Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which stuff pack?

I have all except, My First Pet Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Moschino, Laundry Day, and Fitness stuff. I am going to get one. Which is the best?

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Really depends on your play style the toddler pack and fitness would be my first choices from your list but I use toddlers and the gyms a lot.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Wouldn’t suggest getting Moschino at all as it barely as any clothing items. I’d say toddler stuff, least that’s what I would personally get. Gives some cute toddler hairstyles and toddlers barely have any without it.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited November 2019
    id choose laundry or moschino
    i have fitness and toddler stuff but I only got them cause they were part of bundle i bought at store ._.
    haven't really used those for much myself could have definitely skipped
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Laundry Day is the best out of these
  • Cupcakes4lifeCupcakes4life Posts: 28 Member
    Laundry day does have very good rustic style to BB and the CAS is quite good too. Remember, it is optional to constantly wash clothes, just don't put a hamper, washer, or dryer to not do laundry :)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Fitness!
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    It depends on your playstyle. Here's when I'd recommend each of them (I don't have MFPS but have all the rest).

Toddler Stuff is good if you do play them and want more bb/cas for them, they are a bit lacking for content without it. The playground items are great to add to parks, though are kinda big unless you have a large garden (aside from the slide which is a good size). Overall pretty decent.

Fitness Stuff, if you want a modern gym set. There is some nice stuff, it is basically what you would accept. Lots of athletic clothing, a lovely modern bathroom set that I really love, new gym stuff. If you already have Spa Day the gym stuff isn't much better/different though IMO. But it's good if you want modern fitness cas/bb. Rock climbing wall is nice, I rarely use it, it has to be placed over two storeys so can be problematic for that.

Laundry Day Stuff has a more rustic style to it, for cas & bb. I like that as I think we have not enough of it in TS4, but if that's not your style you won't like most of the pack. Good variety of cas, some of the bb objects are really great. Gameplay, it is what you would expect. Pretty involved with death from the dryer (by fire, not new type), can upgrade the machines, can use the line/tub if you like. Depends on if you want to play with laundry or not really, but good if you like that realism.

Moschino Stuff is better than I expected. I only got it recently so haven't played much with it, but I've been using the bb a surprisingly large amount. It's very modern, but the sofas and lights I really like, we needed the lights in this pack. Plus the windows are amazing! I've heard the career can be glitchy though, but it does offer lots of new poses for general photo taking and if you like to take group shots this really improves that. The cas is very personal, look up the items and see if you like them. A lot of them are very love/hate. There are a few more normal items that are nice, but it's what you'd expect for a high end fashion brand.

My First Pet Stuff I don't own, so can't comment on too much. Lots of the cas/bb look like they should have been in Cats and Dogs which annoys a lot of people, but doesn't stop them from being nice. The gameplay seems pretty solid with the new pets, though they are just four reskins of the same pet. New death type, which is pretty good for a stuff pack. Good for kids as they can study the pets, etc.. If you play families and want pets that won't take up household slots this is pretty good. If you don't own C&D I probably wouldn't recommend as there is a lot of items that you need C&D for them to function - new pet outfits, though I kinda hate them, plus new pet beds/toys/bowls/etc.. It's not most of the pack, but it's a fair amount, too much in my opinion.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited December 2019
    Laundry Day is my favourite SP so far and I highly recommend it if like me you enjoy playing families and have the Parenthood GP. There is just something really satisfying about watching my sims do their laundry. It is also one of the largest SPs with lots of nice CAS and BB items, as well as gameplay. Toddler Stuff is another of my favourites and a must have if you play a lot of toddlers as it gives them much needed CAS and activities. I really enjoy taking my toddler sims out on play dates to toddler parks.

My First Pet gets a lot of hate since it really needs the Cats and Dogs EP to fully appreciate it, but I like it. I don't dress up my pets much, but I really like the hamster and BB items, which work particularly well for younger sims. I have mixed feelings about Fitness Stuff as I was disappointed we didn't get dumbbells and/or exercise bikes and instead got a huge climbing wall that I rarely use. I like the earbuds and workout videos though. Moschino is probably my least favourite of your choices since I'm not keen on having brands in my game, but the CAS is tasteful for the most part and it does have some nice BB items, as well as a photography update and freelance career. As others have commented, the best SP for you all depends on your play style. I recommend checking out the SimsVIP guides and other reviews if you haven't already done so to see which appeals to you the most.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Others have given more in-depth descriptions so I'll just say how I've used these or not. I really recommend looking up the individual objects to make a decision. I always do that in Origin. I look at all the CAS/BB objects and decide whether they add things that I want in the game and whether I want those at the time that I am getting a new pack. I've picked up some packs as bundles.

My First Pet Stuff: I haven't played with MFPS yet because I only recently got it and don't have a reason to yet. There is a nerdy little boy in one of my households who will be perfect for it though, I think, and I have other families. I got this in a bundle recently. It adds small pets, clothes for pets (not really my thing, lol), some kind of nerdy hairstyles and a new death by rodent illness. I probably would have passed on this without the bundle, but I think I'll like the small pets when I get around to adding them. The cage rocket ship looks pretty cool.

Fitness Stuff: I made a really cool gym with this, Oasis Lifestyle Fitness. It is my favorite gym in the game. I really could tear down some of the other gyms if I wanted to or make them over with this. I also like using it to make nice minimalist bathrooms too. I like the climbing wall. I mean, it doesn't add all of the objects that you could have in the fitness theme but it does make nicer gyms. I'd say it's a good pack for builders because it adds some nice natural looking build materials. Yes, it would have been great if the smoothies and other recent self-care ideas came with this pack. I like the video work outs and I use those a lot actually. A new mom can put the baby down and do an impromptu dance work out, for example.

Moschino: I got this and I have a sim who is great for this pack, artsy Ulrike Faust who now lives in San Myshuno. I haven't used it as much yet due to the complaints about the camera bugs. I actually like some of the clothes such as the sweatpants and some other items. Some of my wealthier sims wear them as ways of wearing "designer" clothes. I really bought this for the career and the camera though so hopefully I will hear that this bug has been completely fixed. I haven't fully explored this pack yet.

Toddler Stuff: Do you love toddlers and want more stuff for them? With this pack, I added a toddler park in Newcrest. It's one of the only places that I will take toddlers because I generally like to focus on skilling up toddlers as much as possible while they are in that phase. I only like to take them to places where all their needs can be met. My new toddler park that I downloaded and then edited to suit my sims does exactly that. It also has equipment for kids and a kiddie pool for parents to cool off as well as napping areas, bathtubs and pet areas. The whole family can be together. Anyway, I was able to make that space with this pack. It also allows for many more outfits and styles so that toddlers can all look a bit different. Good for family play.

Laundry Day: Adds realism and as others mentioned, some quirky CAS/BB that is kind of boho/hipster/rustic. Do you want laundry in the game? I didn't care that much and got the pack more for the other objects but once I started adding laundry, I found that I wanted it in most households. I guess I like making my sims need to juggle it on top of other things they do. Strange, but I do recommend it. Sometimes the clothes really pile up. You need to pay attention to how many hampers you add relative to the number of sims. One hamper for a bunch of sims? Expect to do a lot of laundry. The machine breaks and you need to repair it or spend money on it. You can either use washing machines or a washing tub and clothes line. I don't know, I liked making my Strangerville hero stay on top of laundry while she was solving the mystery. Whether you want this is up to you.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    It depends on how you play. Toddler Stuff and Laundry Day Stuff are my favorites out of the ones you mentioned. Toddler Stuff adds way better CAS for toddlers than the base game offers, while Laundry Day has great CAS and BB. My First Pet Stuff is good and offers a few nice options for toddlers in CAS and BB that fits well in toddler and children rooms. The only issue with it is that if you don't own C&D you miss out on some content.

I don't own the others you mentioned, so I can't comment on them.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Fitness except for gyms (not many of them) and most of moschino items unless it's meant to be a modern house or studio.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    Kersiexx wrote: »
    Wouldn’t suggest getting Moschino at all as it barely as any clothing items. I’d say toddler stuff, least that’s what I would personally get. Gives some cute toddler hairstyles and toddlers barely have any without it.

Yeah but the Buy stuff is pretty good and the freelancer photographer career is good as well.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    If you love Cats & Dogs, want some colorful pet-centric furniture, want an awesome aquarium fish tank or a tiny caged animal...I recommend My First Pet. It's my personal favorite stuff pack, and use it all the time. It's not as bad as everyone says. Every pack has some very similar stuff to the last (Bowling Night & Tiny Living for example), so I don't see why everyone only focuses on MFP.

Fitness Stuff is also really great too. You get some nice bathroom items and a coffee table I love. Not to mention some great workout clothes and earbuds. Moschino is also great.
    1500x500.jpg
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Those are my top 5 stuff packs haha. They are all great
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm going to suggest fitness. I really like the furniture style and use it a lot. Plus the earbuds! And I like the addition of the rock climbing wall to my gym.

I like Moshino too even though I haven't dabbled too much with the added photography features.