Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your settings for the lunar cycle?

Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
I am curious if most people kept the default lunar cycle or changed it in the options menu?

I think the default 8 days works pretty well with the 2 week seasons setting because this gets 2 full moons for most seasons (occasionally just one) I have temporarily changed it to 4 days to explore the new gamepack and cut down on the waiting time. Once I get back to my main save, I will use the 8 day lunar cycle.

Feel free to elaborate on what you think is a good time for the lunar cycle and what combination you prefer with seasons settings if you have seasons.
Post edited by Atreya33 on

What are your settings for the lunar cycle? 52 votes

2 days
0%
4 days
1%
GalacticGal 1 vote
8 days (default setting)
57%
crocobauraCK213SimmervilleMartinvrudolphasimgirl1010loubyloulouLizzychicagoSimplyJenDragonAge_300905halloweenchildZeldaboy180Missmagoo2snoepjes1210SimsLovinLycansunblondcalipossRedShoe7CattyBetsyAtreya33 30 votes
16 days
13%
DoloresGreyBreazonamusteniThriorDaepheneSharoniaHandel 7 votes
24 days
17%
elanorbretontaydevSweetieWright_84cyncieEnkiSchmidtDaniRose2143birdonawireMadachan88Peral 9 votes
one permanent moon phase
3%
duhboy2u2SERVERFRA 2 votes
other, because there are always people asking for this option
5%
friendlysimmerscatmando830randy2355 3 votes

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    8 days (default setting)
    Only because I haven't had time to determine what works best for my style of play.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    8 days (default setting)
    I play with 2 week seasons and custom aging, so the default of 8 days feels right.

Granted, I'm playing more with spellcasters than with Werewolves at the moment because I've gone back to my main save which is a Spellcaster legacy, so the full moons only matter if I'm out on the town.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    24 days
    I set it on the max to fit in with my max seasons setting.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    8 days (default setting)
    I plan to extend seasons from 14 days to max (28 days?) so I will probably use a longer lunar cycle when I do that. Not sure 16 or 24.

Btw, I like the change of lighting due to the moon. I don't have the Werewolf pack yet though, so it limits my effects to BG.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    16 days
    I put mine on 16 days but honestly I've been struggling to know which one is best for my life span and season length.

I play with the long life span and my seasons set at 14 days each. Does anybody know which cycle length would be best for this?
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    8 days (default setting)
    Putting an 8 day cycle with 14 day seasons works great for me. It feels like the most natural combo in my opinion.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    8 days (default setting)
    I have 28 days seasons, but only 8 days lunar cycle. I like it that the full moon comes faster and lasts only one night now that I'm still getting familiar with werewolves.

Yet I have this feeling that eventually I may change it to 16 days, because 8 days is perhaps a bit too fast. I'm just worried that 16 days is too long and two consecutive full moon nights might be too much.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited June 2022
    I haven't updated my game yet, but I may end up using various "permanent" phases depending on what's going on in my story stuff at the time in any given save. Hard to say for sure just yet, though. I'll have to wait and see how it feels to me after I update.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    other, because there are always people asking for this option
    i answer other option because my answer is none of the above
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    8 days (default setting)
    i answer other option because my answer is none of the above

Please feel free to tell us your answer. It is often the answers that don't come to mind when creating a poll which are the most interesting.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    24 days
    I have my seasons set to 28 so it just made sense to me to have the longest lunar cycle as well.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    16 days
    16 for now since I'm playing with the longest setting seasons. 16 just seemed like a happy medium but I guess I'll see whether I'll stick with it. I'm still a noob to this update after all.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    24 days
    24 because if you give me a setting I'm just going to put it on whatever the maximum is.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    16 days
    I picked 16 because I wanted longer than default because my seasons are long and lifespan is long too. The most nocitebale thing for me is that on 8 the full moon lasts one night, but comes quicker whereas on 16 it lasts two nights and comes twice as slow. I still haven't decided which way I want to play, but pretty sure my final setting will be either 8 or 16.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    8 days (default setting)
    Only because I haven't had time to determine what works best for my style of play.
    musteni wrote: »
    I picked 16 because I wanted longer than default because my seasons are long and lifespan is long too. The most nocitebale thing for me is that on 8 the full moon lasts one night, but comes quicker whereas on 16 it lasts two nights and comes twice as slow. I still haven't decided which way I want to play, but pretty sure my final setting will be either 8 or 16.

I am also still trying to figure out what works best for me, hence my question.
    haisin wrote: »
    I have 28 days seasons, but only 8 days lunar cycle. I like it that the full moon comes faster and lasts only one night now that I'm still getting familiar with werewolves.

Yet I have this feeling that eventually I may change it to 16 days, because 8 days is perhaps a bit too fast. I'm just worried that 16 days is too long and two consecutive full moon nights might be too much.

I am also wondering if two or three consecutive moons are easy to handle with werewolves.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    16 days
    Right now I have 16. I don't have werewolves yet. I like having two days in a row for the stages that affect my other occults. Once I have the pack I'll see if I still like two full moons in a row.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    8 days (default setting)
    I honestly forgot I could change it. :D
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    24 days
    24 to match the long seasons
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I haven't changed any of the werewolf settings. I think the moon phases feel pretty good but I might extend them just to try a different setting though.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    4 days
    I haven't taken the time to research what the cycles of the moon are in RL. Too busy playing the game! Plus, I don't have nor want werewolves so the impact is not so great in my game. In the beginning, I did the 'check the night sky' thing, but nothing too breath-taking was there to see. ::Shrugs:: Oh, well …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    24 days
    I play 24 days as I do with seasons, not to get the game to repatitive
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    16 days
    16, just because I wanted some half-phases in there rather than just full-moon/quarter/half ect.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!