Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

State of your simming.

13...Next

Comments

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    Down (That.)
    I wish it was up, but I feel like I've run out of interesting things to do in the game....everything now is like "been there, done that"
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Other (Sideways?)
    I can relate.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    UP! (This!)
    I wish it was up, but I feel like I've run out of interesting things to do in the game....everything now is like "been there, done that"

@Nate_Whiplash1 From your pics I've noticed that most of your gameplay revolves around clubs and bars and bees. Have you ever thought about trying something different from how you usually play? A challenge? 100 babies. Rags to Riches. One of the scenarios.
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Down (That.)
    Love the idea of playing, but there's always too much to 'set up' before I can play.

Having all the packs is sometimes a disadvantage. Too much sorting & figuring out. Where to place restaurants, movies, bowling, cinemas? Adding EP,GP,SP, pools, fountains to base game houses takes so long. Same thing with townies & premade families. Adding teens, pets, toddlers, gramps is too time consuming. CAS'ing everyone out of hideous & sometimes stereotypical clothes.

Or I can keep an existing game and enjoy all the glitches/bugs I didn't realize I was going to have, cause I added a gallery lot with too much MOO & clutter or game is slowing with crosspack dis-functionality.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    UP! (This!)
    So many ideas and stories, so little time to play...
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
    Down (That.)

@Nate_Whiplash1 From your pics I've noticed that most of your gameplay revolves around clubs and bars and bees. Have you ever thought about trying something different from how you usually play? A challenge? 100 babies. Rags to Riches. One of the scenarios.

I've thought about doing something different, but came up empty-handed. I don't like challenges--to me, that makes the game seem more like work than fun
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited July 2022
    UP! (This!)
    CK213 wrote: »
    How is it going with you and your sims?

Up: Everything is awesome!
    So many ideas, so many things to do, so much fun, where am I going to find the time?

Down: Meh!
    Been there done that, I launch the game out of desire and then exit out of boredom.

Other: Life is rarely this or that.
    It's usually "other".

Sadly the founders of this family have since passed away, but such is life. This is the legacy they left behind. Two kids(+spouses), four grandchildren, with two more on the way. The three kids in the middle of the group belong to the couple on the left <3
    52190664793_645c0d1b90_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    Down (That.)
    I just figured out something I can do, something I've never done before; create a mermaid
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    UP! (This!)
    JunkyPoem wrote: »
    Love the idea of playing, but there's always too much to 'set up' before I can play.

Having all the packs is sometimes a disadvantage. Too much sorting & figuring out. Where to place restaurants, movies, bowling, cinemas? Adding EP,GP,SP, pools, fountains to base game houses takes so long. Same thing with townies & premade families. Adding teens, pets, toddlers, gramps is too time consuming. CAS'ing everyone out of hideous & sometimes stereotypical clothes.

Or I can keep an existing game and enjoy all the glitches/bugs I didn't realize I was going to have, cause I added a gallery lot with too much MOO & clutter or game is slowing with crosspack dis-functionality.

I definitely understand the set-up problem.
    Whenever a new pack would come out and I would start a new save to explore it, I found my self plopping down all the lots I can't play without.
    And then there is the editing of townies.

That's why I am so gung-ho on finishing my master save file so most of the things I want in the save are there to begin with.
    I am currently in a new save just to test out a custom career mod I have made. My test sims need more space and I am looking for a new apartment. So I go into build mode to check out an apartment before they buy it. The layout is really odd and I fixed it.
    07-03-22_5-46-05_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    07-03-22_5-55-07_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

But now I am going to go to my master save to do the same correction, so I never have to do this again in any future new saves. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Other (Sideways?)
    I'm playing again after a long hiatus and I loved the werewolf addition, but I'm frustrated that there are things that I'd liked to do in the game that just aren't possible, even after so many years.
  • SignofhatredlolSignofhatredlol Posts: 44 Member
    UP! (This!)
    I love this game! I’m new to it, and only started playing at the beginning of this year, but I’m already hooked on it! I love that this game allows us to make our dream family, and choose the paths of the lives of the sims! I’ve recommended it to many of my friends, and they’ve loved it too!

Margaret
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited July 2022
    You know what, nevermind. 🤣
  • angelbearangelbear Posts: 151 Member
    Other (Sideways?)
    I come and go in spurts. I will have times like right now where I play nonstop for months on end, then will hit a wall abandon everything for months on end. Right now I am in a high
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Other (Sideways?)
    So much to do and so little time! I have been putting off writing my supernatural story for sooo long I think simmers have forgotten about it! I really want to get back to it but I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all. I was waiting for some more packs/updates to come out (i.e. cars) before I moved on & then MWS and Werewolves came out with all this new lore that I'm struggling to fit in - it's been quite stressful actually but I think I've got it figured out. Then real life is keeping me busy as well with disability issues etc - some days I just don't have the attention span to play and it really upsets me!

I worked out last night that I have at least 10 build WIPs going on at the same time (one is nearly finished to be fair). The Sims is probably the only thing I approach in life without any sort of logic or reason to it. I'm all over the place!
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Down (That.)
    Haven't played my 5 gen sims 3 family in over a year now. As for sims 4 I got my first ever infinite save loop and it annoyed me so much I don't even wanna open the game
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥