Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A different 100 baby challenge

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Update time :)

House is still the same. Here is the photo frame, unfortunately Odette had the darkskin bug in this photo. I really hope they will fix that properly soon <3
    vFEk3Gj.png

Isla
    She is a teen that still needs to start her aspiration, she went out to sunbath and then it became cloudy LOL.
    1ylu2tj.png

Kayla
    She is a teen that still needs to start her aspiration, I think she will have to wait till after school and homework.
    bxVTPi2.png

Leo
    He is a toddler but will be a child after this update, I will age him up soon :)
    KsWJHJT.png

Mandy
    She is a toddler but is doing very well, and I am sure will age up pretty soon
    ZYaJqUF.png

Nadia
    She is a toddler but still have a way to go with her skills
    mWXEfDo.png

Odette
    She is a baby that was only born yesterday so she has a lot of growing to do.
    b7AWrIm.png

Kristine
    She is a proud mom of 16 children <3
    NTbDF7n.png

That is it for today, well not quite, I will quickly age up Leo and then its me for the day :)
    @permanentrose your nursery is beautiful <3 Quincy is so cute, I love his green hair :) Yeah I seriously need to log of the game too and start dinner hahahaha, but I will just quickly go age up Leo :)
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited June 2021
    @mcrudd Tip for your Kava party for when you get there with Isla - teens can't drink Kava, but if you make Kristine the co-host of the party and have her do the Kava toast and anything that requires drinking it, you'll be able to earn gold with no issues :) That's what I had to do with Estelle, just in case you weren't aware. I had to cancel the Kava party and start again with Farrah as a host too since I found this out part way through haha.

--
    Editing to add on:

Oh my goodness, you're brave for doing Lady of the Knits with one of your teens. Kayla might be around for a long time, I feel like that one is so tedious haha! But it's so nice to do different aspiration every now and then which I'm enjoying too. I've just been avoiding that one HAHA
    edited June 2021
    @mcrudd Tip for your Kava party for when you get there with Isla - teens can't drink Kava, but if you make Kristine the co-host of the party and have her do the Kava toast and anything that requires drinking it, you'll be able to earn gold with no issues :) That's what I had to do with Estelle, just in case you weren't aware. I had to cancel the Kava party and start again with Farrah as a host too since I found this out part way through haha.

--
    Editing to add on:

Oh my goodness, you're brave for doing Lady of the Knits with one of your teens. Kayla might be around for a long time, I feel like that one is so tedious haha! But it's so nice to do different aspiration every now and then which I'm enjoying too. I've just been avoiding that one HAHA

Oh no I did not know that about the Kava party. Thanks for the heads up I will do that :) Also yeah I felt like a different one, the next few I am going to pick might take a while, just to take a wee break and then I will hop back to mixology and cooking hahahaha.

Leo aged up <3

BaShExe.png
    2tU2Chi.png

I am going to let Leo do the nerd brain one, but not kick him out immediately, will keep him a few days or weeks to instantly upgrade a few things hahahaha He is the only boy after all ;)
    @mcrudd I keep avoiding going to bed and lurking around the forums lol. Glad that tip will help you avoid having to restart. I'll see how your Lady of the Knits goes and maybe I'll brave it :) Which aspiration do you have to build a rocket for? I want Quincy to that one once he's old enough. Leo is such a cute kid, and I see you're using a different cake now too, sorry if you've been using it for days now and I finally just noticed HAHA.
    @mcrudd Also I just noticed that the doctor who delivered Odette is a ghost LOL. Okay I really going to bed now haha
    @permanentrose yeah the other one spoiled, I guess it times everytime its in live mode LOL. The rocket one is the nerd brain one, I am going to let Leo do that when he ages up, that way he can instantly upgrade a few things for me before I kick him out, but will keep his a few days or weeks or however long it takes hahahaha. Aww I know poor Kristine mourned for 2 days about the doctor dying, so I thought she would be replaced but instead she showed up as a ghost :D did not expect that :) I turned aging on for all the rest, so kids might start dying as well, but I just want things to move outside her household so she can meet new people and get new neighbours ;)
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    @permanentrose
    OMG! I love the photos of Moana and Estelle! Dang they make some beautiful babies! I also love the names Coral and Pearl for twin Mermaids! <3
    MCCC was the first mod I ever downloaded for the Sims 4. My game would be unplayable without it.
    I have the opposite problem when it comes to pregnant bellies. My sim always seems to still look pregnant after giving birth. It goes away after she gets home.
    Congratulations on little Ruthie! Quincy is such a great name!

@mcrudd
    Nadia is so cute! I love the hair that was chosen for Jenny, it fits her face perfectly. Isla hair is one of my favorites. I'm sorry but I have to say the little icon of Kayla in the UI section when she is teen looks less like she is inspired and more like she having a brain fart. Like she is trying to remember where she set her keys or something. When I see the UI icons they sometimes strike me as funny because they just don't quite look like they should.
    Congrats on Baby #16 baby girl Odette!
    If you have Leo travel the travel back home the "Instant Upgrade" will be reset and you can use it again. I exploit this as much as possible especially if I have more than one Sim with "Handy" Trait. Only one sim needs to travel and everyone's "Instant Upgrade" is reset upon returning home. You double down by upgrading vacuums, laptops and other pocket items at your travel destination and then travel home. It basically resets every time you travel to a new location.

@MiaSkywalker
    Jackson is indeed Father Winter's Baby. I love the hidden meaning behind his name. Jackson Frost aka Jack Frost. It's little details like this that I love to put into my games.
    I agree Moana is so breathtaking. I think it's really the whole package that makes her that way. I took careful consideration with her outfits and make-up because I really wanted to enhance her blue eyes. All of my kids are color coordinated. I choose a main color and a secondary color. Moana's main color was pink/purple and blue was the secondary color. It also helps with remembering who's who.
    My two mermaid/merman offspring needed to do some stuff in Sulani for their asperation so I figured taking a vacation would be a perfect option. I had to use the weather machine everyday to keep the weather hot and dry other than that it was a good choice.
    Yes I used MCCC for the Vlad DNA Transfer. I use the phrasing "DNA Transfer" so that I can have her also have female donors. If my Sim knows the Donors traits, career, and relationship status, has a full friendship bar and they don't react negatively to "Boast About Family" then I can use the MCCC. If said donor is single and a man I have to do it the old fashioned way otherwise it's DNA Donor!
    I'm sorry that your ex cheated on you. I do wish for you to find your true love and that they treat you right. I personally prefer not to mess up another Sims marriage because I am the type of player that likes it to be all "Sunshine and Rainbows" with a little drama for fun. My life filled to brim with drama I don't want that in my game as well.

To all:
    Good Morning from the Pacific NW! I am off to play my game! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and wish you the best this morning!
    @TeeSea Moana and Estelle really do make such a cute couple. Eventually I'll go in and age up their daughters too so we can see what they look like as kids and then teens/YAs

--

Short update for now. My mom is coming over for lunch soon but afterwards I will do my Friday update since I've skipped that a few times now :)

The gardening glitch brought Jolene back to life :)
    OogRops.jpg

I was getting frustrated trying to get their house value up for Maxwell's aspiration (he's doing the Mansion Baron one) so finally I just bought a ton of Jackalope Statues since they are valued at $12,000 a piece lol. (Yeah, I know I'm playing the system for this aspiration LOL) I'll delete them once he finishes the aspiration. I basically used up all their money though and their house still needs to go up in value about $100,000 more. Farrah painted a bunch already though and their garden makes about $5,000 daily so he'll be done with this aspiration in no time :)
    QMaHmVV.jpg

Dude. I directed you to a toilet like 20 times and I have full autonomy on...how did this happen? :D
    suLiSqS.jpg
    edited June 2021
    Okay Friday update time! I might stop doing these for days I play a lot since I don't feel like I need to make more than one big update every few days, but for now, lets see where everyone is since I've skipped my Friday update a few times now :)

So currently, I have two teens, two kids, two toddlers, and a baby, and honestly, it's a great set up, super manageable. Of course someone will age up soon I'm sure but I have been enjoying this :)
    TSvzqAV.png
    Luna is on stage 2 of her aspiration. The Nerd Brain aspiration isn't super hard, but it's not super easy either. I'm enjoying it though :) She is an A student.
    tbePqdo.jpg

Maxwell is on the last stage of his aspiration but still a B student. I just have to have Farrah earn the family a bit more money to raise their house value before I can finish his off. It's kind of nice that he doesn't really have to do anything actively for this aspiration though. I think there might be a plate stuck in the wall or something because they keep getting the "filthy surroundings" moodlet in the kitchen with no obvious mess anywhere.
    W3cLKqH.jpg

Nolan is on the last stage of his aspiration and an A student.
    4sbLfYR.jpg

And Olive is also on the last stage of her aspiration and an A student.
    4i18Vf4.jpg

Posey is making decent progress on her skills.
    ksDeptf.jpg

And Quincy still has a ways to go.
    8mleysi.jpg

And Ruthie is still just a little baby until Tuesday :)
    kbHGkYV.png

I'm trying to get Farrah up to a level 9 gardening skill so she can super sell each morning. She's doing well though cooking, painting and gardening to provide for this family :) And yeah I totally ignored Love Day for everyone haha.
    DyJcLG1.jpg
    Olive decided to be a bear right as she finished her aspiration haha.
    SthC8PC.jpg

She'll do the Club aspiration since her dad is from that pack. Boy she looks so much like him lol
    W5Ol7BI.png

And then I played until little Ruthie aged up :)
    38n9Mgp.png
    @TeeSea thank you so very much for all your comments. Also thanks so much for that tip about the instant upgrades, I did not know it. I usually wait out the 24 hours to use it again LOL

@permanentrose how fun that a bug bought Jolene back LOL. Hahahaha at all the statues, I usually buy the most expensive paintings and plop them on any available wall space :D Love the bear birthday so cute. Also Ruthie is an adorable little toddler

@all have a few things to do this morning, but will get to my sims in a few hours :D
    Mandy aged up <3

MQf0MEL.png
    XhKSQLn.png
    Pregnant with baby number 17, Daddy is Cletus Harris
    u7aZlvG.png
    So I am busy sorting everyone out for bed time making sure the needs are not too bad for the next day is school. Look for Kristine in the house as I am busy doing this and she is nowhere to be found, so once I am done I double click her icon and found her out sailing LOL
    6qK5o8L.png
    @mcrudd Kristine is like "I need a break from this crazy house." HAHA. I might move Farrah and the fam to Sulani next. It's such a nice world <3
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Hi all!

I lack energy today, so I'm not going to parse out the responses. I read all the stories and had to smile over them.

Maxwell (I assume that was he?) having his bladder pop made me smile. It's so silly when Sims can't manage their own needs that way, isn't it? Especially since, as you said, you had free will on, and I'm sure he had plenty of bathrooms available.

Those mascot statues made me grin as well. :) I would probably have shrunk them and hidden them in a basement or something, although it's far more amusing the way that you did it. Aren't those statues the ones you can craft after you've gone to Granite Falls and studied the statue? They look like it. I didn't know they were that pricey; are they that expensive when you craft them? Because if so, that makes going to Granite Falls VERY lucrative.

Jolene came back to life! Yay! I have a mod (I may have made that one myself, I don't recall) that makes cowplants live longer. It basically gives you something like 100,000,000 hours after feeding before it dies, or something like that, rather than the normal 24 hours. I got tired of cowplants dying just because I left my lot for over a day to do something like fish in a different area. You do have to feed the cowplant once, but after that, it never gets hungry again. Of course, that means it won't ever eat anyone, but I don't get cowplants for that reason. (I have a mod of Coolspear's that allows me to buy cowplant essence for something like $100 each, if I really want any.)

For the Filthy Surroundings issue, sometimes it helps to have a Neat Sim, because then you have an interaction (I don't remember if you click the floor or the Sim), that allows the Sim to clean everything that's dirty in a house. If it's something that's reachable to the Sims, it will get cleaned that way. At least, that's what I'm recalling; I don't think I've used it for a while. Lately I've been using LittleMsSam's better butlers mod, and haven't had to think about it. (Not in this challenge, but in other games.) If it is, as you say, something in a wall, you may have to go into BB mode, move everything out of the room, and look to see if it's under a counter, or something. That's happened to me before, too. I think the clean everything interaction will still get rid of those, though.

Olive deciding to be a bear right before aging up is funny. Didn't have much time for that childhood phase, did she? She's VERY pretty as a teenager. You chose good makeup for her looks.

And Ruthie is cute; all toddlers in the game are cute as buttons. I love watching the way they interact with adults; it's so adorable.

I didn't know that about the Instant Upgrades either. Then again, I think the cooldown has been modded out of my game now. Plus, if I have my main Sims as spellcasters, they use a spell made by LittleMsSam called Upgradios, that does the same thing with a wave of their hand. Spellcasters are SO cheaty in the game; I absolutely love them. Which is why I did NOT make my mommy Sim a spellcaster; it's far too cheaty.

Mandy is a very pretty child. I'm curious what aspirations you're going to do with her.

The mommy wandering off to sail is awesome. I guess she needed to get away from her kids for a bit!
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @mcrudd: Awesome updates.

@permanentrose: Awesome updates.

@MiaSkywalker: Hi.

@TeeSea: Awesome updates.

@all: Sorry if I missed anyone.

Avery's twin daughters are now kids and will start school the next time I load my game. Then Oliva is almost a kid and Jeff is finally a toddler and Avery just had another daughter named Julie.
    :) Smile!

@MiaSkywalker I did actually end up sizing down the statues and just putting them off to the side but I snapped a picture of them huge like that first just since it was funny haha. And thank you for your comments, always so lovely to read them. Olive definitely has a unique look with having her father's face, but I think with the right hair and make up she does look nice :) I think I'd enjoy that cowplant mod. I get very tired of remembering to feed them, and I also don't like them eating sims/offering cake. It would be nice just have them there to play with every now and then. Jolene is actually dead again lol, so unless my garden glitches again, she's gone haha. Maxwell is a neat sim, I might have to have him try that option of clean everything. Things do get stuck sometimes though since I drag their dirty plates into those nano trash cans so I can profit off their trash LOL. Sometimes if I miss with the MOO cheat on, they'll get stuck in the wall near the trashcan and then everyone gets mad about the smell.

@Puddinroy Nice progress with Avery!

---

Maxwell finished his aspiration and aged up. He rolled the "Hates Children" trait so it's good he's getting out of here haha. I sold all those Jackalopes I bought for his aspiration so they're doing well financially again.
    killnKY.png
    That left a spot open for baby....20, I think? Wow! Johnny Zest was wandering around at 3am so he's the next lucky guy :)
    YsKm3Uq.png

And success! Farrah isn't really feeling the excitement this go around though haha
    xT0gqLi.png

And the next day, I was able to get Posey skilled up so she aged up.
    Fm64Dtq.jpg

She's a good looking kid :)
    vynUMJS.png

And then Nolan finished his aspiration and aged up too.
    EklI2Cd.png

I actually haven't done the Mixologist aspiration yet this challenge. I do know that I get to age him up half way through though ;)
    fWqvtlN.png

Also Luna is working hard to build a rocket ship for her aspiration, which will give Farrah a new woohoo location for the next baby daddy ;)
    ctnFykM.png

@permanentrose I agree, she was like, while my master is sorting the kids I am out of here, and she thought she could get away, but I found her LOL. Gosh Maxwell is a Goth through and through. Oh my golly goodness baby number 20. Shame poor Farrah look at her face at Posey’s birthday, she is like yeah yeah seen one seen them all LOL. Oh no I did not think of the nerdbrain aspiration building the rocket, I will have to look for a little spot somewhere at my beach house or move away again. I did find that Sulani does not have as many pedestrians at your house, Kristine had to travel for her last baby daddy. And everyone keeps on going out for swims, so yeah might move somewhere else again LOL

@MiaSkywalker thank you, I thought she was a cutie too, I basically decided on the day they age, so not quite sure what aspiration yet ;) I am having Kristine do the nerdbrain too now, I am tired of my robovacuums breaking the whole time.

@Puddinroy thank you <3 Aww Julie is such a cute name :)
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Bad News. My whole game file is glitched! I tried to repair it, removed mods, tried restoring to an older save and more! So unfortunately I have to start over. I am going to start with Mystic right after she aged up from a teen. I have all her stats so I can MCCC her to get her to where she was. It's going to take some time to get set up but I promise you I will be back! No glitch is going to stop me!
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    Playing now, posting later
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
    TeeSea wrote: »
    Bad News. My whole game file is glitched! I tried to repair it, removed mods, tried restoring to an older save and more! So unfortunately I have to start over. I am going to start with Mystic right after she aged up from a teen. I have all her stats so I can MCCC her to get her to where she was. It's going to take some time to get set up but I promise you I will be back! No glitch is going to stop me!

Oh no :( So sorry to hear that, gosh and you were running so many households :o I am sorry you could not fix it, good luck with restarting and getting her to where she was <3 I am going to load my game and move Kristine, no one walks past her house, guess it was not a walk through area.
    doggers123 wrote: »
    Playing now, posting later

AweSim we can't wait to see <3
    Got my second covid shot this morning and just woke up from a 2 hour nap, this one is hitting me hard, but I'm just gonna lay in bed and play my game for a bit now so I'll have some updates soon!

@TeeSea Oh no, that is tragic :( Having a corrupt save is one the scariest things I can think of happening. Is your family still up in the gallery still? I guess you don't have all of the kids there, so you can't really use that as a starting point. Dang, that's so sad though, I'm sorry that happened to you :(

@mcrudd Sulani is so big that I'm sure there were walk bys happening, but maybe they just weren't happening that close to your lot? There's always a location where they seem to spawn and then disappear that I look for so I can see who is arriving and leaving, and I have definitely reset potential dads too to keep them from walking away too fast HAHA. But moving is always fun too, keeps the game fresh and exciting, plus you need room for a rocket ship :) You also could always keep them in Sulani and have Kristine go to a public lot to find each new baby daddy. Kind of more of a pain, but you might even get more variety that way, just a suggestion?

@doggers123 Excited to see your update!
    edited June 2021
    No one is that close to aging up and I still have time before baby 20 is born, but in the meantime, enjoy Posey autonomously reading the Ultimate Vampire Tome while her sleep need is in the deep red :D Note that she has never read any other book before, let alone any of the earlier Vampire Tomes. So really, not sure what her reasoning is LOL

m60pz9r.jpg