Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living; is it lacking?

12346...Next

Comments

• summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    No, Island Living is Fine
    No, I think this is a great expansion pack for my style of gameplay. I love the new garden items like the bushes and trees, and use them a lot even in regular non-island homes. I never explore ALL of any pack when they first come out because I play a little slow and rarely just for an entire day. I like to discover things slowly and I have yet to discover all of Island Living. What I have seen is great so far though. Love the water boats (forget what they're called) & sailing ship, majority of the new CAS and it's difficult not to love the beautiful imagery of Sulani. I'm happy with it.
    1500x500.jpg
  • ElenaBoleynElenaBoleyn Posts: 1,084 Member
    Yes, Island Living is Lacking
    I wish they added natural disasters to it like the tsunamis and such. A lot of islands go through the strong winds and such. In my opinion, it would have added a lot more to the game.
    tumblr_ngslmgsCVw1rsntc8o4_250.gif
  • kolosrecekolosrece Posts: 22 Member
    In the Origin for ISLAND LIVING Create A Sim Items section I found a face tattoo

link: eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/content.ts4/config/web/ep07/3c1af1f2-00000002-00036ed5.jpg

But does anyone know why I can't find it in the game? :)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited February 2020
    Other, ...
    Island living is lacking:

- Hula
    - Open waters out of Sulani
    - Hammock
    that was mentioned on ea site quiz for "what type of island person are you" or whatever was the quiz name
    + it is even hidden in the game files
    - Using those ladders as actual stairs
    - more volcano play like falling in it and dying :)
    - village lots
    - group boating/couple aquazip
    - more culture thingies

(most of this can still be updated in)

Island Living could have also added to be cooler pack:
    - underwater
    - more mermaidy things
    - hidden lot
    - more for the careers

Island Living didn't add and it's all good:
    - Hotels & Resorts
    - Houseboats like ts3 ones

overall: its good for what it is but won't say I don't want many many improvements because I mean potential exists
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    I am just using it as a change of scenery and activities for my sims in other worlds.
    It's enjoyable for that despite not actually being designed for it. :p
    It's mostly sound and environment that I am getting out if it. It's nice on the eyes and ears and very relaxing.
    I doubt I will ever use careers more than twice after I have first experienced them.

I will be using it for my University sims, because I like giving them a break after the 2nd year of Uni.
    I could see them living there for a bit after graduating before they settle down in careers in the other worlds.

[I wrote this long ago, saved it as a draft, but never posted until now.]
    I still feel the same way, I haven't seriously played University yet for my main sims, so I still that to look forward to.
    I am not playing much at all for now though. I might wait for a few more packs to come out before I start playing again.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Island Living exposed to much about EA that was already thought.
    That's that.
    The direction of this game has nothing to do with the desires, needs and votes of it's community. It only matters when our voices sounds the same as EA's agenda. Sorry, but it's true and this pack has showed that.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member
    edited February 2020
    No, Island Living is Fine
    I think all the packs add something new and interesting. I play them for a while and then move on with my normal game play or if something comes out in the meanwhile, I do the new thing! Although, I do have to admit, I've never let my sims buy a washer and dryer....too much like my own boring life. In game I'm a STAR! At home I'm an old boring grandma.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8