Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you enjoy Laundry Day?

Comments

• WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Absolutely. Laundry Day and Movie Hangout are the best SPs to me.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I love designing laundry rooms so it's one of my favorite packs. Haven't used the washtub much but thinking that and the clothesline will help with landscaping my tiny home.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I like the CAS assets and a lot of the buy/build assets.
    I do not use the laundry aspect... ever. I abhor laundry in real life, though. LOL It is my absolute least favorite chore to do, with dishes coming in at a close second. LOL Naturally, I do both, cause I can't stand clutter, but there is no way I'm going to spend an ounce of my free time doing either of those things in my virtual escape paradise that is The Sims, if I can avoid it in any way. LOL Not even the possibility of death by dryer fire has been able to overcome my disdain for the chore, and normally I'm all about adding ways to kill my sims onto a lot. lol
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • MelFoxMelFox Posts: 44 Member
    I am using items from Laundry Day for the first time with my off-grid family and the clothes only seem to dry on the line overnight, I've ended up with three lines full all the time, they always seem to be doing freaking laundry, I don't know why other than they keep going swimming and then changing back out of their swimmies. Its beginning to drive me nuts and I think I might just sell all of it and never consider using the wash tub and lines ever again.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I love Laundry Day, I think it adds some challenge to my game. I like to start off with nothing but a wash tub and a clothes line then make them earn living on the grid. Kind of a rags to riches challenge. Also I love the CAS items. If I don't feel like doing laundry I just don't add it to the game but I usually use it in all my saves.
  • ProxibleProxible Posts: 9 New Member
    I really love the other items that come with the pack. But I never use the wading machined, lol. It takes quite a lot of time to wash clothes and the amount of times the dryer cought fire is insane. So I don't really use them anymore.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited January 2020
    I like my Sims doing laundry. I use washing machines and dryers every time I can fit them in the house. Quite often I download houses from gallery and they don't have laundry items and I would have to make too many changes to fit them in, so I'm not using them.
    I've never had a washing machine or dryer caught on fire, they don't even break that often.
    Laundry is a great addition to my more realistic Sims or Sim families, but I don't use laundry for occults, although it would be kind of funny to have Vlad do some laundry. :D
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I love it and i try to use it in all households but someties i just forget hehe i vary from machines to at hand depending on the story im telling.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    It's very meh imho, I honestly still can't believe that laundry of all things was voted by the community to become a pack all on its own when it could have easily been put into an expansion pack as a side feature. I find the gameplay of collecting laundry kind of tedious since I have to click on every individual basket in my sims home, where in TS3 you only had to click once, ditto for actually starting the washing machine. Where in TS4 you have to direct them to actually start the washer, when it also used to be automatic.
    That said, I do love a lot of the clothing options and I find myself using them a lot. I only use the washing machines on saves that have a single parent, mainly because it is the cause of many fires on my sims lot, which is annoying.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    Yes, I like having washers and dryers. I like some of the other stuff in the pack too, but I am not really a fan of the wash bucket thingy for outdoor washing, my Sims beg for it, but never use it if I buy it. Plus the whim doesn't fulfill half the time.
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Weirdly enough I hardly ever use them. The way they're designed I like them, they don't eat up more time than they should to use like some other things do (eating etc). I think with a Tiny Home I might give it a shot to see how it feels.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Not really. I hardly use most of it. But the pack was gifted and cost me nothing
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yeah, I use it a lot. I like that I have the choice to have my sims do the laundry or not. I like the extra 'realism' and I like challenging gameplay where ever I can get it.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Yes, I do, actually. For two reasons. We get a laundry bucket so that fits right into my ancestral game save, since that is set in the 18th century. Also, I was a Homemaker in my day and I have my Sim Moms mostly being homemaker's, too. (The term Stay-at-Home-Mom irks the life out of me. Just because I didn't work outside of the home, doesn't mean I stayed constantly at home!) The beauty in having laundry is that I can have her go around and tend to that while the family is off and about. School, work, what have you. It's not like the beds go unmade anymore. Gee, wish I could just grab the bed covers and toss them toward the head of the bed and voila, it's made! LOL So much for realism. That's okay, I've never minded the quirky, fantastical aspects of this game. Gives me a good giggle, now and again.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Pbfan21Pbfan21 Posts: 1 New Member
    I start off using it almost all of my homes, but often end up deleting the machines and the baskets. I enjoy the realism of it but I find how quickly it piles up a little unrealistic, especially if you have more than one child. Unless you have hampers everywhere, but that still means you have tons of loads to do when it's only been two days and you only have three Sims in the household. I'm constantly forgetting to tell my Sim to 'Wash' or 'Dry' after they've put the load in either machine. So I go over, expecting to have a clean and dry load and well, not so much. My own fault to be sure but I find that and the piling up frustrating enough that I often delete them. I do love the BB and CAS items though!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I do like it. I don’t put machines and stuff in all my homes because honestly that part can get a tiny bit tedious. But the bb stuff looks a lot like stuff I have in my house irl, so I love that, and I think the CAS items are really nice and I use them on my sims all the time. So I feel like it was totally worth the money I spent.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I think the pack is worth it for the stuff that comes with it. I use a lot of the decor items from this pack in almost all of my sims homes. It includes really homey looking stuff and even a broom to hang on the wall, and laundry’s shelving and stuff like that. I only use the actual laundry feature in my off the grid save to add to the challenge. On my rotation and my big family save I don’t use the laundry feature because it gets to be much and I can’t keep up with the amount of laundry lots of sims generate. However you can place the machines and make a laundry room that doesn’t function by placing the decorative hampers instead of the real ones.
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    To be honest, I dislike having the machines in my saves. I find the game play very irritating. I occasionally put them in for gallery builds and the play testing drives me batty (you test a shower and the hamper fills up and now you have to do laundry. You test a tub, same thing. You didn't pay attention and your sim is getting in their pjs? Now you have laundry. Pretty soon you've got piles of laundry everywhere that need to be done before you can upload the lot).

I do have the tub and washing line in an off the grid lot I play periodically.

The build/buy objects, though, those are outstanding. They fit in a lot of different style builds--those rugs alone are awesome. I love the little side table and I love some of the wicker furniture. The single light bulb is a personal favorite and the sinks are fantastic. The clutter objects are great. I use this pack all of the time.

It's easily my favorite stuff pack for build/buy.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Just one word to answer this and the word is, 'No'... The machines keep glitching and need to be replacing and the collecting of and washing takes far too much time for the sims to do..
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    Not at all, I think of every pack it's the most useless. The only thing I like is the large kitchen table and the moodlet from having clean clothes. Other than that, it's not memorable.
    1500x500.jpg
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Yes I enjoy it as it gives me something more for my Sims to do Laundry day is an matter of taste for some will like it, some will dislike it. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ArheiaArheia Posts: 8 New Member
    I like the concept so far, maybe there will be more items available perhaps different variations?
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    I don't really do the laundry aspect of it lol. But I love all the accessories and decor that come with it!! It can really add some nice details to a living space
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    No I never install the laundry items, it would take valuable time from my sims, who already has to Little free time during a working day
  • RainesimsRainesims Posts: 901 Member
    I adore Laundry day ! It added an extra layer of realism for me and I love the items ^_^ i enjoy packs that effect gameplay like that
    QWO48ni.jpg

gallery: RainesimsUwU