but are just caused by something silly that is not well thought out

its just don't fix issue that is caused by bigger issue just fix the bigger issue the smaller issue will be gone

also obviously at the moment i am definitely wanting that fame and aging bug gone since its making me unable to play my main save
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Overall pack integration
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I don't think this could be looked at so simply because the bugs don't contain themselves either :sweat_smile:

I think they need to search for the root causes to bugs where problem isn't say "werewolves using umbrellas" or " swimming sims using umbrellas"

but it is "sims reaching for umbrellas autonomously and even when they do not own one"

if you just fix the werewolves using umbrellas part then the umbrellas continue to be glitchy in other situations and future situations

this is only the most obvious example but i am sure there is many we can't even track but are just caused by something silly that is not well thought out

I set it up this way since I can't add a poll for each expansion pack as well as base game and pack integration. It's not intended to be general, but rather identify where the real issues lie. :)
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Overall pack integration
    The lack of integration is highly annoying. And the gardening bug. That's really the only issues I have in my game lol.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Overall pack integration
    Pack integration needs to happen they need to stop ignoring older packs as if they don't exist. Features like ocean swimming should be in all worlds Granite Falls not having a swimmable lake is a crime, wants and fears should include all packs because many packs have traits and things Sims would want and fear.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    TheGrandTourFanTheGrandTourFan Posts: 33 Member
    Base Game
    Fix the base game first; then concentrate on everything else.