Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 High School Year's Negative thread

Comments

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Diassa wrote: »
    Anyone knows why Teens wear similar outfits on 99% of time? I didn't see any explanation in game. And it looks so ridiculous.
    bFRddVU.jpg

From what I can tell, it's linked to after-school clubs that seem to take place on certain days. It's annoying that all students will wear the associated outfits instead of those who are only associated with the club. So I'm hoping it's a bug of some kind or maybe an oversite.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,012 Member
    I've stopped playing it too, but I keep coming back here hoping for news.
    Unlucky for EA, I didn't buy the pack. I spent my money on expansions for Cities Skylines and then Planet Zoo. I'm having a blast. Not that EA will care one hoot.
    @elanorbreton I'm doing the same thing. Checking for updates, but not playing TS4. My game is too messed up.

I also have not bought TS4's HSY yet, and I'm not sure I will. I guess it will depend on whether modders fix the issues because it doesn't look like EA will. Right now, I'm having a problem from the patch itself. Wants and Fears are not staying turned off despite everything I try, even doing 2 game repairs and removing all mods. The whole W&F system is borked. Why would I add to that mess by buying HSY? Who wants unrealistic and inappropriate relationships added to their game?
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    @Diassa @RedShoe7 That happens on days when the after-school activities are going to meet, I think. They are team outfits.

Ugh. That's what I figured. Considering how often these clubs meet, that pretty much means your sims' classmates will show up to school in matching outfits every day -____-
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    @Diassa @RedShoe7 That happens on days when the after-school activities are going to meet, I think. They are team outfits.

Ugh. That's what I figured. Considering how often these clubs meet, that pretty much means your sims' classmates will show up to school in matching outfits every day -____-

Does anyone know of any mods to stop these "situation" outfits at school? I've had to mod or turn off practically everything from this update and pack. I'm getting sick of it.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2022
    RedShoe7 wrote: »

Does anyone know of any mods to stop these "situation" outfits at school? I've had to mod or turn off practically everything from this update and pack. I'm getting sick of it.

No High School Situation Outfit by NateTheL0ser will disable them.
    logion wrote: »
    RedShoe7 wrote: »

No High School Situation Outfit by NateTheL0ser will disable them.

Thank you soooo much!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited August 2022
    It's almost High school uniforms ...
    @Diassa wrote: »
    Anyone knows why Teens wear similar outfits on 99% of time? I didn't see any explanation in game. And it looks so ridiculous.

• DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member

That makes sense, but why are they wearing them during classes and breaks, which means all day?

I also have issue with Trendi. 99 percent of time I can't sell outfits. Plus my sim wears an outfit they bought in thrift store when they shower and sleep. LOL
    This is annoying..
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited September 2022
    Cinebar wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »
    I wasn't intending for my sims to go to the first prom, but one of their friends invited them to go as friends.
    07-30-22_5-10-13_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I saw it as a good chance to adjust the lighting in the building.
    07-30-22_5-14-16_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It was very nice and I got to try out the effects machine from Get Famous.
    07-30-22_5-18-09_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It was all going to plan until this sim, who didn't even dress appropriately for prom, interrupts the principle's speech, announcing the prom royalty, just to take a picture in the photo booth.
    07-30-22_5-36-05_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

and then it was over.
    Nice job ruining prom, Carrie.
    07-30-22_5-36-39_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

This had better be a rare fluke.

That's a pretty dull prom. I only see about fourteen Sims (was that the amount that attended?) instead of the promised twenty Sims per lot.

I also can't understand why Maxis who built TS3 didn't set a timer like in TS3's events or lots for the place to start slowly clearing out as it got closer and closer to 2 A.M. then close the event at a certain time instead of it ending because somebody took a photo in the photo booth. What would happen if you removed the photo booth? Would the prom go on all night? lol

Where was the crazy stuff that happened at the proms I attended. There was always somone spiking the punch....someone drinking too much of it, somebody making out in a broom closet, somebody making a fool out of themselves by doing a Saturday Night Fever dance solo in the middle of the floor, and or dancing on the tables, falling off, and the mean girl snobs in the bathroom? That's the kind of proms I attended. Somebody showed up in the same dress. Somebody was mad because their ex was there with a new date. Somebody was crying over it, and or getting even and making an A out of themselves. No drama? No special break up to make up at prom drama?? Lol this looks pretty dull to me.

Well if you have some other packs, you could probably spice it up a bit….. add a woohoo closet, or a bush outside. Or and a romance keg from university inside, or even set up a photo spot from Get to Work or Moschino stuff. I wonder if you could set up a dance floor from Get Together and have a dance off. And if you wanted to cause drama you could break up with your date.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member

That makes sense, but why are they wearing them during classes and breaks, which means all day?

I also have issue with Trendi. 99 percent of time I can't sell outfits. Plus my sim wears an outfit they bought in thrift store when they shower and sleep. LOL
    This is annoying..

Why wouldn't they?
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Well if you have some other packs, you could probably spice it up a bit….. add a woohoo closet, or a bush outside. Or and a romance keg from university inside, or even set up a photo spot from Get to Work or Moschino stuff. I wonder if you could set up a dance floor from Get Together and have a dance off. And if you wanted to cause drama you could break up with your date.

These are interesting ideas, but Prom lasts so quickly you have no time for all activities. I even never had time to complete all tasks the game wants me to complete.
    Now I refuse to go to Prom. I also send my teen to school alone, because there is nothing to do there...

RcdS04K.jpg
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited September 2022
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

These are interesting ideas, but Prom lasts so quickly you have no time for all activities. I even never had time to complete all tasks the game wants me to complete.
    Now I refuse to go to Prom. I also send my teen to school alone, because there is nothing to do there...

Yeah it is over too quickly to actually enjoy it.
    I was hoping they would manipulate time so it passes slower while at prom.
    That's what I would have done if I was creating this game.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    It's funny how we're telling all these problems in this thread yet all they did was fix scenarios no I'm sick of getting asked for you want to go to prom or be best friends by complete strangers, im tired of having the same teacher for every class I would like to be in room 2 for a change because it is highschool. Prom needs to be a little longer it's way to short, and graduation ceremony also where's the GRADUATION PARTY!?!?!? YOU SKIPPED OUT FOR UNIVERSITY AND NOW HIGHSCHOOL!?!? I don't know about y'all but my family be having graduation parties especially if someone graduates highschool.
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    It's funny how we're telling all these problems in this thread yet all they did was fix scenarios no I'm sick of getting asked for you want to go to prom or be best friends by complete strangers, im tired of having the same teacher for every class I would like to be in room 2 for a change because it is highschool. Prom needs to be a little longer it's way to short, and graduation ceremony also where's the GRADUATION PARTY!?!?!? YOU SKIPPED OUT FOR UNIVERSITY AND NOW HIGHSCHOOL!?!? I don't know about y'all but my family be having graduation parties especially if someone graduates highschool.

I believe you can click on the whiteboard before classes start to assign that room to the class. People do it to ensure their students are being taught in an appropriate room for the lesson.
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited September 2022
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    Unlike 'Werewolves', I liked this trailer and what I saw in it. Nothing looked bad...but here's where having seen all this before comes in:
    -How much of what was in the trailer is trailer fluff?
    -I'm guessing due to how much of it was prom-focused, this'll be the big selling-point of the pack, which then leads me to wonder how fleshed out other aspects will be.
    -Football will be like soccer, for sure, given they didn't show off anything sports-like.
    -Cheerleading will be very basic and tied to the mat object, most likely.
    -The only substantial things I saw were the school layout, the proms, the amusement park, and that one shop.
    -It pretty much looks based off of a CW show, which means it is basically a made-for-tv interpretation of American high school, with all of the tropes, but modernized and sanitized (and with 30-somethings acting like teenagers). Usually they're filmed in Canada, funnily enough.
    -I'm definitely going to need the Livestream for this one (wish they still did gameplay trailers). I really want to know how useful it'll all be. I'm one of those who notices what isn't shown just as much as what is.
    -I need to see how...blurry/drawn on the body hair will be. They didn't give enough of a good look in the trailer, especially in the back/torso area. Looked good on the legs and arms, though.
    -The b/b style was...ecclectic.
    -The cas styles were so made-for-tv that it hurts.

American high school dramas have this weird thing where they blend time periods, the teenagers are all so far past drinking age that the bottles are the ones carded, they're always set in some stuck-in-the-past town with people just barely older than the teenagers all acting as if they're boomers, blending super posh upper-class people with lower-class people who look like their only financial struggles are wrapped up in a shopping addiction, always some sort of diner everyone hangs out in, and it's always got some kind of run-down outskirts and/or an amusement park, an old-timey theatre, and the high school is essentially a university all its own. All it's missing is a slew of pickup trucks that all the kids drive (alongside a beater or two) and a drive-in.

This is a made-for-tv high school experience. That's not a bad thing, mind you, but I do wonder what all will be usable past reenacting everything from Dawson's Creek to Riverdale, and pretending there's an actual place on Earth that lives like that.

Six years ago I turned off my TV and never went back. Two years ago, ironically, T-Mobile sent me a free 49" TV after I brought a new phone. I never turn it on. Got tired of American TV, and I'm American! :D

Does anyone know if you go to school you still can't raise your grades (to raise a grade you needed to send teen alone)? It was a bug, but did they fix it?
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited September 2022
    It's been a little longer playing it, and honestly.

It's kinda problematic, with the autonomy on I have to babysit my Sims so they don't get up during class/exam to go randomly clean a puddle, I've gotten up from my chair for a minute and came back so many times to my Sim up and getting yelled at by the head teacher.

Also my biggest gripe is prom. I just don't like goaled events* since they rush you into a checklist rather than being free to do things how you want, but the biggest killer is the fact the music there IS NOT affected by your settings for your music. I genuinelly have to turn my entire PC volume down before that place gives me hearing damage since even with music off the prom blares louder than anything else.

Speaking of prom. My teens graduated early before and still gets negative sentients with and from their crush for not being asked to one, even though none of them can ask anymore.

*Especially because goaled events rarely fit the Sim. Be nice to a teacher or student and work out constantly? I know many more people who as Sims would have rolled one to go fight a student just for being a geek or to vandalise the toilets by throwing toilet paper at the ceiling.

AAAAnd lastly, Prom has a chance to just freeze my game on building lot, it lasts forever. I have all the reasons to avoid the prom, and none to go.

I was hoping my mean and evil Sims could go spitball a students back during lesson
    L9q8VGi.png
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    I don't know if this has been brought up or not and I don't want to read 45 pages to find out, so forgive me if I am repeating anybody.

I find it highly annoying and offensive how little care they gave the sims in HSY and the way they are dressed. Have you looked at Hiddlestix? I think she runs the thrift store? She's a hot mess. She looks like the worst dressed random sim ever created...and yet she wasn't random. Somebody made her that way, then look at the professor. He is also dressed like some sort of joke. Making over these sims was too much work, I wound up completely deleting them.

Normally, I make them over and put them in my tray for MCC to use when the game wants to generate a sim. Not these sims, they're that bad.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited September 2022
    - The default school looks really drab.

- The top floor music and art rooms, and the downstairs chess and computers look like they are just there for the sake of it and were never used in my game.

- Not much happened with the locker at all.

- As a ‘good student’ there wasn’t much to do. Study for exam, chat to teacher, chat to student, use the treadmill or the weight machine and attend class was all I ever got.

- All my classes were in the same room every time.

- Teens I had edited and made for the school never showed up, I got the most generic looking townies. The few I “fixed” didn’t show up to school again.

- Sims wear either a really plain outfit, or a club outfit (football, logic, cheer) every day, except when it’s hot weather and they all show up in their everyday clothes for some reason.

- A different person called me to tell me I could graduate early pretty much every day and this included Summer and Johnny Zest.

- Couldn’t find the sports day judge

- The social media app while cool is really repetitive and everyone from your mom to your estranged dad to your girlfriend goes on about how fun pillow fights are and how you should take up guitar.

But there was good stuff too.. overall it’s probably a good pack if you edit the school and have control over the sims in it.
  • YesshesasimmerYesshesasimmer Posts: 94 Member
    To basic. The idea of HSY was great but it's not very interactive and I wish you could ask questions in class, pass notes, talk in class. You know realistic game play.
  • beckyxmbeckyxm Posts: 5 New Member
    I've stopped being able to go to prom, i click travel to prom but nothing happens. also theres not really any sneaking out anymore? or things like that im guessing its still very much broken
    I use mods that let you change special lot types to other lot types. I was thinking of changing the high school and auditorium lots to something more useful to my game. Has anyone done this?
  • sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member
    Prom is so short. I wish someone came up with a mod that makes it longer because right now you dont have the time to do much.. coupled with the fact that my sims never do what i want them to do + simulation lag + someone is sad because another sim is sad so no one react... it's not really fun but i guess it makes cute screenshots
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    sireneiles wrote: »
    Prom is so short. I wish someone came up with a mod that makes it longer because right now you dont have the time to do much.. coupled with the fact that my sims never do what i want them to do + simulation lag + someone is sad because another sim is sad so no one react... it's not really fun but i guess it makes cute screenshots

I just found a mod for that by Bienchen
    https://bienchen.sems-own-world.de/misc-mods/

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Players have been saying you can't plan events on Friday and Sat due to the prom and exam being every week, is that true?

Every Friday is Exam day. Saturdays are reserved, primarily, for Prom. But, I've had my Sims do stuff on Saturdays (I don't plan Events, however) but he's a Rock Star and he gives concerts and does photoshoots for magazine covers, since he gets these offers, daily. Sometimes I even send him down to the recording studios to work on an album. (I have a mod for all of this.) I've yet to have a Sim graduate high school, however. I let him age up and he was considered a Drop Out! Say, WHAT? The celebrity was carrying a A average across the board, too. This is absurd.

Conversely, and this just happened in my game yesterday afternoon, I added a family to my save. I proceeded to age up the only Teen in said family. He gets a pop up saying he's a Valedictorian for Copperdale. Never once set foot on the lot. Go figure! Happy for him. Feeling antagonistic toward HSY. Gr. It's a mess.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top