Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family orientated 100 baby challenge

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @Seera1024 I love that we don’t have to go daddy hunting anymore. Welcome to little U-Know and congratulations on the pregnancy <3

@Dinkus83 welcome to little Brynnlee <3

@All
    All of the girls aged up, Ann is in her second trimester.

Carly <3
    Z5cMith.png

Debby <3
    Fto4OkG.png

Emma <3
    Imx9oFr.png

• Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited June 2022
    Hi All!
    I have been lurking and play-testing, and have decided to dive into this. I have already played one sim week, to catch up with everyone. I have attempted the 100 Baby Challenge before, but never made it past Gen. 1 because I get rather upset when my sims die. So, playing with aging off (or long lifespan), with the same couple appealed to me.

I decided to do this challenge Rags to Riches Extreme style, starting with 0 simoleons, living off-the-grid, not being able to sell from inventory (can sell from selling table, plopsy or self-publish), simoleons earned from own skills (no jobs), and only be able to travel to other worlds or friend's houses, if invited. They are also starting with a "blueprint" for a Tiny Living Residential Home on their lot. Starting in Summer on the Via Romanza lot in the Terra Amarosa neighborhood. Baby names and skills will be randomized (doing A-Z names first). Babies will be aged up when they are Good Friends with both parents.

[Note: Tartosa is a really hard world to start Rags to Riches, as there are only 3 harvestables - tomato, lily and grape, and the "message in a bottle" collectibles are worth 0 simoleons. However, I just bought this pack and wanted to try it out.]

100 BABY CHALLENGE BABY NAMES/TRAITS:
    1. AYDEN - Geek, Dog Lover, Clumsy. Friend of the World Aspiration, Entertainment Career.
    2. BRAYLON - Cheerful, Creative, Childish. World Famous Celebrity Aspiration, Actor Career
    3. CLARE - Music Lover, Romantic, Self-Absorbed. Leader of the Pack Aspiration, Business Career.
    4. DILLAN (TWIN) - Mean, Jealous, Romantic, Serial Romantic Aspiration, Actor Career.
    6. DEREK (TWIN) - Good, Bro, Loves Outdoors, Bodybuilder Aspiration, Athlete Career (Engaged to Greta Laurent)
    7. ELISSA - Child of the Ocean, Green Fiend, Beach Life Aspiration
    8. FARIS (TRIPLET)
    9. FELIX (TRIPLET)
    10. FIONA (TRIPLET)

CHAPTER 1 - ZACH AND KACI HOBBS - FAMILY 100 BABY CHALLENGE

kaci-and-zach-the-start.png

Backstory:

Zach has the glutton, loves outdoors and loves music traits and his Aspiration is The Curator. Kaci has the erratic, vegetarian and Family-oriented traits and her Aspiration is Lady of the Knits. They met on a school exchange program in Tartosa and had their first kiss at the Lover's Tree.

first-kiss-at-the-tree.png

they-had-their-first-kiss-at-the-lover-s-tree.png

They were in love and got married "in the heat of the moment" at the Romance Festival in San Myshuno. For their honeymoon, they backpacked through Europe and went back to Tartosa, the place they first fell in love. After selling everything they owned, they looked for a plot of land, and found a perfect property overlooking the sea. The land was near a small picnic area and there were some great fishing spots on the boardwalk. It was a short walk to the beach at Hideaway Falls, which had a public restroom and some lounge chairs. After heading to city hall, and plunking down their simoleons, they bought the land, and were ready to start their life together, and hopefully begin a family soon.
    The first few days were tough, but they met many sims. Zach fished, and was lucky to be mentored by Ekram Elderberry. While Zach fished, Kaci sang for tips at the boardwalk (although most sims just watched and didn't give any tips), and Kaci also harvested lily and tomato plants around Tartosa. Their new neighbors, Mateo and Lucia Markovic, brought them some fruitcake, which lasted them several days. They were also fortunate that a sim had grilled some frank and beans at the picnic area; which Kaci ate, even though this was against her vegetarian principles.

ZACH-FINALLY-CATCHES-HIS-FIRST-FISH.png

Luck was with them and they were invited to a dance party at the Von Haunt Estate in Windenburg. While there, Zach earned $90 simoleons in tips from singing and Kaci was able to harvest some plants from the Von Haunt Estate gardens (lemon, cherry, basil, sage, parsley, basil, bluebell, blackberry). They were so happy that they "tried for baby" in a woohoo bush on the grounds. They decided to spend $15 simoleons on a pregnancy test, and they found out that Kaci was expecting. Zach was kind of surprised at first, but they were both thrilled that they would soon have a family.

INVITED-TO-A-DANCE-PARTY-AND-MADE-TIPS.png

As the days passed, they continued to fish, harvest and sing for tips. Zach fished 3 apples and 3 dragonfruit plants, which they planted. They were both tired and their hygiene needs were always low.

SO-MUCH-TO-PLANT-BUT-SO-TIRED.png

They decided to head to Porto Luminoso's main square, but even then, poor Kaci was too tired to sing for tips.

tired-kaci-naps-at-the-fountain.png

However, Zach did find another place to fish.

zach-fishing-in-another-spot.png

One day it got so bad, that they headed into the Celebrazioni d'Amour, a local lounge, to use the public restroom there, which had showers. [Note: This was how this venue came, and I was thrilled!] Things really took off, and while there, Zach sang for tips and Kaci tried her hand at the guitar. Pretty soon, they had enough simoleons for a selling table.

at-teh-lounge.png

Kaci was almost in her third trimester, but they still had no house. Kaci and Zach started selling items at a yard sale at 300% mark-up right away. While Kaci tended the yard sale, Zach fished, and made some great catches, and also fished 4 voodoo dolls and a cowplant berry. Everything Zach caught, they sold, with the exception of the cowplant berry, which they planted.

starting-a-yard-sale.png

They got a call from their friends, the Markovics to come to their house and they had a nice visit, especially being able to use the sink to wash up, and Lucia even made some food. The whole backyard was set up for a wedding, and Zach and Kaci had their first slow dance together.

slow-dancing-together.png

Zach asked Mateo if he could use their computer, and he hacked some simoleons, and also wrote a children's book. They had a wonderful time and headed home.

The next morning, Kaci went into labor and they rushed to the local hospital to have the baby. Their firstborn, a boy, who they named Ayden, which means "little fire". Congratulations!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

BABY # 1: Welcome AYDEN HOBBS

welcome-to-the-world-ayden.png
    Once Kaci, Zach and Baby Ayden returned home, they realized they needed to get a house built. They couldn't really "live off the lawn" with the cold weather coming soon. [Note: I actually up-graded the bed, as Kaci really is tired a lot.]

living-on-the-lawn.png

With a few calls, they were able to afford a small house, which seemed to be built overnight. Zach even got a small royalty check for the book he wrote.
    big-roylaty-report-sat.png

[Note: I built this house and there are quite a few debug items for landscaping purposes. Cost is $13,649. New money-making items include a knitting basket, flower arranging table and a violin. Photo is the finished house with garden planted. It is a Tier 3 - Small Home Tiny Living Residential; Off-The Grid is the only lot trait.]

here-they-are-with-all-the-plants-planted-again.png

Front of house with huge garden.

back-of-house-with-garden-planted.png

Back of house.

bedroom-upper.png

Upper bedroom.

DOWNSTARITS.png

Main floor.
    preggers-with-baby-number-2.png

And Kaci is now preggers with Baby # 2. And it wasn't long until Ayden aged up.

# 1: AYDEN HOBBS Ages up to TODDLER. He has the WILD trait.

adrien-ages-up-to-toddler.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    Dinkus83Dinkus83 Posts: 127 Member
    @mcrudd
    All your girls have dark hair so far. I wonder how long it will take for the blond to get a win in the genetics lol

@SoulGal7
    I've come to really enjoy to rags to riches gameplay, but I've never tried the extreme version. May have to give that a go one day. Your family looks like they're off to a good start! They've got a bigger house than mine already lol

@all
    I've got some time at home today, so I'll be working on getting some shots uploaded to share later after I get some housework done :)
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Okies, it says I'm a full-fledged member now, so lets try out this picture thing!

Eva & Dean Archer
    OCvONP7l.jpg

The first day:
    Eva did some exploring and gathering while Dean tried his hand at fishing. She'd finished wandering the whole neighborhood and all he'd caught was an apple! They bumped into Johnny Zest at the lake, and he told them about a spot near his house in Oasis Springs that is better for beginning fishermen. They decided to go ahead and check it out, as it would give Eva a chance to see what kinds of shops were around to sell some things that she'd found too.
    6rdohu5.jpg

They grabbed some hot dogs to grill before heading back to Newcrest to check out the park and have some dinner.
    dRTY6nw.jpg

The one thing that didn't occur to them was to check the weather report for their new town. It started pouring down rain and ruined Eva's laptop long before she remembered that it was still just sitting back at home, unprotected.
    aH20PPy.jpg

I have more pics to share to catch up their story, but I figured this would be a good start and at least y'all know what they look like now :smiley:
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 welcome to our little thread <3 So happy you are joining in. Love that you are doing it rags to riches style as well, that will be so challenging. Welcome to Zach, Kaci and little Ayden :) Might I add that you are a very good story teller, makes your challenge sound so much more interesting. I am just a challenge player, short little captions when sims age up LOL

@Dinkus83 I wonder about the hair colours too, I have had blue and green eyes so far, but the dark hair dominant as is the fact that they are all girls so far LOL. Lovely to officially meet Eva and Dean <3 Oh noes about the laptop in the rain.

@all, I slammed my finger in the door last night so it hurts to use the mouse, I am typing all of this with one finger from my left hand. I am not sure when I will play again, I did try but could not do it for too long. Might just rest up my finger today :)
  • Options
    @mcrudd
    Ouch! I've done that a few times (even broke a finger doing it once), hope it feels better soon so you can get back to Sim time. Don't hurt yourself just to respond :'(
    I knew that the first 2 babies would be girls in my game, cuz Eva keeps eating strawberries. That and mushrooms are the only edible things she's found and mushrooms made her sick. I usually avoid strawberries and carrots so that gender isn't affected, but that girl needed to eat lol.

Newcrest now
    Iaf10iZl.jpg

More story catch up for the Archers' first week:
    Eva learned that the Sunsurfer frog she found earlier was a sought after pet and could be sold for a decent sum, so she went in search of more.
    q2YswVf.jpg

Later that evening, she convinced Dean that the house would be ready in time and they should go ahead and try to start their family.
    3Yf1qXy.jpg

She forgot to pick up any pregnancy tests when they had gone to town, so it took a while before she was sure...
    kBOPBxs.jpg

Dean still had some doubts about whether they should've waited a bit longer, especially since work on the house had been hindered by all of the bad weather.
    T4Wsl1X.jpg

Late that night there was yet another thunderstorm. This one was particularly scary!
    mtRpnWs.jpg

Since the house still wasn't ready, and the bed had yet to be delivered, they went for a nap on the benches near their property.
    NYDHjaf.jpg

The next day was finally clear, so Dean decided to try and surprise Eva by fixing her laptop while the workers finished putting the walls up for the house.
    VNoWrw1.jpg

The first part of the house was finally done!
    PHxwRWB.jpg

And they got to sleep in their new bed at long last
    TgOg6TN.jpg

The next day their tub arrived. Eva was especially grateful since she had eaten a mushroom earlier that didn't agree with her stomach at all, and she really wanted to enjoy a good soak.
    kuOkfP5.jpg

Now that the house was done, Eva wanted to put her handiness to good use and get it fixed up before the baby arrived.
    GzjbXzH.jpg

She didn't get much work done before it started raining again, and soon it was time to go to the hospital...
    Ya83NwT.jpg

And baby Aliyah was born.
    RKoPL6B.jpg

Eva had worked hard all day to get the house ready, but with all the rain the flooring still wasn't done yet. Dean knew she was exhausted though, so he stayed up with the baby so that Eva could get some much needed sleep.
    IHFVEbu.jpg

I know that was a lot lol, but I've actually been remembering to take screenshots all the time. My next posts should be shorter, since I don't have much catching up left to do on their story.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    CHAPTER 2 - ZACH AND KACI HOBBS - FAMILY 100 BABY CHALLENGE

BEAUTIFUL-DAY-GREAT-WATERFALL.png
    And so the days continued. Zach fished quite a bit, and maybe he caught more fish wearing his skivvies. Who knows?

FISHING-IS-ALWAYS-BETTER-IN-YOUR-SKIVVIES.png

Kaci took up knitting, and knitted quite a few excellent items and sold them on plopsy.

kaci-knitting-beanie-start.png

plopsy-sales-kaci.png

She also took up flower arranging, although sometimes she was a bit too enthusiastic in cutting her flowers.

floral-arranging.png

maybe-cut-too-much.png

In between all this, they spent time with Ayden, who was such a smart toddler and growing at such an alarming rate.

zach-spends-time-with-ayden.png

And then they got the mail. Their first bills. Zach opened up the letter and the cost wasn't too bad. He paid the bills right away. Living off-the-grid seemed to be paying off, and even though they sometimes used up their water supply, being close to the water made collecting water rather easy.

first-set-of-bills-monday.png

water-reserves-off-the-grid.png

Zach's friend Faiz Jaleel called them one day and invited them to Geekcon in San Myshuno. After talking it over, Zach and Kaci decided to send Ayden to daycare and attend. They would only be gone a few hours, but it was so hard being away from little Ayden.

smooching-at-geekcon.png

While there, Zach entered the Hackathon contest and won 1st place! A new computer! Of course, living off-the-grid, this didn't help them much, but they would keep the computer in storage and maybe one day they would get connected to the grid again and be able to use it.

zach-hibbs-wins-1st-place-at-Geekcon.png

Zach even signed up to go on a rocket launch in space. Kaci had wanted to go, too, but being pregnant she wasn't able to. Zach told her that it was truly an "out of this world" experience.

explored-space-zach.png

They were kept very busy, gardening, fishing, knitting and holding yard sales. And, of course, looking after Ayden, who was almost potty trained. Kaci was in her third trimester and almost due, and while fixing a leaky faucet in the bathroom...well...let's just say that the sink wasn't the only thing that was leaking. Kaci's water broke, and she was off to the hospital again.

the-sink-isnt-the-only-thing-that-has-sprung-a-leak-baby-no-2-on-the-way.png

They had waited a bit longer to get to the hospital this time, and Zach was having a pre-parental attack on the sidewalk thinking Kaci would give birth right there in the street. But all was well, and Kaci got to the delivery room in time to deliver another boy, named Braylon, which means "the ruler of hearts and minds". Congratulations!

2nd-baby-and-still-having-a-panic-attack.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Baby # 2: Welcome BRAYLON HOBBS

welcome-baby-no2-braylon.png

When they brought Braylon home, Ayden met his new brother, and didn't take it too well.

ayden-not-happy.png

ayden-moodlet.png

Zach tried to cheer Ayden up by giving him a loving hug and playing with him. That seemed to work...somewhat. The good news was that it was Ayden's birthday tomorrow.

cjeers-ayden-uy-with-some-fun.png

With Ayden now potty trained, and his other skills at level 3, Kaci made a wonderful hamburger cake for his birthday. They did have to go "on the grid" for a bit to bake the cake, but it was well-worth it. [Note: They could have gone to Porto Luminoso's main square to purchase a cake, but this seemed easier. Plus the cheapest cake is $150 simoleons to purchase and a hamburger cake costs $25 simoleons to bake.]

and-ayden-ages-up-to-child.png

# 1: AYDEN HOBBS Ages up to CHILD. He has the GEEK trait, and his Aspiration is Whiz Kid. [Note: The game assigned him that hairstyle, so I kept it. The game also assigned him glasses with one outfit, so I went with it and added glasses to all his outfits.]

Ayden was still a bit sad over the birth of his brother, but he enjoyed his birthday cake and got a gift.[Note: I purchased the Pile of Presents ($45 simoleons), and each birthday they will receive a gift. For his toddler age-up, he got a Chaz McFreely statue, and for his child age-up he got a pre-assembled model stunt plane.]

maybe-this-will-cheer-him-up.png

With two children in the house now, Zach and Kaci decided that they should do a little house expansion. It wasn't much, just made the kids' room and living room a bit larger, and added a counter in the kitchen and an extra chair at the table. , but it seemed like there was a bit more space in the house.

a-little-house-reno.png

And not a moment too soon, as almost overnight it was Braylon's birthday.

#2 - BRAYLON HOBBS Ages up to TODDLER. He has the CLINGY trait. Another redhead.

braylon-aged-up-to-toddler-clingy.png

Shortly afterwards, with the kids in bed, Zach and Kaci had a little alone time together...and, yes, Kaci is preggers with baby # 3.

Um...Zach, don't look so surprised! You did try for baby, right?

preggers-with-baby-no-3.png

And another surprise member joined their family. The little cowplant seed that Zach had fished, blossomed overnight. They named it Little Cutie. What? Little? It's almost the size of your car!

kaci-and-little-hobb.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    @SoulGal7
    Looks like you'll have a houseful of redheads soon! I do wish there was a better option available for aging up off the grid. I ran into that issue in my game as well.

@all
    I just got home and have some time to look through the rest of my screenshots to finish catching up the Archers' story. I'll get em up here soon :)
  • Options
    Hi All - I thought I would comment on everyone's stories/babies.

@mcrudd -
    First off, thank you for making this challenge. It's great not to have to search for romantic partners. Yes, the whole sim world will be clones, but, hey, that's fine. Ann & Ben Atkins are lovely, and I do find that Tartosa is a beautiful world (just lacking in collectibles). What are your founders' traits? And look at how cute those kids look! Carly, Debby and Emma. All girls so far. I don't use cc or mods, but if I did, I would download all those cute onesies. And thank you for your compliment on my story telling, but for this challenge, I am actually going to try not to do too much of that, because otherwise I get distracted from what the challenge is supposed to be! lol Oh, and OUCH on your finger. Hope it is all better soon.

@Dinkus83 -
    I love Eva & Dean Archer's Backstory. Newcrest is a great place to start a Rags to Riches, and, yes, love that there is a playground there, too. And they already had a baby, Aliyah! Congrats! And just read that Brynnlee is now born. Yes! Those tiny home residential skill boosts are great. I would have loved to live in a tiny home residential through the entire challenge, but that would mean putting a bunch of tents on the lot for the children and teens! hehe Oh I want to do that now to get those skill boosts! lol Egads! And Eva left her laptop out in the rain! Oh no! I love their little house! So cute!

Yes, I love playing rags to riches, but thought I would do an Extreme version, which is harder. If I hadn't made a restriction on travelling to other worlds unless invited, you can go to the park in San Myshuno and bake a cake there, put candles on it, and place in your inventory, and then have the birthday on your lot. That's one way around the "off the grid"; however, I just put them on the grid to bake the cake and then put it off again. Also, again, in the Extreme version, you can't sell to inventory, but you can go to Henford-on-Bagley, if you have that pack, and sell produce, flowers and fish at the stands there. I just wanted to challenge myself a bit more to not just travel to other worlds where I know there are more collectibles.

@Seera1024 -
    Love your founders, SM and Korea Idol. Wow! Huge house...albeit mostly empty. I tend to start small, or just save up all the simoleons and wait until they have a certain amount of funds and then build or download a house I like from the gallery. This time I wanted to try the tiny living residential for the perks you get. It didn't last very long, though. First born U-Know lol What a name. Are these a celebrity couple? hehe He's a sweetie.
  • Options
    The Fam!
    KVy3mFjl.jpg

How they got there:
    Eva was no longer waddling about and decided she would get back to work straight away!
    IUt7P8yl.jpg

And then, of course, it immediately started raining
    KM4aMSdl.jpg

At least the bathroom addition had been completed before the storm moved in.
    FhqT6Vyl.jpg
    jfB3dvOl.jpg

With more thunderstorms rolling in, Eva could think of nothing better to do but make good use of their new bed
    tQ1AWdMl.jpg

Dean took the news better this time, probably because he could finally have a bath.
    X50abEtl.jpg

The next day was clear and Dean realized that he would need to make more Simoleons quickly if they were going to continue expanding their family at this rate.
    ZSWumQ1l.jpg

This pregnancy had gotten Eva a bit moody, so Dean decided to cheer her up with a funny story while she worked. Eva was not impressed
    DGiE5y9l.jpg

The next day remained clear and work on their bedroom addition was finished!
    a4ECHRyl.jpg

Dean worked all afternoon to get the walls painted in the house, so that Eva could enjoy a nap in their new bedroom.
    sDSy9Jql.jpg

That evening was Aliyah's birthday. What a silly toddler she was going to be!
    cbZo818l.jpg

Eva was still exhausted, so Dean stayed up to tell Aliyah all about astronauts and space!
    ztcSDi4l.jpg

The next day, the important discussions continued while Dean was painting.
    mQrOOMel.jpg

She even convinced him to take a break from work for some flash cards. What a smart kid!
    CqMtZg3l.jpg

"Daddy, what are those noises coming from the bedroom?"
    vGv9wPDl.jpg

Welcome baby Brynnlee!
    jKdewFUl.jpg
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I'm lurking this challenge. You all are doing great! Thanks for making a family friendly version Mcrudd.
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited June 2022
    I had fun making a couple. How many kids can I get through? I'm guessing 12. :)
    So much for lurking. lol

Edison & Eve Horvath

06-08-22_2-37-30_AM.png?width=1191&height=670
  • Options
    @Dinkus83 I think it might be cracked, it’s very purple LOL. I can atleast move it today ;) yay so glad Eva and Dean could move in to their house, no more sleeping on a park bench.

@SoulGal7 Welcome to baby Braylon <3 Oopsies Ayden not too happy with a new sibling. Lovely cowplant. My Mom and dad are both family orientated, cheerful and creative. They both want to be super parents. Aww thanks for the comments on my onesies, I just love swapping them out the whole time, I have made so many over time LOL.

@Dinkus83 Welcome baby Brynnlee.

@Rawla welcome to our little thread. Aww I am sure you will get through more, just have fun with it, play it and change it around with other saves to keep it interesting. Welcome to Edison and Eve I am sure they will have beautiful babies. Love Eve’s eye colour <3

@all I am going to load my game and play a bit now. Can’t remember off hand, ,but think Ann is about to give birth, lets hope for a boy LOL
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    And baby number 4 is born, finally have a little boy too
    Introducing Felix Atkins <3

4rNCsBR.png
    KPIul7m.png

I so wish I could keep on playing, the girls are all ready to age up, but I might play them one day longer to give Ann time to fall pregnant again ;)
  • Options
    @SoulGal7
    I love the tiny houses and their skill boosts too! I think that's the only pack I bought fairly quickly, cuz I was so excited about it. I don't usually go out of my way too much to keep it though. It feels too cheaty to me to get to the point where half of the house is actually outside to keep the boosts lol. I don't judge others for doing it; I just don't do it personally.

Also cool to learn that there is a place to bake a cake in San Myshuno. I only have a few packs though, and that's not one of them. I have worked around it before by planning an actual party and setting the location as a friend's house. And, that works, but feels kinda rude lol. Like, "Hey Alice, do you want to come to my kid's bday party?" "Oh sure, when & where?" "Your house, right now. Open the door." :D This time I also flipped it "on the grid" just long enough for the cake (and some vacuuming while they were at it, cuz the house was getting filthy), but in my head I just pretended like they'd ordered it from some bakery or something.

@Rawla
    Welcome to Edison and Eve! Can't wait to see their 100 babies (cuz you'll definitely get 100 ;) ) It's tough being a lurker sometimes.

@all
    Getting shots uploaded to finish out the Archers' second week, and will get em up here in a bit.
  • Options
    @mcrudd I'm sure Ben is happy to finally have another male in the house! Congrats to them on #4!

The Archers end of week 2
    dVQTcMMl.jpg

Rest of Week 2 story
    Dean finally got his stove in the house, so he doesn't have to grill all the meals anymore. Off the grid cooking is a lot more time consuming though, not being able to cook large family meals, so he decides to stick with grilling mostly until the utilities get connected.
    Dwvh7Dd.jpg

Eva is so thrilled to get to go for her morning jog again that she forgets to even let her feet touch the ground!
    dlmiGnU.jpg

While everyone else in the Archer household was having a great morning, Aliyah was not! How dare this other child show up in her house!
    F2HRhMY.jpg

After calming down about the baby, and sharing her new chicken butt joke with everyone, Aliyah wanted to hear a story about castles.
    J0UCx7z.jpg

While the children were being calm and quiet, Dean decided that they could totally handle another baby...
    UXeKZ3J.jpg

And he would not be disappointed.
    HpGuhV8.jpg

It was astounding how quickly Aliyah was growing, and before they knew it, it was time for her birthday!
    LthXR85.jpg

She enjoyed her cake, but kinda just wanted some veggies.
    QzRrA3I.jpg

Just after getting Aliyah's new bed assembled, they learned that she had to start school in the morning! Eva quickly helped with homework before bed.
    Q0etu0O.jpg

In the morning, she wanted to give her dad a flower for Love Day. He loved it, but maybe she should've gotten dressed first
    QIZKBAR.jpg

The other flower gifts didn't go as well. Maybe someone should have cleaned up that mess on the floor first.
    5ikPWVj.jpg
    dFPpMVK.jpg

After school, Aliyah goes off in search of new friends. Being very self-assured, she has no issues striking up conversations with everyone she sees. She is quite the social butterfly. She talks with an older girl wearing a uniform and learns all about scouting.
    cRMudrt.jpg

Then she finds the corner where all the kids her age seem to hang out. Lucky for her its right across the street from her house!
    oYjeA4u.jpg

Deciding she was too hungry to keep up with the conversations on the corner, Aliyah goes home to grab some food and pester her dad about joining the Scouts.
    lnGp6WS.jpg

Mom woke up from her nap and joined in the discussion. They decided Aliyah could join the Scouts, as long as she kept up with her schoolwork.
    QBqZrNu.jpg

Apparently the application for Scouting had to be filled in online. Dean had been wanting to visit the art museum in Willow Creek, so they decided to travel there and borrow the wifi. Eva had been really missing her video games too, so she jumped at the opportunity to play on her phone for a bit.
    4QkVkNQ.jpg

The next morning, they realized that in all of the excitement about wifi, they'd forgotten to celebrate Brynnlee's birthday :o
    uiXXwse.jpg

While they were in town, Eva ordered a few basic fruit & veg seeds for her garden, so that they would have more variety for cooking and snacks. Aliyah helped by watering after she returned from her Scouts meeting.
    aoZjmnF.jpg

They also added a bedroom for Aliyah, so that she would have more privacy now that she was growing up.
    IpGT6gQ.jpg

I used to be so bad about remembering to take screenshots, but now I take too many! I've been having tons of fun with this family though. If it gets too much y'all tell me and I'll calm it down (or try to, at least).
  • Options
    @Dinkus83 Ben was very happy :D And so was I, I thought the game was going to give only girls LOL
    Hahaha I like how Dean decided that they could handle another baby :D I have never tried scouting and the funny things is I used to be a Kea leader for scouts, I even had a wooden woggle. I love all your pics, keep them coming, I am a bit boring with only age up photos and birth photo’s but I tend to forget to take photos LOL

@all gonna load my game soon, just catching up on Chicago PD then I will play, everyone is due for an age up when the girls get back from school it should be A’s as they are working hard at school with the earbuds to keep the fun need high ;)
  • Options
    Carly moved out, she loves her new space.
    DO49IJ7.png

Debby did not get an A, so she will age up tomorrow after school. Emma has completed her 3 skill points of each skill, but I want to age her and Debby up the same time. Little Felix can be aged up since Ann is pregnant, but I might hold off another day as well, age them all up together ;)
  • Options
    Debby aged up, Ann was so proud
    hkvEuWV.png

Emma aged up, she was extremely upset to discover that there was a baby in the house, she is not too fond of Felix. I don't like this part of the game, why do they never love their siblings :(
    Ls5DOB2.png
  • Options
    Felix aged up <3
    p6HDzC8.png
  • Options
    A quick family pic before Ann gives birth <3
    SqLkpBh.png
  • Options
    Oh my gosh nooooo. Ann had twin boys :o
    Introducing George and Grant <3

drXR7jy.png
    P7o31ox.png

Got lots of changes to make now, the house is furnished for one child stage at a time, I am going to be short some beds and seats. Thankfully Ann and Ben has made lots of simoleons with their masterpieces on plopsy.
  • Options
    I was hoping the game won't give me twins since I have no tv or radio, but yeah it happened LOL. I had to change the furnishings to make sure to be able to play them once they age up.

dPUmD65.png
    246t54O.png
  • Options
    @mcrudd I totally just had to Google "wooden woggle" lol. Never heard that one before :) I was in scouting as a kid and had a blast with it, my son did it for a bit, but didn't really get into it. I like doing the scouting with the sim kids, adds some random things that I usually wouldn't have them do otherwise, like running around in search of frogs or going fishing. I wasn't actually planning on it this time, but Aliyah really did just run over to that girl and strike up a conversation, so I figured why not lol.

Congrats on getting the first one out of the house! And, oh noes on the twins, that'll be a busy house for a while. See what happens when you ask for boys, you end up with two :D And Felix looks like a little Ben!
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    CHAPTER 3 - ZACH AND KACI HOBBS - FAMILY 100 BABY CHALLENGE

heading-off-on-a-picnic.png
    Ayden had his first day of school and got a flyer about Scouts, which he joined. He was so gung ho on getting a badge, that he whipped through the Scholarly Aptitude badge quickly and is now a Griffon Scout. [Note: I am going to alternate each child between Scouts and Drama as after-school activities; so these will be busy kids. Scouts is so easy as you don't really have to work at it for them to get badges, which is what I like.]

griffon-scout-ayden.png

Uh oh! Braylon is having a bit of a bad day. Look at those tears!

look-at-those-tears.png

Zach teaches Ayden how to fish. [Tip: Did you know that children can max their mental skill by fishing?]

fishing-with-ayden.png

Soon it was the weekend, and Zach decided that they should head to Porto Luminoso for a fun beach day. It was also Pirate Day, and Ayden wanted to play on the pirate ship near the beach.

and-maybe-ayden-likes-his-little-bro-after-all.png

Ahhh...and maybe Ayden is beginning to like his little brother after all.

[Note: I packed some food in a picnic basket (from Cottage Living pack), but somehow the picnic basket would not go on the sand when they were at the beach. However, there is a bar-b-q area that is sort of close to the beach and there are food vendors in town. But still, I wanted them to have a picnic on the beach. On well!]

When they arrive, Ayden heads to the pirate ship, followed by Zach, who is being a sea monster.

zach-and-ayden-plaiying-together.png

pirate-day-playing-on-teh-pirate-ship.png

Ayden later even meets a pirate and shares an "Ahoy Matey" greeting.

meeting-a-pirate-on-pirate-day.png

He also meets a friend from school, Jace Laurent.

met-a-friend-from-school.png

Kaci and Braylon have fun building a sand sculpture together.

kaci-and-braylon-made-a-sand-sculpture-at-the-beach.png

As the day has gotten a bit hot, they decided to go swimming. Braylon plays in the water under the watchful eye of Kaci. Ayden is still playing at the pirate ship and Zach is doing some sunbathing.

a-lovely-day-at-the-beach.png

Zach then heads off to the picnic area to grill some dinner. Zach did indeed get a tan.

dinner-was-ready.png

Kaci autonomously decided that Braylon needed to learn flash cards in the middle of the road.

flashcards-with-braylon.png

The call for dinner. Look at that face Braylon gives Ayden!

braylon-lookng-at-ayden-you-think-youre-so-fast.png

They changed into some warmer clothes because it has gotten a bit chilly.

having-a-great-barbq.png

Time to head home, but first, a diaper change. Oh my word! That is smelly!

diaper-change.png

And this was so nice! Zach shares a kiss with his very pregnant wife. They are still in love. :heart:

even-heavily-preggers-zach-stgill-loves-her.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When they arrive home, Zach asks to feel the baby.

feeling-the-next-baby.png

Zach and Ayden then head to the boardwalk for a story.

reading-to-ayden.png

And just as Kaci picks up Braylon to bring him inside, she goes into labor! Oh my gosh!

it-must-have-been-lifting-braylon-that-did-it-because-suddenly-kaci-was-in-labor.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They rush to the hospital, and Zach thinks he might stay in the delivery room this time with Kaci.

i-need-a-masage.png

That was until he saw all the tubes and machinery in the room and about fainted.

is-she-going-to-be-ok.png

Kaci: "Zach! Zach? Where are you? The baby's coming..."

Doctor: "Oh...is Zach your husband? Well, he high-tailed it out of here when I suggested he could help with the delivery. Men are so squeamish about those things..."

zach-zach.png

Well, it was a good plan, but Zach decided to wait in the waiting area.

that-was-way-too-scasry.png

But with or without Zach, Kaci delivered the baby. A girl, who they named Clare, which means "bright, famous." Congratulations!

BABY # 3: Welcome CLARE HOBBS

baby-clare.png

Of course, Kaci is a bit dazed and thinks she's speaking to Zach and telling him all about the birth.

Kaci: Wait a minute...you're not Zach! I thought you looked a little bony. You should be ashamed of yourself for pretending to be my husband!
    Where is my husband again? Oh right...in the waiting room. I've got to go."
    [Note: Kaci has the erratic trait.]

did-you-see-that-its-a-girl-zach-a-girl-wait-youre-not-zach.png

And the arrival home, where Ayden and Braylon meet their little sister.

reactions-to-meeting-sister.png

Braylon is not very happy. In fact, he is downright angry!

angry-braylon.png
    braylon-is-not-happy-about-his-sister.png

But Ayden seems rather delighted.
    ayden-happy-about-sister.png

They get a call from their friends the Markovics, and Lucia is expecting.

lucia-and-mateo-are-expecting.png

That phone call must have given Kaci an idea...and when Kaci and Zach get everyone in bed, they head up to the bedroom for some "love time".

the-love-bed.png

And...yes...you guessed it...Kaci is expecting again! Woot! Zach looks really excited, doesn't he?

ANOTHER-CHILD-NO-4.png

And a little expansion to Kaci and Zach's bedroom. They now have their own bathroom, because poor Kaci doesn't always quite make it to the bathroom in time. Quick! Close your eyes! Zach is using the shower. Cannot Unsee! Cannot Unsee!

added-an-upsairs-bathroom.png